[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he better than 2pac and Biggie was?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0940.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0940.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Is he better than 2pac and Biggie was?
>>
>2pac
Yes
>Biggie
No
>>
>>73483140
Better.

Not as hot.
>>
>>73484341
he never did this yet, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OR1Plc5Qv8

that Transcends.
>>
Not even close
>>
>>73484375
& this is why. if I had to be all bend all,,,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ713cKuT18

I hate music & this may not play really loud on some shitty speakers.
>>
>>73483140
>biggie
yes
>tupac
not yet.
>>
>>73484318
>>
Biggie > Kenderick > Tupac
>>
Yep. GKMC and TPaB are better albums than anything the other two put out.
>>
tupac and biggie are shit desu. tbap and gkmc are better than anything in their discogs.
>>
>>73485770
Overhyped garbage
>>
>>73485801
So not that different from all of Biggie and 2pac's discography.
>>
>>73483140
He is, but normies will never rank him higher because Biggie and Tupac just had way too big of a cultural impact and are basically gods within the genre, if not within music in general
>>
>>73485840
I could honestly see in ten years him being ranked among them, especially if he dies a young death.
>>
K. Do can be as cool as he wants, but Hailmary... not even close.
>>
>>73485879
I WANT A THUG ANTHEM A MAN COULD SLEEP AT NITE IN A JAIL CELL TO

Kendrick has been there?
>>
>>73485840
Biggie is better than Kendrick and 2Pac. 2Pac is literally the most overrated rapper, he was good for his time but by now there are so many rappers better than him, including biggie and yes, kendrick. I just like biggie because nobody remembers him unless somebody mentions 2pac
>>
>>73485867
For him to decidedly outrank him, he needs to drop another classic album then die before 35. That's the only way
>>
CASABLANCAS HAS BEEN THERE
>>
2pac strikes me as incredibly immature after reading his life story. Like, Tyler, the Creator levels of immaturity but without the self-awareness about it.
>>
>>73485926
Who do you like?

Only Gucci goes harder.

Paul Wall chopped goes harder, but that is different.
>>
>>73485825 biggie is the GOAT and tupac or kendrick dont have shit on him, they are just liked because they rap about being black or some cuck shit like that
>>
>>73486005
Yeah, cuz lord knows Biggie never rapped about being black. / /_/ /
>>
>>73486005
Early LL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.anything biggie ever did
>>
>>73486023
But he was actually a lyrical genius and didnt ride to popularity with him being black
>>
>>73486035
Fuck bitches, make money.

t. LL Cool J
>>
All three are wildly overrated, but Kungfu Kenny has the advantage of more modern production. Hip hop has come a long way and Kendrick is significantly better and more interesting than Biggie and Pac because of it.
>>
>>73486059
It's funny because the fucker is 60 on NCIS lookin 30ish.

Pure talent. Like Charles Barkley or Sam Waterston.
>>
You must have not been there to see how huge and pervasive Tupac and Biggie were. It's not even a comparison.

And show me ONE song by this guy with ANY of the familiarity and pop appeal of Tupac or Biggie's dozens of hits.
>>
>>73486200
>show me a song that's been released in the past five years that's been heard as much as these songs released twenty years ago
I'm sure more people have heard Chuck Berry than all of these three guys combined.
>>
>>73486200
>And show me ONE song by this guy with ANY of the familiarity and pop appeal of Tupac or Biggie's dozens of hits.
Humble
DNA
Swimming Pools
Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
Alright
Money Trees

But yeah, I get your point
>>
>>73486246
>Money Trees
I'd argue this one doesn't count. [spoiler]Cause I can't remember it off the top of my head.[/spoiler]
>>
>>73483140
Ya know this is really a question of whose better, The master or the Creator. 2pac and Biggie had a cultural impact. But Honestly think Kendrick has surpassed both of them.
>>
>>73486274
I mean, 2pac was obviously influenced by NWA but I'd argue that he surpassed Ice Cube as a lyricist. Don't see why it's so heated to say that Kendrick did the same to his influences.
>>
>>73486246
Hailmary though?

He hasn't done that yet if he ever will which I doubt
>>
>>73486287
I think once someone dies they become put on some untouchable platform,I think its stupid, No Disrepect to 2pac and Biggie, but they arent as good as people remember them to be
>>
>>73486327
Hailmary a song a man rides to see Jesus with, knowing it is all on the line.

A "Death Note".
>>
>>73483140
Big is just a buzzword that hiphop autistics throw around to defend commercially successful artists, its actually totally irrelevant to the discussion of music.
>>
>>73484587
>>
>>73483140
>is he a better rapper?
yes
>is he a better songwriter?
yes
>is he a "greater" artist?
no. biggie and pac will always be the big two. they were both larger personalities than almost any characters in rap and they were mythologized when they died. objectively only Jay Z Nas and maybe Andre are "greater" artists.
>>
>>73484375
Was this inspired by Death Grips?
>>
>>73487355
HOnestly i think Jay-Z is the most over rated rapper like Ever, perhaps im missing something but i just dont see the vibe
>>
>>73487814
Can someone tell me why Jay-Z is the go to for the media when they talk about esteemed rappers? Like, he's obviously a very talented and business savvy guy but why was it him getting into the songwriter's hall of fame and not Ice Cube (whom literally all of gangster rap is influenced by), Chuck D (who all of hardcore (and therefore all of gangster rap) is some what influenced by), or the guys from Run-DMC, Nas, or even 2pac and Biggie, etc. I can't tell if it's because he's friends with Obama so the media decides he's one the they need to laud (and no, I'm not suggesting illuminati bullshit) or if it's because he's one of the richest people in hip-hop or whatnot. Idk, it's just weird to me.
>>
>>73484318
FPBP
>>
>>73487852
Jay-Z is smart as fuck:

"Is Pious pious 'cause God loves pious?
Socrates asks, "whose bias do y'all seek?"
All for Plato, screech"

I think that's why.
>>
>>73488165
If you don't know, that's a reference the Euthyphro dilemma.
>>
File: costanzapixel.png (19KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
costanzapixel.png
19KB, 800x800px
>>73485738
I am okay with this.
>>
>>73485904
>2Pac is literally the most overrated rapper
hip hop isn't just rapping.
>>
>>73486246
>Money Trees
no
>>
>>73487814
listen to moments of clarity,renegade, and dead presidents
>>
shady blaze
>>
>>73488165
>>73488183
Jay-Z may be smart (well, he is, but that's not the point) but there are people within the genre who are simply way more important than him on a cultural level. Idk, it's more about him getting into the songwriter's hall of fame before anyone else that annoys me.
>>
>>73483140
Hmm Kendrick definitely has more range, technical ability, and more acclaimed discography. Under the circumstances it's pretty reasonable to say that he is. The two factors that are arguable are influence and nostalgia. 2pac and Biggie also have the advantage of existing at a time when culture wasn't as fragmented by 21st century culture and the internet.

however I do think Kendrick is better
>>
>>73487852
I think it might have to do with hits, the fact that ALL of his albums have gone platinum, or his constantly growing business success. COULD merely be the fact that he's managed to stay relevant for so long.
>>
>>73488270
LIsten to all of those songs, perhaps im blind or something but i can think of 15 more important rappers than Jay-z

>>73488346
Just checked on that whole all albums platinum thing. While that is an amazing accomplishment one not even Pac has done. Do you think his new album will also go platinum?
>>
>>73487355
>Andre
what?
>>
>>73488444
nothing really to get, jay's just a good rapper who was around at a very crucial time
>>
>>73484318
t. whiteboy
>>
>>73487814
jay z isn't shit and he doesn't have his own style, just mooched off others and used others for his own career
>>
>>73483140
can someone explain to me how people can bare his corny ass voice? he sounds light skin af and is the furthest thing from a real nigga.

pac and biggie are ogs so to answer your question fuck no.

i'll admit he's better than childish gambino and g-eazy.. not that it's saying much at all.
>>
Tupac's influence is undeniable but I believe Kendrick is better than Tupac, not better than Biggie though.
>>
>>73486246
Money Trees but no King Kunta or ADHD?
>>
>>73486005
Why would you reveal you don't actually know what you're talking about while making an argument, anon?
>>
File: 1nuinj unironic rap.jpg (55KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1nuinj unironic rap.jpg
55KB, 500x529px
King Kunta is massive cringe
Humble is massive cringe
DNA, i don't even know which one that was off the most recent stupid bullshit
Trayvon-themed performance at grammy's was cringe
Money Trees was good
At least 2 other songs on that album were good
To Pimp a butterfly is pretty gay overall but i can see how it's hard to call it terrible
He seems like a really cool person
Needs to become more hood/ironic and not this cringe-tier better yourself blah blah school systems blah blah muh blah blah
>>
>>73494243
The fuck is wrong with rapping to try and make a change. Its what makes him so great, Its what made tupac great
>>
>>73488248
>>73491356
Have you listened to Money Trees? Or have any friends that have? It's considered one of Kendricks best tracks by Normies and patricians alike.
>>
>>73494243
>TPAB is pretty gay overall

Whew lad
>>
>>73486200
dumb post
>>
>>73489159
>he sounds light skin af and is furthest from the real nigga.

you should listen to GKMC and "get him" maybe
>>
>>73487852
>Can someone tell me why Jay-Z is the go to for the media when they talk about esteemed rappers?
He's Illuminati like they are.
>>
>>73486200
>What is M.A.A.D City
>What is Swimming Pools
>What is Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
And that's just the one album. Are you retarded?
>>
>>73483140
The mere comparison degrades Kendrick's achievement. With TPAB he created the most important work in hip hop history, worth a 6/10.
>>
File: king kenny.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
king kenny.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
good kid, m.A.A.d city > Ready to Die > To Pimp a Butterfly > The 7 Day Theory > Section.80 > Life After Death > DAMN. > Me Against the World > Strictly 4 My NIGGAZ > 2Pacalypse Now > untitled unmastered. > All Eyez on Me

This is objectively true.
>>
>>73487814
I agree with you wholeheartedly
>>
>>73484318
FPBP
>>
File: 1475023656409.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1475023656409.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>73499852
how fucking braindead are you that Untitled Unmastered is that low lmaooo it's better than DAMN. alone like huh
>>
>>73486089
We're judging rappers, not the producers that made their beats.
>>
>>73498459
>>What is M.A.A.D City
>>What is Swimming Pools
>>What is Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
hot for a couple years but not "remember in ten years" good. Then again 2pacs and biggie's music has aged so they both have that "classic" advantage on ken
>>
>>73496975
>Have you listened to Money Trees? Or have any friends that have?
yes i have and no one i know talked about money trees like it was some big thing, they were enamored by MAAD city and BDKMV or backstreet freestyle
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.