[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he their true lead guitarist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2439.jpg (60KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2439.jpg
60KB, 980x490px
Was he their true lead guitarist?
>>
Not in the beginning but he could've been later on.
George was the lead guitarist in the beginning.
>>
>>73467533
Which one? The Paul who died in 66, or the doppelganger provided by the CIA?
>>
>beatles
>good
>>
>>73467881
He didn't say The Beatles were good you contrarian dipshit
>>
>>73467533
Why do you ask that? He played the Taxman solo right? Did he play any others?
>>
>>73467979
He played the solo on The End.
>>
[spoiler]gay[/spoiler]
>>
He was their best guitarist if that's what you're asking. And their best bassist of course. And singer, And pianist. Probably their best songwriter too, all things considered.
>>
>>73467992
Fucking hell. This makes me lose a lot of respect for Harrison. The guy blew his load on his first two solo albums and couldn't even do his fucking job right.

McCartney was the only real musician in the band. Playing guitar for their lead guitarist and playing drums for their drummer. He also had the most output when they split up. Lennon and Harrison had solid beginnings but by the mid 70s McCartney was the only one with any solid material.
>>
>>73467891
You fell for it man
>>
>>73468010
Don't forget best drummer. Plz don't respond with some bullshit about how Ringo is misunderstood and actually a brilliant drummer in regards to his simplicity.
>>
>>73467992
>>73468017
I guess you guys are deaf because the solo is quite obviously 3 different guitarists trading off. And they happen to be Paul, George, and John if it wasn't clear. There isn't a single good guitar solo in their discography anyway. Even Clapton's on WMGGW is pretty boring. John and George's solos on Yer Blues are pure ear rape.

>>73468029
Ah yes, how could I forget.
>>
>>73468010
Jesus christ Paul is overrated here.
>>
>>73468076
Nice argument, faggot. You literally cannot dispute any of those things except for maybe songwriting.
>>
>>73468076
No, you just have no appreciation for musical instruments.
>>
Paul also played the solo on good morning good morning
>>
>>73468017
>and playing drums for their drummer
Whoa there, let's not get too hasty. Paul's drumming is decent, but he wasn't as on the level with Ringo as he was with George, and he only filled in for him because they had a troubled relationship at the time, not because he found his hob unsatisfactory.
>>
>>73468076
Paul had notably autismic levels of dedication to practicing and rehearsing while the rest of the band was getting doped
>>
>>73468076
These are the fags that cum on Beach Boy Records daily of course they're going to like Paul's shitty mom Baroque pop crap. I'm sure the majority of fags here think your mother should know is a better song than blue jay way or I Am the Walrus.
>>
REMINDER that the only reason Ringo was in the band was because John wouldn't lose protagonism by playing bass, and Paul had already lost protagonism by having to play bass, and wasn't going to lose more by becoming the drummer
>>
>>73467979
I don't quite remember but he played in a bunch of different songs cause George couldn't nail the part.
George had to record sometimes the solos in half speed and then speed up, he wasn't that great at the beginning.
>>
>>73469128
This
>>
>>73469128
>I'm sure the majority of fags here think your mother should know is a better song than blue jay way or I Am the Walrus.
Both pretty o.k. I guess, but note that the production techniques that make them interesting (the "psychedelic quality") had been introduced by Martin and McCartney two records prior and were now being milked by Lennon and Harrisson.
>>
>>73467979
Good Morning Good Morning is one of his best
>>
>>73469128
All three are legit great songs.
>>
Paul was a good guitarist, but just because he was wankier, doesn't mean he was better. George's was so much more interesting and melodic. And he played a mean slide later on in his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwn0qY2qY_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFponF9A86c

Also Paul was not a good drummer at all. The meme that he was better than Ringo needs to die.

>>73468017
>>73467992
All three of them played on The End. And Harrison's solo's were easily the best on there.
>>
>>73468072
>John and George's solos on Yer Blues are pure ear rape.
To be fair that was kind of intentional. The entire point of that song is that John was taking the piss out of white British dudes trying to sing the blues.
>>
>>73469857
Harrison also played the fantastic outro lick.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.