[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It pisses me off to no end that ween were branded as lowbrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: quebec-560x560.jpg (97KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
quebec-560x560.jpg
97KB, 560x560px
It pisses me off to no end that ween were branded as lowbrow comedy rock by so many people when in reality they're some of the most skilled songwriters I've ever heard

This album's a masterpiece.
>>
>>73487190
pointless thread

ween have a divisive fanbase - people either love ween and recognize that they're amazing songwriters, or don't understand them at all. so this thread is just going to be circlejerking ween + shitposting.
>>
>>73487190
Personally I think White Pepper is a better "serious" album than this since Quebec is a little cluttered, but that's just me
>>
>egg
xD
>>
File: 1497149202634.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497149202634.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>73487190
ween is my favorite band and i can't pinpoint why
they're not the most skilled musicians, and objectively probably not the most skilled song writers
But I adore everything they do. It's some sort of special charm
>>
>>73487190
Don't worry OP online it's amazing with 10/10s in Transdermal Celebration, Tried and True, I Don't Want it, The Argus, If you could save yourself(youd save us all) and goofy songs too like zoloft, hey there fancy pants, the fucked jam, it's literally the best Ween album and perfect psych rock
>>
>>73487190

>lowbrow comedy rock

I've never heard them called that. They're very much respected in the music industry - many musicians are fans and cover their songs.

Snobbery in music disgusts me - but that's what makes a band like ween special: their irreverence. Zappa was similar in that regard.
>>
>>73487564

Agreed. The Argus is a masterpiece. Quebec is like The Mollusk but more mature and fleshed out. I agree with OP. Ween is too underrated.
>>
The Mollusk and Quebec are both masterpieces.
>>
>I'm waving my dick in the wind
whoa, what did ween meen by this?
>>
>>73488265

>like a japanese cowboy, or a brother on skates

their country album is fucking top notch
>>
>>73487390
That's Mr. Bungle
>>
>>73488265

Go listen to It's Gonna be Alright, Stay Forever, Sarah, Alcan Road...they have plenty of serious songs.
>>
>>73487226
>ween have a divisive fanbase - people either love ween and recognize that they're amazing songwriters, or don't understand them at all
Ok, I have nothing against Ween but seriously how the fuck do you think it is actually ok to dismiss all people with opinions other than yours with the bullshit basis that they don't "understand". Pseudo-intellectual faggots like you make me wanna vomit. Develop real arguments faggot.
>>
>>73487686
Oh shut up we need music snobs to keep balance and we also do need some artists to take themselves seriously just like we need some who don't. It's all about balance.
I agree with OP though I feel ween doesn't get the respect they truly deserve but then again it's their fault for making dick and butt jokes all the time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.