[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to deathcore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: br00tal_kid.jpg (22KB, 236x708px) Image search: [Google]
br00tal_kid.jpg
22KB, 236x708px
Whatever happened to deathcore?
>>
>>73491489
It died.
>>
>>73491518
Metalcore and the various 'cores within it are still alive, why did deathcore come and go so soon?
>>
>>73491536
Probably because the name.
>>
It died out thank god. Whilst I do appreciate something completely mindless every now and then I'm glad metal isn't swamped with it like it was in the late part of the last decade.

For why it died out I'm guessing a lot of bands who started as Deathcore just moved on to something else eventually, in some cases more focus towards straight up Death Metal (Job For A Cowboy) or something completely different (Bring Me the Horizon, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel) so there was very little influence from bands who were actually getting somewhere with it.

All your left with now is Oceano.
>>
>>73491489
facebook and soundcloud killed myspace
>>
>>73491937
This.

Also scene kids graduated to college hipster nu males and started playing appropriate trendy genres like atmosludge, stoner, and blackgays
>>
>>73492058
Show some respect for the white man who forged ahead (again).
>>
>>73491489
Evolved into Djent.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQgMTuyjATk
it's still around but it's mutating into a really strange second wave of nu metal
>>
>>73492269
Djent has nothing in common with deathcore besides being trendy for the time period, and even then, djent is on its way out.
>>
>>73492314
I think nu-metal is a good genre, I think DJs do have a place in rock bands.
>>
>>73492314
I can understand being influenced by Korn and Deftones, but you wouldn't want to just make half-assed imitations of their songs.
>>
>>73491812
>Job For A Cowboy Suicide Silence
good bands
>>
>>73492058
>atmosludge

tfw atmospheric black metal gets dismissed by people that have never listened to it, called atmoshit, and confused for atmosludge.
>>
>>73492880
He is probably referring to atmospheric sludge metal, although I have never heard of any bands that would fit that description.
>>
>>73492988
Sumac is definitly atmosludge
>>
>>73492314
honestly, i can kind of get behind this transition
we need a real nu metal revival, full of distorted mixing, screaming rapper-singers with dreadlocks and bouncy, mosh pit gibberish...
wait...
holy shit XXXTENTACLES IS NU METAL!
>>
Born Of Osiris and Within The Ruins are good. (BoO isn't deathcore anymore though)
>>
It was literally Hot Topic scene kids who didn't understand death metal or beatdown hardcore, but they wanted to sound brutal, so they aped both, threw in some djent chugs since they couldn't play, and then threw in a lot of nu metal to make it digestible. It was competely without substance.
>>
>>73493243
nu-trap
>>
>>73494079
Beatdown hardcore was "real" hardcore kids making deathcore tho

That shit came way after the heyday of deathcore
>>
File: deathcore.png (160KB, 473x182px) Image search: [Google]
deathcore.png
160KB, 473x182px
>>73494079
Who was right?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.