[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harmonica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Harmonica-Hohner-Special-20-2.jpg (134KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Harmonica-Hohner-Special-20-2.jpg
134KB, 800x800px
Just bought my first harmonica ever (diatonic, key of C). I've always wanted to learn how to play this sweet little instrument.

Any of you here play it? How do you recommend me to start learning it? Any good on-line resources? What do you like to play on it? General opinions from people on harmonica as an instrument?
>>
>>73470544
Blow it with your ass.
>>
File: bart-simpson-sucks-and-blows.jpg (225KB, 1574x1199px) Image search: [Google]
bart-simpson-sucks-and-blows.jpg
225KB, 1574x1199px
>>73470544

I'd say

https://www.harptabs.com/

and get learning, tabs aren't hard to read, number=blow, negative number=draw (suck)

youtube lessons, there's loads

and you can torrent books if you want to get serious

maybe listen to guys like little walter
>>
>>73470544
play some blues in G and improvise
You'll work out all the techniques within a week
>>
>playing the mouth fedora
does it come bundled with suspenders and a bowtie?
>>
>2017
>Not a synthesizer

Fuck off
>>
Watch famous blues harmonica players on YouTube, it helped me a lot
>>
File: 1497105961850.jpg (64KB, 662x712px) Image search: [Google]
1497105961850.jpg
64KB, 662x712px
>>73470544
I used to play this thing when I was younger and always did "happy birthday" for friends/family. they always requested it...
it might help you get laid i dont know, I think it helped me make out with a girl once.

If you're an absolute noob then start with some single note scales. I guess you just pucker up your lips.

On Key of C your major scale (i think) would be
Blow 4
Draw 4
Blow 5
Draw 5
Blow 6
Draw 6
Blow 7
Draw 7
Draw 8
Blow 8

Also a blues scale could be:
Draw 2
Draw 3
Blow 4
Draw 4
Blow 5
Draw 5
Blow 6

You want to learn to bend the notes. I don't even know how to describe this, it's kind of like a pressure change in your mouth??? I think I often drop my jaw to do this and this changes the shape of my lips. What it does is flattens the notes. it's easiest to do with the breathing in on the lower sounding end.

Also other tip I have is to breathe through the thing.
>>
>>73470544
I had this thread recently but no one helped me out! what kinda harp did you get? and like a lot of the posts said, look up a few delta blues artists as that really helps. Sonny Boy Williamson II is a good place to start.
>>
>>73472534
Hi there! The one from the picture, Hohner Special 20, key of C. I've just learned how to play single notes and some chords, it's fun so far. Blues artists inspired me to buy it in the first place, so I'll definitely check them out while learning
>>
The most beautiful instrument on the planet
>>
>>73473783
You mean piano, right?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.