[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name me a better Rock Opera Protip: You can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Quadrophenia_(album).jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Quadrophenia_(album).jpg
56KB, 300x300px
Name me a better Rock Opera
Protip: You can't
>>
>>73475749
Joe's Garage is better my dear fellow
>>
>>73476524
Incorrect
>>
>>73476601
That just settles it then.
>>
>>73476524
This
>>
a correct opinion on this board for once
>>
>>73475749
Literally nothing better. I saw them a few years back and they performed quadrophenia straight through with such energy for as old as they are. I was probably 12 or 13 and went with my dad. I'm 18 now and feel like I should revisit this just to see if I can tap into the angst a little more. The Who are the patrician dad rock band and always will be
>>
File: Chess.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Chess.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
*Coughs*

>Quadrophenia is one of the GOAT tho
>>
>>73477229
Quadrophenia has so many 10/10 moments it's actually impressive. On top of the entire band essentially being at peak performance, you have things like:

>the leitmotifs being both very obvious at times and very subtle at times
>The Real Me essentially being just a bass solo through the entire song
>Keith Moon's fills (which if you pay attention, while he's doing crazy fills, HE'S STILL KEEPING TIME)
>The Punk and The Godfather's bass-guitar alternation
>the many sectioned songs like I've Had Enough and Sea and Sand
>when Drowned reverses to 5:15
>DOCTOR JIMMY AND MISTER JIM
>the instrumental jams in Quadrophenia and The Rock
>the fucking vocal performance in Love Reign O'er Me

LOOOOOOOOOOVE
REIGN O' MEEEEE
RAIN ON MEEEEEE
>>
>>73477419
Plus the four themes defining each band member really makes it
>>
>>73477559
They all really fit the band members as well, which is really great.
>>
>>73476524
>Zappa
lol
>>
>>73477668
Pete knew how to do shit
>>
Anything meatloaf ever touched.
>>
>>73477685
>lol
Yikes
>>
>>73478053
Overbloated
>>
>>73477685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DqykUsqRY
>>
>>73477393
The only song I've ever heard is One Night and Bangkok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqj31VPNoE
>>
>>73477419
>when you faintly hear the beginning of The Real Me at the end of I Am The Sea
Buckle up, 10/10 album about to begin
>>
In the early 80's I was a Mod revivalist, this was a superb album.
Saw if preformed live a couple of years back and it was even better.
>>
>>73479161
I Am The Sea is probably one of the best introductions ever done to any album period, and even if you don't consider it a track The Real Me is easily one of the best opening tracks of all time.
>>
File: 1441083297703.jpg (19KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
1441083297703.jpg
19KB, 300x402px
>the drums during the Roger's theme part of Quadrophenia and The Rock
>>
>>73479371
If you really pay attention the whole leitmotif section (including rhythm) shows up in many, many different ways through the song. It's such a great album, there's so many of those callbacks.
>>
>>73479371

Turn it up that bit.
>>
>>73479287
I take it you liked The Knack and The Plimsouls too?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.