[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How patrician are The Who?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: the-who.jpg (156KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
the-who.jpg
156KB, 2000x1334px
How patrician are The Who?
>>
Quadrophenia and Live at Leeds are pretty patrician.
>>
Early Who: yes
Middle Who: sort-of
Later Who: not
Post-Moon: gtfo
>>
Up to Quadrophnia yeah
>>
>>73456836
Up through Face Dances, yes.
>>
>>73456836
literally who?
>>
>>73457021
This, The Who Sell Out is their best shit
>>
>>73457269
Face Daces is brutally underrated imho. I think it's better than Who Are You.
>>
File: Piero Scaruffi.jpg (141KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Piero Scaruffi.jpg
141KB, 770x1027px
The Who were one of the great British bands of the 1960s. Few bands embodied the rebellious spirit of the young urban misfits like the Who, the most celebrated of the "mod" band. On the way to erect the myth of their generation, they also invented a music anchored to colossal guitar riffs, pounding drums and operatic vocals, which ten years later will be renamed "heavy-metal". While the Rolling Stones, the Animals and the Kinks were rooted in the past (whether rhythm and blues or musichall), the Who invented a style that was the future of rock and roll.
>>
If you believe Christgau, they were only patrician in the British Invasion days and turned into massive prog rock sellouts with Tommy.
>>
>>73457385
That's only because Christgau has a hate boner for Prog
>>
>>73457395
>Christgau has a hate boner for Prog
Why?
>>
>>73457395
He thinks they peaked with The Who Sell Out and it was all downhill from there. I mean, yeah, the proto-pop punk Who of the 60s were a lot different from the bloated stadium rock version of the band after 1969.
>>
>>73457409
He only likes basic three-chord punk rock from the streets of NYC or something like that.
>>
>>73457423
Well, i think Sell Out is their best, but i dont think Tommy, Who's Next and Quadrophenia can be called "going downhill", they're pretty great too.
>>
Big, bloated yacht rock was just the direction the industry was going in as the 70s started, the Rolling Stones were equally guilty of it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.