[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stolen Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: green-beans-in-ice-water.jpg (50KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
green-beans-in-ice-water.jpg
50KB, 640x429px
Alright, /mu/, I need some help/advice, and I'll be posting specifics if this thread is well recieved.

So the story goes like this. Back in 2013 I posted my first shitty track on soundcloud. Typical amateur stuff, bad recording all around. But it was meant to be an exploration into the Harmony Man II (a discontinued guitar effects pedal). It has a unique sound to it and creates up to two harmonies.

Fast forward to April 2017. A song from a well established artist releases. I hear it every so often on the radio but always caught it mid song. Eventually, end up being curious enough to google it and listen in it's entirety. As soon as it started, my jaw dropped. It was the outro from the song I created 3 and half years prior.

I have sought advice from a friend who is well connected in the music industry and has recently become a plublicist for many well known celebrities. Her boss, who has dealt with similar things before said that I'm basically screwed.

I've thought about gaining attention from social media to drive my case, but have been really against it because I would recieve a lot of backlash from fans. At the same time, I've heard some terrible stories about record labels, and managers blackmailing people to keep shut about their celebrities.

tl;dr someone stole an idea from me and I don't know how to handle it.

What do?

Pic unrelated
>>
Depends on your buissness model, You can be B2B or B2C, I prefer B2B models.

Basically, helping out existing organizations, not general customers.
>>
>>73524699
post the two songs
>>
Just get new ideas because apparently they're good.
>>
>>73524746
I'm not ready to start posting my case. Just trying to figure out what to do. /mu/ will probably be the first to hear it though.
>>
>>73524760
You know, I should feel proud, but it really just hurts.
>>
>>73524760
I mean, in essence, trickle down economics does sort of work. Look at bill gates and Warren Buffet, they're some of the richest people in the world and they donated all of their money. They have to do have a clean conscious. I just help people out sometimes and stay broke. It's just my position in life right now.
>>
>>73524760
this, dont get stuck on it but let it push you. collab with someone who knows what theyre doing if you get stuck when writing or producing or whatever
>>
Alright, for the sake of the thread, posting the songs.

My song(last 45 seconds or so):
https://m.soundcloud.com/mrdrfedora/most-likely-v-2-wav

The song in question:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cycUHgg0zzU

Take what you hear with a grain of salt. I'm convinced they tried to recreate the sound and all.
>>
Sue
>>
>>73524922
lul you're retarded.
>>
>>73525079
I don't want the money so much as them to admit they're stealing music.
>>
>>73525193
I know. I'll go die in a hole now.
>>
>>73524922
bruh im sorry but logic did not steal this from you. so many subtle differences and it's such a simple melody.
>>
>>73524922
yeah you're p delusional

this wouldn't hold up in court

>drmrfedora
>>
>>73524922
wtf man, no. It's a simple melody and shit like this happens

I was thinking like it happened to /p/. where someone actually stole a photo from /recent/ and won an award in florida with it
>>
>>73525326
I prefer murdurfedera now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.