[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so what does /mu/ actually think about U2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 600 copy.jpg (149KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
600 copy.jpg
149KB, 600x599px
Okay, so what does /mu/ actually think about U2?
>>
File: thetrash-1.png (64KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
thetrash-1.png
64KB, 200x200px
Even nickelback is better than this trash
>>
>>73500833
How much of their stuff have you actually heard though? Vertigo?

It doesn't even make sense to compare them to Nickelback when their contemporaries were the likes of Echo and the Bunnymen, The Police, R.E.M., etc.
>>
>>73500799
no album under a 7/10 until HDAB
>>
90s U2 was objectively the most ineresting and adventurous arena band on the planet.
I don't even like them that much, but I would have fucking loved to have seen them live during the Achtung Baby/Zooropa years.
>>
Legends. Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby were top of the game albums, and not even the best in their canon. They're one of the few artists to get to the top, respond to criticism and successfully change their entire sound and aesthetic while staying enormously popular. Their ZooTV, Popmart and 360 tours are among the most famous and technically progressive shows on the planet. And their early work from Boy to Unforgettable Fire is earnest and awesome.

The only reason anyone hates them is they've been floundering in the last 10 decades. Or for the true idiots, because of the South Park Vertigo meme.
>>
I basically feel the same way about U2 as Henry Rollins. Pop garbage trying to be something more than it is.
>>
>>73500833
>>/reddit/

>>73500887
October though
>>
>>73500866
Don't insult echo & the bunnymen like that ever again.
>>
>>73500965
Huh? You realize U2 was a post-punk band for a good part of their early career, right? And both bands sounded quite similar.
>>
>>73500965
To be fair U2's early 80s material is very similar to Echo and the Bunnymen's sound.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1jH5MuXSv4
this is pretty good post punk tbqh
>>
>>73501003
>>73501007
No shut the fuck up you retards
>>
>>73500965
U2's early-to-mid 80s output fit in perfectly alongside bands like Echo & The Bunnymen, The Chameleons, The Sound etc.
Don't tell me you never heard I Will Follow.
>>
File: people-head-in-the-sand-1.jpg (584KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
people-head-in-the-sand-1.jpg
584KB, 1500x1125px
>>73501056
>>73500833
>>
never bothered with anything past Achtung Baby aside from some singles. The Joshua Tree is still a top 10 album for me

granted, I'm old enough to have started listening to music before /mu/ and youtube reviewers existed, so I don't suppose this take is of any value here.
>>
>>73501292
Zooropa is pretty good but yeah, I agree
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.