[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happened to them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

what happened to them?
>>
They somehow got even better
>>
I have no idea why the rating on RYM is so low, I can't find any flaw with the song
>>
Sometimes, when you do everything right.

It's like you did nothing at all.
>>
>>73528280
they are retarded autists that hate anything that sounds remotely poppy
>>
>>73528280
what do you mean?
everything about the song is underwhelming: worse production than on any of their other albums, the song is going absolutely nowhere, there's a weird pause in the middle or the song that breaks immersion and the list goes on

very, very disappointed as a long-time qotsa fan
>>
Both "Feet Don't Fail Me" and "The Evil Has Landed" are better, they just chose the most poppy song for the first single.
>>
>>73528420
This. I'm a fan of them for like 15 years and seriously consider that they don't have a bad album. But this may be the first one. Shit is WEAK.
>>
>>73529261
>this may be the first one

I really trust Josh, I don't think this will be the case.
>>
>>73529547
new producer is scary, but i'm trusting homme
>>
>>73528661
>>73529261
I don't like the new song either, but remember that I Sat By The Ocean was the lead single for Like Clockwork.
>>
>>73528661
How you know that shit
>>
>>73529750
It was actually My God Is the Sun
>>
>>73530297
There are live recordings already.
>>
>>73528106
They make great music as always.
>>
It's pretty obvious that, since people were worried about mark ronsons production, they picked the worst song so people would be like "yeah this album won't be good" but then when it drops the rest is fantastic and blows people's minds
>>
>>73531863
yeah thats how you sell albums, by picking a shit lead single, fuck off idiot
>>
>>73528106
Fucking love that new song! It has energy and variety, and the slight rockabilly vibe suits them well. There's a "Are you gonna be my girl" feel to it. The mix could have been better but I don't care. 8/10, cant wait to hear more

so far I prefer everything about this album to what Clockwork was teasing with..
God is the sun wasnt very good imo
>>
>>73529554
this
IN HOMME WE TRUST
>>
>>73531863
I just refuse to believe that after all the years of career and reputation Homme decided to sold out with Ronson right now. He's too smart and has too much integrity. There must be another reason.
>>
>>73530297
>>73530586
villains of circumstance is also great!!
>>
>>73531947
maybe they had a direction in mind for this album and Ronson suited their need? its weird but who knows
>>
>>73528106
Why has Josh Homme been so obsessed with "danceable" rock music since Era Vulgaris? QOTSA started out as a hard desert rock band ffs.

Homme already has Eagles of Death Metal to make dancy rock music, when I hear QOTSA I want songs that rock the fuck out.

[spoiler] QOTSA are still my all time favorite band and I'm still hyped as hell for the new album [/spoiler]
>>
>>73531915
You sell albums with pop singles you fucking moron, that's called broadening your demographic. The rest of the album will deliver, hopefully. That's beacause long time fans are likely to enjoy/buy the album with the hope of having another great record on their player.
BTW no offense with that moron, I just find your reasoning a bit flawed
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMIbDaEBBZw&feature=youtu.be

Similar to My God is the Sun, I doubt The Way You Used to Do will be representative of the entire album. It was probably just the most radio friendly song they had.
>>
shit where's MGMT
>>
File: 1487374015862.jpg (11KB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1487374015862.jpg
11KB, 250x277px
>>73532702
My God is the Sun was way worse though
epic ending but the rest sounded like a pop-rock band trying to be edgy

[spoiler] QOTSA are still my all time favorite band and I'm still hyped as hell for the new album [/spoiler]
>>
Really didn't care for My God is the Sun when it first came out, but when the album came out it fit in pretty well. I can understand why people might not like this, but the 'poppy' argument is kind of dumb considering there have been at least one dance-y song on every single QotSA album.
>>
>>73532961
My God is zthe sun it'z hreat you dip
Cleanse thy ears fagoht
>>
>>73531947
http://www.nme.com/news/music/josh-homme-mark-ronson-queens-of-the-stone-age-album-2089287
>>
>>73532760
>My God is the Sun was way worse though
>epic ending but the rest sounded like a pop-rock band trying to be edgy
I vomited at your opinion and the choice of words.
>>
>>73533375
Is a good song desu
>>
>>73533313
what
>>
>>73528280
Its not a bad song. It just takes too many listens until it gets good imo. Feet don't fail me sounds much better and its only a 10 second clip.
>>
>>73528280
if Fantano gives the album an 8 or more, the score will most likely change
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.