[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the Beatles album that has aged the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: revolver.jpg (678KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
revolver.jpg
678KB, 1000x1000px
Is this the Beatles album that has aged the best?
>>
Eh, honestly, I think everything from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road aged phenomenally. George Martin was a helluva of a producer.
>>
>>73486671
No this one literally aged the worst.

Beatles for Sale aged the best.
>>
>>73486671
Uhh no? songs about drugs, eastern india, and 'love'? the songs themselves are great but what theyre about is dated cliche

Abbey Road is the most contemporary. Let It Be comes close but its too focused on 'getting back' its too similar to its influences minus a track or two.

The psychedelic and early Beatlmania type albums are old
>>
>>73486802
Come Together and I Want You (She's So Heavy) are both pretty dated.
>>
>>73486811
You're so stupid
>>
>>73486811
no they're not
>>
>>73486811
bait.
>>
Beatles too good.

They are actual Tom Brady.

Gold has many colours.
>>
>>73486831
Ringo is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo underrated.
>>
>>73486819
>>73486817
One was literally originally meant to be a campaign song and the other is part of the same 60s psychedelia that you're chiding Revolver for.
>>
This album is top-tier.

Also amazing on LSD.

Although Tomorrow Never Knows gets a bit intense...
>>
>>73486868
Everything is amazing on LSD.
>>
>>73486849
come together is about bukkake
>>
>>73486872
Not true if you've ever tried acid.
>>
>>73486892
m8 I've done more different kinds of drugs than I have fingers to count with. Everything (music wise) is amazing on LSD.
>>
>>73486892

This.

Some music is far too intense, loud or some songs sound too fake and poppy. Acid is all about mood. I know it's a stereotype, but honestly Psychedelic sounds the best on acid generally I found. Especailly Floyd, Tame Impala, The Beatles, Ween and Boards of Canada.
>>
>>73486671
Well it is certainly their best. I don't know if it's aged better than Abbey Road and the White Album. Sgt. Pepper's, Rubber Soul, and MMT all kind of sound like products of their time.

>>73486811
I have no idea what you're talking about with I Want You. However, Come Together was always bad.
>>
>>73486916

Bullshit. Unless you're on like half a tab or very open minded musically. Never found that to be true. Most of my friends agreed. Tried to play some experimental stuff and generally it was too much for us to handle on a tab or two.
>>
>>73486916
Well you're aware some people freak out right and lose their shit with even the most mild stimuli? What's good for you may not be for the other guy. Saying shit like "everything sounds good on acid" could really fuck with some people
>>
>>73486936
You must be incredibly close minded when it comes to music then, or have a limited imagination. I've listened to old-time country music, Beatles, American Primitivism, radio pop, Burzum, and Kendrick on acid and enjoyed them all.

>>73486926
I never equated dated with bad. Hank Williams Sr is one of my favorite artists and he's dated as all hell, even if he stands out from the artists of his field in his day.
>>
>>73486976

Agreed.

Some stuff is too much.

Same goes for certain movies/shows.

I found Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas fun and hilarious on acid for a while but then it got really intense and a bit much. My one friend even left.
>>
>>73486721
This.
>>
>>73487003

No, I enjoy most all of those artists sober or high but on acid some of it is a bit too much at times. It's not about being closed minded, acid is a powerful drug. It sounds to me like you either had shitty acid or are lying if you claim to handle fucking American Primitive music, and Kendrick on acid...nah man. Plus everyone is different.
>>
>>73486802
>Uhh no? songs about drugs, eastern india, and 'love'?

*tips fedora*
>>
>>73487003

Troll.
>>
>>73487003
Well everything is gonna sound "dated" to some extent. It's impossible for something to not sound like the movement it was a part of. Sure, you can minimize the effect by not being stupid and referencing specific events and fads people of that time would only remember, but no one is gonna say that the Beatles don't ultimately sound like a 60s band. In fact they're practically synonymous with the 60s. Dated is a dumb term anyway. If anything, music like Tame Impala and other rip off bands is what sounds dated.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.