[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aesop Rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: AES.jpg (86KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
AES.jpg
86KB, 960x720px
What's his best album?
>>
Labor Days imo but I don't know all of them. Float and Bazooka Tooth are pretty good too
>>
I really like mystery fish.
>>
Float. I also enjoy None Shall Pass and Labor days especially much. I like all of his albums except for Skelethon and Bazooka Tooth
>>
File: Piero Scaruffi.jpg (141KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Piero Scaruffi.jpg
141KB, 770x1027px
Aesop Rock released one of the most intense albums in the history of hip hop, Float. Its raps overflowed with eccentric arrangements and haunting textures. Bluesy harmonica and guitar decorate I'll Be OK. Psychedelic guitar and slow booming drums accompany Commencement At The Obedience Academy. The frantic conversation of Big Bang is punctured by an out-of-tune violin. A cello and other rumbling instruments inhabit the underbelly of Basic Cable. Spare A Match is drenched in the gloomy sounds of a xylophone and a bassoon. A distant reverbed trumpet floats inside Fascination. An entire string section flows through Oxygen. No Splash swings between noir jazz and Middle-Eastern music. Drawbridge walks on the tightrope of slightly cacophonous instruments. Most of the time the beats are relatively irrelevant. The most intriguing rhythm is to be found in Skip Town, that sounds like a cross between garage-rock and reggae. The upbeat Attention Span is propelled by marching-band trombones.

Aesop Rock distinguished himself among rappers of his generation for the unique way of telling a story via metaphors and allegories, often shrouded in existential paranoia, and delivered in a husky growl. Unlike the other rappers of his generation, he was not an oracle but a philosopher preaching to a generation of introverted dysfunctional kids.
>>
The impossible kid
>>
>>73506423
Skelethon was fucking good
>>
>>73506600
This is almost entirely about Blockhead's work without mentioning him and a little bit tacked on at the end that's actually about Aes. Scruffi fucked up.
>>73506423
I rank them
>None>Labor>Float=Skelethon>IK>Bazooka
>>
The impossible kid was actually really great. he stays true to his style but made it a little bit more accessible with the beats and hooks imo. Since hes been in the game for a long time people will always say his earlier albums are his greatest, but I honestly believe that the impossible kid could be his best one. we get a really personal side from him on here too which makes for a nice change. Other than that labor days might be my favorite.
>>
>>73506423
Labor Days or Skelethon. Impossible Kid was awesome though
fast cars, danger fire and kives is still my fav thing he ever did though
>>
float
>>
>>73506423
Hate this fucking jewish cunt
>>
Don't know if his best but I'd say Apple seed is probably his most complete project. Nothing but heat in there
>>
The Impossible Kid and Hokey Fright.
>>
>>73508771
Hokey fright was awesome. I wouldn't mind hearing another crossover release like that or the track he did with Evil9
>>
>>73508520
Bruh hes Irish-Mexican
>>73508771
Hokey Fright is underrated as fuck. I really want another Uncluded album.
>>
>>73506423
daylight ep is the only acceptable answer
>>
>>73509708
OP asked about an album, though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.