[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ opinion on Marilyn Manson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: manson.jpg (270KB, 862x1280px) Image search: [Google]
manson.jpg
270KB, 862x1280px
pleb shit? Praised by /mu/? Actually worth a listen?
>>
>>73523996
I like the debut album, antrichrist, mech animals, and pale emperor. I think mu generally puts him in the pleb category but whatever, alot of his music is great
>>
>>73524110
I would like to hear more opinions.His music in general reminds me of the dirty feeling you get when you're listening The Downward Spiral and I fucking like it
>>
>>73524199
what'd u think of holy wood? ive seen a lot of manson fans put that at the top of their favorite lists but I never liked it that much
>>
>>73524273
New listener here anon. Haven't check it out yet, going in order from the beginning and stuck in Mechanical Animals
>>
File: 1495510328202.jpg (134KB, 451x629px) Image search: [Google]
1495510328202.jpg
134KB, 451x629px
He's passionate about his image. The manson thing worked great in the 90's and early 00's, but he doesn't hold it up too well today. Manson now shitposts on twitter and facebook, which kind of diluted his mysterious manson vibe he was so passionate about. I still respect him tho.
>>
>>73523996
I was just listening to ACSS when I saw your post, what a coincidence. He's top tier, the first 4 albums are 10/10 as well as Pale Emperor and the early demos from the Spooky Kids days are pretty great too.
>>
Mu regards him as a meme but his first 3 albums are 8-10/10s
>>
>>73524343
alright cool. I think you'll find his stuff gets worse around the 2/3s zone of his discog, and picks back up at the pale emperor. he still sounded angry on eat me drink me and born villain but the instrumentation felt weak to me.
>>
>>73524550
Similar artists to Manson? Ignoring the obvious Nine Inch Nails-Reznor response
>>
>>73524592
Go to the source.
>>
>>73524655
I don't know how people like Skinny Puppy it's some of the most boring shit out there. Also its only similar to Manson and NIN in that it vaguely shares a genre with them.
>>
I think he's a talented dude and all the pre-Eat Me, Drink Me albums were at least good, with Antichrist Superstar through to Holywood being amazing. Since then I've not had much interest in him but I will say that The Pale Emperor was pretty good. Devil Beneath My Feet is my jam.
>>
>>73523996
>Trent and Manson are doing the same festival together this summer

A-Are they going to play together :3
>>
>>73524693

I like Skinny Puppy for the live shows especially. Nivek is a top tier performance artist.
>>
>>73524710
tey'll probably fuck on stage
>>
he ok
>>
File: 6754.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
6754.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>73524710

>tfw Trent'll Bowie pep talks Manson into getting clean.
>>
back in 2000 his fanbase was almost all pleb, but his music and covers aren't for plebs at all

he as a person is much more than any att whore nowadays

7.5/10 his music
8/10 as person
>>
File: 7_21_04questions2.gif (10KB, 587x270px) Image search: [Google]
7_21_04questions2.gif
10KB, 587x270px
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.