[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Queens of the Stone Age: Villains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

What does /mu/ think the next album will bring in August? Did you like the track they recently released?
Also general QotSA discussion thread
>>
pop rock
>>
Guess its time they finally release a stinker.
>>
>>73482288
Not really feeling the new single. Feet don't fail me sounds somewhat better but i'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>>73482734
Wait, did Feet Don't Fail Me already come out?
>>
It's fucking awful

irritating guitar riff over and over
>>
I'm more bummed out they are releasing it late August cause it could be a great summer album.

The single felt underwhelming. Hope it's just an attention grabbing single.
>>
their singles are often the worst songs on the records, so i'll keep my hopes up for now.

hail homme
>>
the teaser in the video sounded good desu
>>
>>73483043
no, I was referring to the snippet we got from the teaser on the website.
>>
>>73483121
>>73483138
Personally, while it's by no means the best or even a great song, I felt like it wasn't bad
Honestly I think it's pretty catchy all things considered
>>
>>73482288
Will it top this?
>>
>>73482288
will MF DOOM have a feature?
>>
>>73483238
not likely
>>
>>73482689
that's not a bad thing
>>
>>73483266
>>73483238
Surprisingly Like Clockwork was really good, even though it came out so long after their debut
Usually with bands the further on in their career, the worse it gets, but this was kind of refreshing after Era Vulgaris
>>
>>73483295
It really was. And all it took was Homme literally dying and coming back to life to accomplish that. I'm hoping this new album rides off that second wind.
>>
>>73483221
Yeah I don't mind them going for something different. It's just that it's not my style and I won't probably love the album.
>>
>>73483295
Era Vulgaris isn't a bad record
>>
>>73483380
That's kind of how I feel too
Queens of the Stone Age is no stranger from deviating from the norm, so even though The Way You Used To Do is by no means a shining beacon of greatness, I feel somewhat confident that this new album will give us some good tracks, or at the very least, something catchy
>>
>>73483435
Oh no, not to say it was by any means, but a good portion of the songs didn't really hit me as much as with some previous stuff or what came after
>>
>>73482288
I'm literally not hanging myself because I'm just too curious to find out how the album sound.
>>
>>73483451
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant.
If it has their signature style with a pop rock twist it will still have some listening value fans of their older work.
>>
>>73483567
for* fans
>>
>august
FUCK
>>
>>73483138
Wasn't I sat by the ocean a single??
>>
>>73483792
Was it?
>>
>>73483792
might've been. it's a great song, but not among the best on the record. i love queens so even their worst songs are pretty fucking great for me
>>
honestly the new single is good can't wait to hear more
>>
>>73483874
>>73483792
It was
>>
Guys, sick sick sick was the first single for era vulgaris and that album turned out great
>>
Everybody complains about the new single but with a different guitar tone it could fit PERFECTLY on songs for the deaf and no one would even say "Oh that's the worst song"
>>
>>73484797
>but with a different guitar tone
that's my only problem with it. The production sounds fucking awful. The song itself is ok
>>
>>73482689
actually good rock is pretty far and few between
>>
>>73482689
lmao
>>
>>73482689
hipster nu-stoner wannabe butt rock
>>
>>73484873
doo doo desert-sounding ear-pounding butt cuck pop rock
>>
>>73484940
gramps deaf ass rock revival music
>>
>>73484873
>>73484940
>>73484978
someone should make a meme-genre generator
>>
The single is okay but that outro

https://open.spotify.com/album/6HiS1OC87eIa2QJifFSrRi

Go ahead and listen to the last 15 seconds. I have faith
>>
it literally sounds like neo-swing. he even talks about COUNT BASIE in this interview.
https://youtu.be/i4pRhVb6ntY

josh has lost touch.
>>
>>73484761
yeah but sick sick sick is a tune this one sounds awful

honestly as someone who thinks anything josh touches is perfect and havent really got any songs i dislike or hate by QOTSA i can honestly say this single fucking sucks
>>
>>73484797
whats your point? its not a different guitar tone thats why its a pile of shit
>>
The new single is absolute trash. But what do you expect when you hire a producer purely to try and get a top 40 hit.

Sad that they’re reduced to this but happens to most bands eventually.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.