[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow... it kinda makes you think...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Wow... it kinda makes you think...
>>
keep doing that, op
>>
it actually makes you think a lot, wow
>>
>>73546818
how does this make a good quote in the first place? he's just stating how he learned to play the way he does. why does it need to get paired with a black and white photo?
>>
>>73546818
ReAlLy MaKeS U tHiNk
>>
>>73546818
What kind of school did he go to? I can play Ramones three chords but can't play Stairway solo
>>
The Stairway solo is not hard and neither are Ramones songs. However, this has nothing to do with the quality of either group's music.
>>
>>73546880
can you endure spamming downstroked barre chords at high speed for ~hr because otherwise I'd say you're not as good as Jonny Ramone.
>>
>>73546880
It kinda makes sense, it was the late 70s/early 80s when he was finishing school, while punk was somewhat popular it never quite reached the same level of fame as Led Zeppelin, so more people would've tried to learn how to play Stairway to Heaven.

Thing is, I think he's talking more about the fast and loud and actually kinda repetitive and clear style of the Ramones because there's so much more of a chance for errors to be noticed. So these kids never learned one of the main things behind the Ramones' song - a good sense of energy and knowing how to play fast and repetitive, which is something that is very noticeable on Loveless.
>>
>>73546943
but along this guy's >>73546880 thinking, Kevin has later expressed an appreciation for Jimmy Page's vocal-like expression on the guitar, so it's apples and oranges right?
>>
>>73546989
Oops quoted wrong guy lol who cares!!!!
>>
>>73546818
>tfw he was talking about this forum post
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=123506
>>
From>>73547015

"Which 3 chords? The rock 'n' roll retard wants to know! (Ramones thread)
OK, let's assume I'm a rock 'n' roll retard. Never learned to play Stairway to Heaven like all the other thirtysomethings. Not very good at stretching my hands to make those chord-shapes. Don't even like playing G, cause it looks like I'm saying fuck you. But I heard all the Ramones songs have three chords. Hey nifty, I can play those! Oh wait, I have to figure out WHICH chords. Damn it! And I'm not the type to figure it out for myself. Help me help me help me help me help me help me. What are the chords to "Beat On the Brat"? "I Wanna Be Sedated"? "Rock N Roll High School"?"

07-02-2002, 04:13 AM
>>
>>73546913
The fact that Led is even considered one of the greatest just tells you how stupid people can be, even during his times.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.