[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we can agree that Holy Money is the best Swans album, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Swansholymoney.jpg (24KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
Swansholymoney.jpg
24KB, 288x288px
So we can agree that Holy Money is the best Swans album, right?
>>
File: pciagi.jpg (20KB, 220x218px) Image search: [Google]
pciagi.jpg
20KB, 220x218px
>>73495691
No, this is. Completely blows all the contemporary Swans albums out of the water
>>
File: tbk.jpg (7KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
tbk.jpg
7KB, 316x316px
>>
>>73495691
no
>>73495730
>HEEERRRRIYOURMUHHHNNYY
>HOOOOOOOLYMUHNY
>good
>>
>>73495691
its the best 80s swans

Soundtracks>Holy Money>The Glowing Man>Cop>Greed>Filth>Children Of God>The Great Annihilator>To Be Kind>The Seer>White Light>My Father>Love Of Life>The Burning World
>>
File: ArticleSharedImage-56894.jpg (582KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ArticleSharedImage-56894.jpg
582KB, 1440x1440px
>>73495691
>>73495730
>>73496182
Youre wrong, this is the best Swans album, along with White light from the mouth of infinity and the Burning World
>>
No it's White Light
And their best song is (-)°3
>>
>>73496225
I think Filth is actually better than Cop. Cop is great, but it's driven more by the super heavy guitar, which makes it sounds like an extremely heavy metal album almost. Filth is driven more by the massive percussion and the bass chunks. That as well as the more direct vocals and the more succinct lyrics I think give it a better overall effect than Cop.
>>
if the "best album" isnt Great annihilator, cop, filth, or TBK you're just fucking lying to yourself
>>
>>73496201
>HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>Not good

Get some taste
>>
>ranking TBK high

First disc is great but second has some of the most boring music they've made. Objectively best album is SFTB. Personal favourites are Cop, White Light and TGM
>>
>>73496201
Sorry you're too much of a soft bitch to appreciate Public Castration. Don't make it too obvious buckaroo
>>
>>73496472
Literally just mumbling about money while raping his bass and drummers play at a glacial speed, their studio stuff is superior
>>
>>73496495
Their studio stuff is a pale imitation of their stage shows, you don't get Swans at all dude
>>
>>73496495
You could say that about any Swans album from the 80s, this is what plebs say about them or a new listener. Public Castration completely beats any contemporary because of it's unrivaled intensity and its massive sound that truly makes Swans great in terms of sonic qualities. Again, sorry you're too much of a softie to enjoy it, and it has the same lyric qualities as Holy Money or Greed. So you're wrong.
>>
>>73496634
holy money and greed are shit compared to cop, filth, and young god, the only good performances of the songs off those albums are on real love, public castration, etc.
jarboe industrial rock swans was when they started making meme danceable shit without the kick of filth, cop, or yg, the live albums are the best thing from that era but they're still inferior to earlier work and eventually albums like stftb/sad
>>
>>73496789
Public Castration is better than Filth or Cop, and I'm completely right. It's not even close. Though I do agree that Filth and Cop are better than Greed or HM
>>
if you are talking the most brutal and atmospheric experience which leaves you drained emotionally afterwards - an musical journey like nothing else in music ever, then this anon is correct: >>73495730

If you want a little less of that soul crushing atmosphere, but produced in a studio with a feel of hopelessness (which has a perfect tracklist front to back) then this anon: >>73495691 is wrong because that goes to filth.

if you're newer to swans and like the idea of them, but want something you can listen to for individual tracks due to accessibility, that also doesn't make you want to kill yourself, then this anon is correct
>>73496182
However, I would say this is their worst album. But that is like saying it is the worst sexual position.

if you want the album with their best individual track and possibly their best transition album they made in terms of style, then this anon is correct.: >>73496235
>>
>>73496582
finally this opinion is spreading. if not only because you know it is the right answer and you don't even listen to public castration is a good idea or not.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.