[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the easiest and quickest instrument to learn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: CD8baLMUsAA3mKI.jpg (26KB, 383x367px) Image search: [Google]
CD8baLMUsAA3mKI.jpg
26KB, 383x367px
What is the easiest and quickest instrument to learn?
>>
bass or ukulele
>>
For what?
>>
The orchestra
>>
triangle

castanets
>>
>>73529610
Computer
>>
Skin Flute :)
>>
Is computer keybord expertise and quick writing helpful in learning piano?
>>
>>73529637
traditional style castanets are pretty difficult actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf9ypRpbZMA
>>
>>73529695
this
>>
throat sing
>>
african finger piano

literally anything you do with it will sound good
>>
>>73529610
Anything where you can immediately make a decent sounding tone I imagine - most percussion instruments - piano; though most instruments are extremely hard to play well or 'master'
>>
>>73530266
they're a bitch to tune though
>>
The human voice.
>>
>>73529610

definitely guitar
>>
every retard can play guitar and piano, the entire history of popular music showed so
>>
>>73530355
underrated
>>
Ehhhhh it depends. Guitar, ukulele, bass, all those kinds of instruments where all you need to do is learn where shit is and how to play said shit are relatively easier to pick up with minimal knowledge of music theory but if your looking for instruments in a more symphonic area id look at brass first. try baritone or trumpet first to test out your embouchure, then find a comfortable instrument and learn to read music and play music on a beginner scale. But desu most instruments are not easy for newcomers to learning music. They will all be fairly difficult. Some over others but only by a slight margin and for many reasons. you could also try and sing, but i cant tell you shit about that.
>>
>>73529610

tambourine
>>
>>73530194

It still looks a lot easier than most instuments.
You just have to close your fingers at the right time.
>>
>>73529610
synth
>>
>>73529612
>bass
>easy
good one
>>
Triangle.
>>
>>73530816
bass is only 4 strings you dingus
>>
>>73529674
No.
>>
File: 403826522_84d53369851.jpg (80KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
403826522_84d53369851.jpg
80KB, 500x310px
2 string bass
>>
drum machine
>>73529759
no
>>
>>73530839
this
>>
>>73530861
>literally don't even have to perform any songs, just get the notes down and press play
Something tells me you've never even tried it, unless you can name an instrument that is easier than clicking a mouse
>>
>>73530839
>tfw some retard somewhere got hundreds of thousands in music school debt and mastered every percussive instrument just to play triangle in an orchestra for fucking pennies
>>
Ukulele
>>
>>73532041
how well does the ukulele translate to playing guitar?
>>
>>73531940
Percussionists get payed the same amount as everyone else. While some parts are pretty deadshit boring, it's funny to think that sometimes you get payed like $50 a note per call.
>>
>>73532065
They don't really
Uke strings are in a weird order that is very little like guitar and playing ukulele will probably not build much strength in your fingers to transition easily to guitar
Translating from guitar to ukulele is a bit easier
>>
>>73532457
thanks
>>
Some percussion instruments don't require lots skill you just need to understand rhythm and timing and how to get the right sound quality
>>
>>73532409
there's no way every musician is paid the same. i would assume piano and cello would get the most money
>>
>>73532543
being good drummer takes a shit ton of talent and creativity though. i saw a thing that said drummers actually have the best natural problem solving ability and IQ (take that shit wit ha grain of salt, but still).
>>
>>73530546
I'm seconding this guy. I learned 2 different brass instruments in high school, get your bass level musical theory knowledge and learn one of those
>>
>>73532749
Base level*
>>
>>73532637
People that are featured are typically paid more but other than that people are generally paid the same. Plus the triangle's usually paired up with something else (bass drum, timpani, or other auxillary)
>>
>>73533014
funnily enough (at least in my city's orchestra) if you were to play a couple notes on triangle and then a few runs on xylophone you'd get payed doubling rates (for untuned/tuned percussion) - effectively earning more than say one of the 3rd chair 1st violins, who actually do shit
>>
>>73533053
You say that but Im a percussionist and some times the xylo is a pain in the fucking ass. Rather play a full song on the vibes than a couple wierd runs on the xylo any day
>>
>>73533100
why's is it such a problem? You just donk it - it's not the most complicated/responsive instrument most of the time in orchestra, apart from having to watch the conductor.
>>
To just pick and sound good whatever you do?
Harmonica
>>
>>73533200
Assuming that its a good performance the difference between the xylo and other mallet instruments is that the xylo is used to stand out in the piece, so it's easy to mess up on a subtle 4 mallet vibe/marimba part and hide it. While on the xylo if you fuck up it sounds awful (also assuming that the piece requires the person to use hard/medium hard and not soft mallets). That's why I hardly sight read xylo.
>>
swinette
>>
the ratio of effort : people sucking your willy and calling you talented with guitar is astronomical
>>
>>73530849
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>73530849
>>>73530816
>bass is only 4 strings you dingus
Falling for this meme
>>
>>73529610
recorder would be a nice one to start out with. Also if you end up hating it you only wasted like $5
>>
>>73529695
Shut the fuck up Corey
>>
>>73530849
>>
>>73529695
Good one dad
>>
>>73533200
>it looks easy so it must be easy
>>
File: ament8x.jpg (53KB, 400x617px) Image search: [Google]
ament8x.jpg
53KB, 400x617px
>>73530849
>>
flute
>>
>>73535867
PERCOCETS MOLLY PERCOCETS
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.