[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Gorillaz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>Have conversation about music in the 2000s
>I thought Demon Days was pretty good
>Friends quickly dismiss it as trash, yet they loved Parklife by Blur
>I notice most Gorillaz fans are millennials, they like the animation but are probably unaware of who Lou Reed or Mick Jones are.

What's the verdict on Gorillaz /mu/? Normie trash or pretty ambitious pop?
>>
Don't listen to people opinions and make your own
>>
>>73497995
They have very original songs.
>>
>>73497995
>>Friends quickly dismiss it as trash, yet they loved Parklife by Blur
I'm the opposite. I know people that love Gorillaz yet they just think Blur is le woo hoo band.
>>
So I woke up at 3 in the morning for no apparent reason last night. I couldn't fall back to sleep right away, so I decided to listen to some music. I was really in the mood for Feel Good Inc, so I pulled up the music video. Now, I don't usually feel much emotion when listening to music, but Feel Good Inc is one of the very few exceptions. I've been listening to it since I was a little kid and everytime I hear it, it gives me chills. Literally. You can see me shaking anytime it plays. So of course, right as the laugh began, I started shivering. But this time was different. When the bass came in, I was absolutely shaking. My breathing quickened, and I felt tears fall down my cheeks. I've NEVER cried over a song, not even the masterpiece that is Feel Good Inc. I couldn't take my eyes away from the video, it was fucking mesmerizing! By the time 2-D was singing about the windmill, I was bawling. I'm surprised I didn't wake the whole fucking house up! I could hardly breath, I was freezing cold, and I felt like I was gonna throw up. I had never felt like this. Not even when I had the worst virus of my life, nothing compared to this... experience! It took me over an hour to calm myself down when the video ended. I didn't go back to sleep, and I don't know if I'll ever listen to Feel Good Inc again. Even thinking about the song makes me gag. So, moral of the story: Don't watch Gorillaz music videos in the middle of the night unless you wanna get possesed by a fucking demon or some shit.
>>
Their debut was okay
Demon Days is based af
Plastic Beach has a nice sound to it, but it's not as good as Demon Days
Humanz is too long, most tracks are forgettable, and all the memorable ones were the preview tracks
>>
>>73497995
Love Gorillaz and Blur. You can tell Damon really had his heart in their debut as opposed to Think Tank (granted I still loved Think Tank).

>Debut
Great collage of ideas, pretty chilled out and experimental.
>G-Sides
Eh it's kinda trash
>Demon Days
Thank you God it's perfect
>D-Sides
Not as good as Demon Days or their debut but worthy of any Gorillaz dollar.
>Plastic Beach
Very ambitious, slick and well done. I love it. Writing isn't as strong as Demon Days, but it's a great Yellow Submarine-style mix up.
>The Fall
Well, I got my copy for free so you get what you pay for. Poor Jamie wasn't getting much to do at this point.
>Humanz
Haha oh remember Jamie Hewlett? Well, he doesn't have much to do this time! Also get ready for too many guest spots.
>>
>>73498088
Wow
>>73498312
I agree
>>
Ambitious but normie. I don't care for the music but am interested in the story. I kind of wish Jamie would be allowed to do more with the characters instead of Damon being a twat and using up all of their financial resources instead.
>>
>>73497995
I think Gorillaz is pretty consistent up to Plastic Beach and Demon Days is one of the best pop albums of all time
>>
Demon Days = Plastic Beach > ST > The Fall = Humanz > D Sides >>>>>> G Sides
>>
>>73498088
Wew
>>
>>73499081

Post-Plastic Beach is just fucking depressing, feels like all the commitment and creativity went away - the Fall is cheap in every sense of the word and Humanz is just Damon jerking off with his friends.
>>
>>73499487
I'd switch Plastic Beach and s/t, otherwise spot on
>>
File: 1486343962602.png (218KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1486343962602.png
218KB, 414x415px
>>73497995
>loved Parklife by Blur

jesus christ, how can someone have such shit taste
>>
>>73499707
Come on, Girls and Boys is amazing.
>>
Why do you guys overrate Demon Days so much?
>>
>>73498088
pasta?
>>
>>73497995
plastic beach is one of the greatest albums ive ever heard my only problem with it is that sweepstakes is one of the shittiest songs theyve ever made
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.