[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You will never relive that part of your life where you were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: cheeky.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>You will never relive that part of your life where you were finally leaving reddit tier music of the gorillaz, black eyed peas, eminem, green day, etc., and entering into /mu/core.

Tell me your first /mu/core album listening experiences.
>>
>>73469571
My patrician dad liked listening to Kraftwerk, Talking Heads, and the Beach Boys, so I guess I got a head start.
>>
I've never seen the Black Eyed Peas praised on Reddit.
>>
>>73469571
i liked QOTSA, Radiohead and The Smiths when i was not visiting /mu/.
First /mu/ experience was Spiderland
>>
File: allisondisturbed.gif (2MB, 533x443px) Image search: [Google]
allisondisturbed.gif
2MB, 533x443px
I posted in a picture thread where people guess your favorite bands and genre based on your appearance.
I was told I looked like a faggot and probably listened to american footbll. I listened to american football and 1 year later realized I was a faggot.
It was a good time.
>>
>>73469571
>many plebs on /mu/ like Gorillaz
>many redditors like /mu/core, especially Radiohead
>>
>>73469571
Yeah, popular doesn't mean bad.
The Radiohead subreddit has 60,000 subscribers.
>>
When I first viaited /mu/ I immediately figured out ITAOTS, MPP and Hospice as some kind of albums that get posted a lot. At that time ITAOTS was pretty nice but slightly boring since I didn't know shit about more folky sound, MPP I couldn't bare and Hospice was really accessoble but I never listened to it in full, and nowadays even don't feel like ever doing so.
>>
i would go to sharethreads (this was back in 2009 so they were a bit more active) and just download everything.

i had no idea what i was gonna like and what i wasnt gonna like, so i figured i'd give literally every release a shot.

i think i heard every not-super-obscure album posted here in 2010.

little by little i went realizing what worked for me and whatever, it was a pretty exciting time.

i was pretty reluctant to listen to ITAOTS at first but i really liked it after.
>>
listening to loveless drunk running home at 2 in the morning when you just got back from hanging out with your best friend the night before moving away from your hometown city of 18 years. no album will ever reach that peak for me again. ive posted this in 3 threads, im high
>>
>>73469571
I already knew about rateyourmusic.com before /mu/ so I've heard a lot of /mu/core before.
What /mu/ did to me was actually discovering way more obscure bands and not listen just to the top 1000 albums or the top 100 albums of a music genre.
And to be more honest, before discovering rateyourmusic used to see the top 500 albums from the Rolling Stone magazine. Even in those days I knew a lot of those albums were trash but still there were some decent albums there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.