[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post worst genre you can think of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 7efd636674a44a0af5095c6aacec85da.jpg (695KB, 1438x806px) Image search: [Google]
7efd636674a44a0af5095c6aacec85da.jpg
695KB, 1438x806px
>'muh 80's'
>'muh dated dull synths'
>'muh faux-nostalgia'

Synthwave needs to die in a fire
>>
>>73552283
>'muh anime images'
>'muh listens to Nujabes once'
>'muh faux-nostalgia
>'muh 10 second jazz piano loop found on youtube with free break stock samples'
""lo-fi"" hip hop is literally the worst thing around right now
>>
epic post

here's an upvote for ya
>>
'80s worship in general should stop
>>
>>73552283
Vaporwave

>haha whoa bro check out this weird 80's sample set to elevator music xD
>A E S T H E T I C

literally never got the appeal of that shit genre
>>
>>73552283
this so much
>>
>>73552283
1800s american patriotic marching band
>>
>>73552355
in favor of an emo revival revival, amirite?
>>
File: 1492566075931.png (55KB, 287x275px) Image search: [Google]
1492566075931.png
55KB, 287x275px
Rock Against Communism
>>
File: tarded.jpg (5KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
tarded.jpg
5KB, 211x239px
>putting "muh" in front of good things turns them into bad things
>>
Hip hop
Electro-swing
Vaporwave
Metal
>>
>>73552355
People worshiping a decade they werent even born in and only know through marketing should stop in general. Same with the 60's and 90's nostalgia
>>
If you say anything other than reggaeton please leave , if you defend that garbage consider making the world better and killing yourself. That is the scum of the world and living in Florida that shit is even in bathrooms .
>>
>>73552453
How does that delegitimize their attitude? Do the 80s only deserve to be worshipped by people in their late 40s?

It's not like pop culture has been getting better since the 80s anyway.
>>
>>73552453
Everyone knows that 60s and 70s were the greatest decades over music and everything, stuff.
>>
>>73552495
90s > 70s > 60s
>>
>>73552483
>It's not like pop culture has been getting better since the 80s anyway.
yeah because "pop culture" has been clogged up with nostalgia, reboots, sequals and basically just reusing known brands and tried and true formulas
>>
>>73552283
>>73552355
this to be quite honest
>>
Reggae
Metal
>>
>>73552283
Non-academic music in general
>>
>>73552562
No, that's not the reason. It has been getting worse because it has introduced new things that are worse than before, and insists on shoehorning them into every "reboot" and "revival" INSTEAD of following the tried and true formula.

Since you're clearly from /tv/, you should be keenly aware of that. There are very few reboot/sequels/revivals that actually stick closely to what they claim to imitate.

Millenial pop culture is 75% garbage new trends, and 24% garbage new trends clumsily masquerading as revivals.
>>
>it's automatically "faux" nostalgia because i don't like it

not how it works
>>
>>73552641
It's not that they don't like it, it's more that they don't want to be associated with some of the people who like it.

Cause here's the truth of the matter: most synthwave is pretty good. It's very samey but that has never prevented people from permanently latching on to a genre.

However, what does turn people off from genres (and trends in general) is when they see awkward/dumb/embarrassing people latch onto it. People like /v/irgins and redditors who are into synthwave for example.

That's how stuff works in general. People stop liking things when ugly/clueless people start liking them.
>>
>>73552706
>the truth of the matter
>most synthwave is pretty good
imagine beliving this
>>
not worst but most overrated is easily shoegaze
>>
mumble meme gangsta rap about bitches and bling
>>
>>73552714
I'm sorry, but it is.
>>
>>73552706
>However, what does turn people off from genres (and trends in general) is when they see awkward/dumb/embarrassing people latch onto it. People like /v/irgins and redditors who are into synthwave for example.

caring at all about what other people like is so fucking stupid. who cares that some redditor likes the Drive soundtrack, it doesn't make synthwave automatically bad

and it doesn't mean its "faux" anything
>>
>>73552376
have you listened to the dreamier ambient side, like telepath and 2814
>>
>>73552746
We all care what each other think. that's why we're arguing on a chinese tapestry forum
>>
>>73552418
this
>>
>>73552283
whatever the fuck twenty-one pilots play. i can't fucking stand that band
>>
>>73552845
21 Pilots is a chord progression, not a specific genre
>>
Can anyone recc me some good synthwave
>>
>>73552910
John Carpenter's lost themes
>>
>>73552308
>muh fake record noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpIQNxiKJoE

I will admit to liking this station but its music designed to never be listened too but to fill your empty space.
>>
>>73552910
Perturbator - The Uncanny Valley
Carpenter Brut - Trilogy
>>
Tonefield
Colorfield Painting sucks and tonefield also sucks.

Its not surprise this shit was made by /mu/

One label with this shit, if you are a newfag to remember it
https://wavelength2.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>73552741
>one of the most unoriginal musical trends of the decade, if not the most, is 'good'

If you want to listen to 80's music just listen to actual 80's music, jesus christ

>>73552641
also the term 'faux' nostalgia is used because most of the people who like it are 'le wish I was I was born in the 80's xDD' people either in their teens or early 20s. They believe they are feeling nostalgia for a thing which they cannot be nostalgic for due to not living through that period.
>>
Rap.

When it's bad it's a bunch of jungle noises and literal retards mumbling about superficial things like material possessions and easy women. Often bragging about them despite having neither.
That and glorifying crime and violence.

When it's "good" it's just low-IQ ignorants acting like they're smart, deep, "conscious" and "woke", and complaining over a beat about issues that are too complex for them to comprehend, and victimize themselves while blaming someone else for their community's shortcomings and problems.

The mere fact that "diss tracks" are a thing shows how retardedly childish and mentally underdeveloped they are.
>>
>>73552952
Thought you were memeing but turns out it's awesome thank u anon
>>
>>73553142
Also, in many interviews I've seen of new but famous rappers, they say that they've only started rapping 2 or 3 years prior.

Other genres require multiple years of study and constant practice only to BEGIN making music at a non-babby level (plus decades of experience to get to the world stage), while these morons become millionaires after a couple years of rapping while also going to school or work.

Just goes to show how simple and brainless this music is, and how simple and brainless its fans are for glorifying idiots who can barely read and elevating them as artists and superstars.
>>
>>73552283
/mu/-pop
Absolutely abhorrent. I'm sorry but you can't listen to accessible shit and pretend to be patrician.
>>
>>73553103
What if I have no nostalgia for the 80s yet I just like the sound and visuals accompanying the style? Not much other music has the same feeling to me that retro/synthwave does.
>>
File: Front.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
>>73552910
see
>>73553087
also Dance with the Dead, Mega Drive, and Kavinsky
>>
Synthwave is ok, but Future Funk is much better. The beats just flow better
>>
>>73554783
Thoughts on seas of infinity? AOTY for darkwave imo. Junkhead is the best
>>
File: IMG_3232.jpg (74KB, 720x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3232.jpg
74KB, 720x641px
>>73552757
I concur with this statement. I'm a big Ambient fan so those 2 really appeal to me. Most vaporwave is crap, but there's some quite decent vaporwave out there. If you have Spotify I recommend checking this playlist out.

PS if you take anything from this post and are curious about good vaporwave look up Haircuts for Men.
Vaporwave:
https://open.spotify.com/user/1255126827/playlist/6pPXubHvHPnMKKSEbofcdV
>>
>>73553049
Yeah this stuff is literally perfect for sleeping
>>
>>73552283
i agree synthwave is garbage. and i generally love the cyberpunk aesthetic
>>
>>73553316
I dont think rap requires multiple years of study and or practice,( though i doubt someone could rap on a mic or stage first try* because what is it. its not strumming away on a guitar or pressing piano keys. Its language something we begin learning from birth. just your voice and a beat in the background.
>>
>>73552283
Rap, followed closely by most forms of metal
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.