[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the comfiest album ever recorded ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Rubber_Soul.jpg (86KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rubber_Soul.jpg
86KB, 300x300px
Is this the comfiest album ever recorded ?
>>
Yes, and if you're crazy enough you can consider it proto-emo.
>>
Rubber > Revolver

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>73547041
They're twin sides of the same coin. 1A and 1B. You need both

It's like Pepper and MMT
>>
>>73547041
Tomorrow Never Knows
Rain
I'm Only Sleeping
She Said She Said
>>
>>73547065
technically rain isn't on revovlver but I agree revolver is better, but only by like 5%
>>
>>73547057
They even said that themselves, didn't they? You could honestly make a Revolver/Rubber Soul/Day Tripper/We Can Work It Out/Rain/Paperback Writer double album and I'd argue it'd be the best record of all.
>>
>>73547041
One inspired Pet Sounds
The other outperformed Pet Sounds
>>
>>73547075
>I'd argue it'd be the best record of all.
It would unquestionably be
>>
>>73547025
Oh man, what an album. I love this damn thing so much. My dream in life is to move to America and get a comfy log cabin somewhere in a snowy, mountainous region, and listen to Rubber Soul by the fire with a qt gf. It gives me so many feels.

>>73547041
I think Revolver shades it personally. Both superb records but Revolver is probably my favourite album of all time. However, as another anon put very well, you need both.

The middle period of their career is easily my favourite Beatles era. You get the great pop songwriting mixed with the experimentation and fledgling psychedelia. The transition between their early stuff and the later often over indulgent experiments is such a sweet spot. Rubber Soul and Revolver, as well as Rain, Paperback Writer and Day Tripper is as good a 2-year span of music as you will find in any discography.
>>
rubber soul sounds like being stoned feels
>>
>>73547036
wtf are you talking about
>>
>>73547192
>missing We Can Work It Out

I'd argue that's the best song that they've got in that era, and that's tough to beat. And yeah, it's easily the best year span by a band - late 1965 to late 1966.
>>
>>73547234
Shit, that wasn't intentional. I'm tired as fuck and it somehow slipped my mind. I wouldn't quite rate it as the best song from that era personally but it's certainly up there. Rain is probably my favourite from the middle phase of their career, if not their entire career.
>>
>>73547268
I'm trying to figure out how to structure a double album like that and it's bloody difficult, but goddamn it'll be great if I can manage how to do so.

Also:
>Oh man, what an album. I love this damn thing so much. My dream in life is to move to America and get a comfy log cabin somewhere in a snowy, mountainous region, and listen to Rubber Soul by the fire with a qt gf. It gives me so many feels.

Fucking patrician. Same goes, kind of in the process of doing so.
>>
>>73547305
Making fan Beatle albums is a lot of fun you should try it
I recently listened to this and had a blast
http://albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.ca/2015/01/the-beatles-get-back-upgrade.html
>>
In My Life is such an incredible song
>>
>>73547337
It's great fun, but I'm trying to set it up as it were an actual double album with two sides each. The issue is whether I put songs like In My Life towards the 1966 sides or towards the 1965 sides, because of tone and stuff. For example you've got I'm Only Sleeping paired up with Nowhere Man and You Won't See Me paired up with For No One, even though they're from different years.
>>
>>73547403
Post it when youre done
>>
>>73547065
I'm Only Sleeping is the best song they've ever recorded to be honest family
>>
>>73547192
>comfy log cabin somewhere in a snowy, mountainous region...with a qt gf
Ain't that the dream anon
>>
>>73547455
i would agree with this, but actually it's Golden Slumbers + Carry that Weight
>>
>>73547538
Only if you add in The End.
>>
File: Okokok.png (39KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Okokok.png
39KB, 240x240px
>>73547565
can do cowboy
>>
>>73547455
It's my second favorite of theirs actually after Rocky Raccoon

Im Only Sleeping is like a sadboy anthem
>>
File: loveless.jpg (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
47KB, 512x512px
>>73547025
nope
>>
>>73547714
what's comfy about loud grating noises...
>>
>>73547714
no
>>
>>73547735
No you eventually recognize the melody and it becomes like crack
>>
>>73547798
crack is comfy?
>>
>>73547822
And warm and happy. It's like crack
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.