[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to confess /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 35

File: Get_it_off_your_chest.jpg (24KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
Get_it_off_your_chest.jpg
24KB, 500x440px
>>
I like Father John Misty
>>
I talk shit about artists I like on /mu/ just to get a flame war going
>>
>>73455905
this is a bad thread
>>
>>73455905
more like gay it!
>>
>>73455905
I really want to get a girlfriend this summer, but she won't want a relationship
>>
Trap sucks :/
>>
>>73457299
it does, for the most part, it really fucking does
>>
Deafheaven is my favorite band and their new record is my favorite album of all time.
>>
I kept holding out hope for Muse until their most recent single when I should have given up 5 years ago
>>
I hate "caucasians"
>>
File: varg smile.png (93KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
varg smile.png
93KB, 300x225px
>>73455905
Varg is hot
>>
I've never listened to Kid A
>>
With very few exceptions, the south has the worst hip hop.
>>
My parents are seperating because of my dad's alcohol habits :(
>>
>>73457628
sorry to hear that anon
>>
>>73455905
I'm one of those people who claims to like all music, but I really think trap just blows.

ABBA is the best ever pop act.
>>
>>73455936
this image gave me kidney stones, never post it again. thank you
>>
FEEL SO BAD SO SAD TODAY
>>
I'm the best and nothing can change that
>>
>I think EODM, Royal Blood and Black Keys are patrician
>Let It Be is my favourite Beatles album
>don't understand the hype about ITAOTS
>same about Loveless
>I like Nickelback, but unironically
>EODM>QOTSA
>Ennio Morricone is my favourite composer of last century
>I like Taylor Swift
>I acknowledge that Radiohead are excellent, but I can't say their songs are special to me
>I like Coldplay before whichever album Paradise was in
>I don't like rap. For now
>I like the Pretty Reckless
>I never listened to a song by Elton John
>I hate Stairway to Heaven
>I have no idea of what the Bee Gees' members voices sound like
>>
>>73457924
>I have no idea of what the Bee Gees' members voices sound like
Robin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrg1UAixGaM
Barry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrWqDv3Kfsg
Maurice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4XwNxjxaI0

And get on Elton John right away. You're missing out.
>>
> I think rap is crap but unironically
> seriously think that modern music critics giving knuckle dragging apes and other terrible pop shit high ratings out of white guilt and to speed up the late capitalist machine to oblivion
>Never got into The Beatles
> Pretend to like certain post-punk bands to get in with vapid indie chicks, will memorize someone's opinion from here and pass it off as my own
> Deftones and System of a Down's first two records were excellent
> isn't anything> loveless
>>
>>73458044
*anything > loveless

Ftfy
>>
I really enjoy Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, etc. They're not all I listen to by a long shot, but it's definitely some of the music I hold closest to my heart.
>>
>>73455905
I really don't care for the Beatles.
>>
File: 1491928049287.jpg (58KB, 939x644px) Image search: [Google]
1491928049287.jpg
58KB, 939x644px
I love creed
>>
This is my favorite Nine Inch Nails album of all time.
>>
I fucking hate Eagles of Death Metal, Queens of the Stone Age, Temple of Dogs, you know shits along those lines that gets fat tumblr girls with dyed hair go crazy about.

The fact that these fucking trash ever got the opportunity to be recorded in a studio is sad

Also if you can't give a confident answer when someone asks for your favorite genre/band/album you're a betacuck
>>
>>73458272
>fat tumblr girls with dyed hair go crazy about Eagles of Death Metal
>>
Rodeo is one of my top 10 albums ever like damn I love everything about that record
>>
Angles is the superior Strokes album
>>
I think being critical about music isn't a sign of maturity. Instead, I see it as a phase. If you're still bothered by what other people enjoy musically when you're over 25, it's just a sign that you haven't matured enough yet. It means you have problems with priorities or even worse you don't have priorities because your life is empty and you have nothing to value yourself with other than music.
>>
>>73458044
Fuck yeah, dude. Adrenaline and soad's self titled are super underrated.
>>
>>73458272
What planet do you live on?
>>
I think anyone who can't at least appreciate the pain Phil is in even if the record itself doesn't appeal to them is a sociopathic asshole or an edgy contrarian.
>>
>My Chemical Romance's first album is great. Everything afterwards at least holds up for nostalgia
>The Used is great. Pretty much everything they made.
>Saturate by Breaking Benjamin is good.
>Infest by Papa Roach is good, though everything else they made is trash.
>P!atD's Pretty. Odd. Is absolutely terrific, though everything else they made is horrendous. A Fever you Can't Sweat Out at least has a strong nostalgia factor.
>Most Nu-Metal is highly underrated because of Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. KoRn, Slipknot, and System of a Down all had great self titled albums, and some of them had pretty decent albums after that as well.
>Deftones is amazing, including their early work as a nu-metal band.
>>
>>73458556
>people still won't recognize bullets as one of the best post-hardcore albums of the first half of the 2000s
do people really hate fake emo teens and the shit they like that much
>>
I've long since outgrown /mu/core, but I still come here just to shitpost and shit on people's tastes. Nothing personal, it's just fun.
>>
>>73458675
That's sad but I realized I do exactly the same thing.
>>
I hate anime
>>
>>73455905
ITAOTS isn't even that good
>>
I like vektor, unironically.
>>
I don't like anything by Bjork or Grimes.
>>
Bringing It All Back Home is a better album than Blonde on Blonde
>>
Frank Ocean is average at best, pretty boring listen
>>
>>73457628
:( Stay away from alcohol fellow anon.
You might be a mess if you we're raised by a fucked up dad. Never be scared to seek some professional help if it's possible / affordable where you live. It might shed some light on inner frustrations and what not that's going on in your subconsciousness.
>>
I live for music, literally. It is the only reason why I choose to be alive.
Nothing gives me joy anymore, I am tired of my life and I do not see a future in it, all I do, all day, all night, tomorrow and day after is to listen to music, actually, it has gotten so bad I do not sleep sometimes and fall asleep at 7am.
I don't like living, I do not wish to live, but I love music and I don't want anything else, I do not want people, relationships, sex, food, any of it, I just want music. The day I go deaf I am killing myself.
>>
File: uncle meat.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
uncle meat.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
This is the best Mothers album, and also the best album of 1969.
>>
>>73458272
Dumbest thing I've ever read.
>>
I like cock
>>
ever since I got into death grips it's all i want to listen to. i try not to put it on around my friends because it's so abrasive but I just want to listen more
>>
>>73459772
Same but with Nine Inch Nails
>>
>>73459571
BECOME the music anon, you have the power to make your dreams real
>>
>>73459814
I do not have the patience, the will power to learn any musical instrument.
I attempted music on computer, I gave up, I only excel in shitty video editing.

Or maybe I will learn one day, I don't know.
>>
>>73458242
solid album tho
>>
Varg "dindu nuffin" Vikernes is right and the west is doomed to fall thanks to the degeneracy of race mixing promoted by (((them)))
>>
I think Rihanna does good music
>>
>>73459553
He isn't abusive towards me or anything,but he just becomes way too distant and is terrible at listening when he is drinking by the table.

Alcohol isn't really an issue for me, but i have a pretty unhealthy marijuana habit
>>
>>73458242
you got some good taste, anon
TDS is my favourite but The Slip is up there
>>
>>73455905
i think grimes, death grips, and bjork, are pretty bad.
>>
I don't have anyone to discuss the music I like with, and it feels so lonely. This place and reddit only discuss the same set of albums, and while I have nothing against them, it gets so repetitive. I'm not eve trying to be elitist, anyone can listen to what they please -- I expected the internet to be more freeing than this though.
>>
>>73460651
Why don't you create discussions about the albums you'd want to talk about then? I'm sure there's others who share similar taste. Be the change you want to see, etc.
>>
>>73460761
Who says I don't? They all die out with barely any response.
>>
>>73460524
I thought it was controversial to even like The Slip.
>>
ITAOTS is unironically my all-time favorite album by far
>>
>>73460827
let's do it here, right now, go, do your worst, I can take it
>>
I think that Rihanna/Jay-Z Umbrella is one of the good songs
>>
>>73460872
It's not even really obscure music but Storm ad Stress, African Head Charge, Normill Hawaiians, Phew
>>
I find Katy Perry way hotter with short hair. She just looked bland before.
>>
>>73455905
Rock music is dying and that makes me sad.
>>
I can't stand 99% of the shit music that gets constantly praised here and only hang around to promote my own shit music in soundcloud threads because I am a sad pathetic shell of a man.
>>
File: 1496481918707.jpg (13KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
1496481918707.jpg
13KB, 600x357px
emo was the best invention of the 90s
>>
File: 1492987866071.jpg (80KB, 806x538px) Image search: [Google]
1492987866071.jpg
80KB, 806x538px
>>73460400
Literally this
Christianity is a Jewish sect and (((they))) worked together to destroy all the cultures in Europe and will ultimately make the west fall
>>
>>73459571
channel that passion into making music, anon
>>
>>73458044
LATE capitalism is a presumptuous term
>>
>>73462101
99% of the shit music that gets praised here is music that directly panders to the kind of people who unironically say things like "I am a sad pathetic shell of a man"
so maybe you should give /mu/core another go
>>
It's become painfully obvious I've outgrown this board.

I'm in my late 20's and the opinions I see on this board are more often cringe-inducing than not. A lot of it is the general shitting up of 4chan since Hiro took over though.
>>
Coldplay is a great band and I love all of their work up to AHFOD, but i'm glad they're coming a bit back to their roots.
>>
I'M IN A DEAD RELATIONSHIP THAT I'M ONLY STAYING IN BECAUSE SHE BOUGHT US CONCERT TICKETS FOR NEXT MONTH, also i really like justin timberlake
>>
>>73462699
be gentle to her anon-kun
>>
>>73461174
Ooo I love African Head Charge. My Life in a Hole in the Ground is amazing, kind of like a dub version of Suicide s/t
>>
>>73459571
Rec me an album
>>
An actually good confession: I was gonna kill myself when I was starting high school (failing all my classes, no friends, depressed and had severe ADD that I couldn't handle) but I discovered the Velvets and started to become really interested in music, playing guitar and getting more "out there". Now I'm graduating HS on Wednesday with fantastic friends, having lots of fun on guitar and having a great relationship with my parents.
I don't think I'll ever tell anyone irl that I almost kms but I'm glad I've gotten past that time in my life
>>
>>73459571
learn to dance, allow your personality to come out, have fun. you are in a downward spiral, life is not supposed to feel like that, however bad it is. I feel the same way about life, it weights me, but you gotta realise you are not well, your mind is sick. don't trust it if it's not propelling you forward.
>>
Phil Collins was pretty good, sure No Jacket Required was mediocre, and pretty much everything after But Seriously... is a load of garbage, his first two albums are very good.
>>
>>73462012
>rock music is dying

Lol no it isnt. Its just changing, like it has been for the past 70 years. Look up 666doom and Stoned Meadow of Doom on youtube for psycodelic/metal. I forgot my go to classic southern influenced rock channel.
>>
I actually enjoy new age music.
>>
>>73463009
nothing wrong with that. liking new age is kinda full circle, like it's patrish.

i mean like obviously there's limits but nah nothing wrong with that
>>
pol behavior should get you banned for a few days
>>
>>73463075
the only reason people post so much /pol/shit is because it gets guaranteed replies every time
just stop being so obviously triggered by it and it'll fade out pretty quickly
>>
>>73457628
My dad died of cirrhosis
I'm so sad but I'm also an addict to alcohol
>>
>>73463009
This is the patrician way anon
Alice Coltrane's New Age tapes are some of the best music ever created
>>
I unironically love Coldplay
>>
I still unironically like some of Evanescence's music. Fallen is nigh unlistenable to me but some of their early stuff and The Open Door is still good.
>>
>>73463114
nah i think it's because /pol/ exploded during the us election and the memes went airborne
>>
>>73463245
I don't really like Coldplay but Fix You is a great song.
>>
>i still listen to NOFX occasionally
>i unironically think the blue album is at least a top 5 90s album
>i hate the band i play in but i don't wanna leave because my bandmates are my friends and i probably won't be able to form or find another band
>>
Merzbow is one of my favorite ''musicians''
out there
>>
I'm a poptimist in denial. I try to listen to other genres out there and my topster is full of rap and rock, but most of my scrobbles are pop

the new Paramore is going to be my AOTY, but I;m not going to say it
>>
>>73463530

I'm no poptimist but I preferred the new Birthday Massacre album. That said, I do quite like 26 and No Friend from AL.
>>
i hated AMSP and i'm a huge radiohead fan
>>
>>73457837
me too anon, hang on!!
think about the stars and don't be so sad
>>
I think The Who is vastly underrated especially here, and that's considering it's The Who.
>>
>>73463619

I adored it but I can see why there would be complaints. It's pretty single minded in its meandering dreariness, the kind of album where you want to tell Thom to cheer up or something. But for me, I really dig dreary, meandering shit like that. AMSP felt like Radiohead wrote an album tailor made to suit my personal tastes.
>>
this spanish pop song is my guilty pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S725EmUhbmk
>>
File: 1448142044581.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1448142044581.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
I don't know how to become an acceptable user on this board. I don't know at least 90% of albums or songs mentioned in this place.
>>
File: mu.jpg (3MB, 2060x3825px) Image search: [Google]
mu.jpg
3MB, 2060x3825px
>>73464155
This will get you started.
>>
I don't come here anymore because you guys are all so fucking negative and make me feel bad. Just enjoy your fucking music.
>>
>>73455936
>>73457612
disgusting
>>73458320
>>73458341
I don't agree with you but those are great records.
>>73464155
I was that way when I started, it takes a few years.
>>73457628
Sorry to hear that, hope this can be an opportunity for your dad to get the help that he needs.

I guess my confession is that I like Modern Vampires of the City. It's not even a nostalgia-driven "I liked Vampire Weekend in 2007" thing either. I only got into the album within the last year or so.
>>
>>73464394
does anyone have the newer chart?
>>
>>73464155
Don't stress too much, just find shit you like. You will never be acceptable. They will always shit on you.
>>
>>73464402
I can't be the only one that doesn't takes the negativity not seriously
you've never have bantz with your friends? you've never messed with them?
you only want compliments or what?
>>
I genuinely love Metallica's 90s albums.
>>
File: 51208H1Y0EL.jpg (35KB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
51208H1Y0EL.jpg
35KB, 303x300px
>>73455905
I kinda like Korn
>>
File: 1494191480708.jpg (3MB, 1781x4325px) Image search: [Google]
1494191480708.jpg
3MB, 1781x4325px
>>73464435
yes
>>
>>73464791
thx
>>
>>73464415
Not a confession. Great album.
>>
>>73464630
I absolutely love KoRn, anon, especially s/t and follow the leader. Issues was great too. In fact, I even like Untitled, SYotOS, PoT, and Take a Look in the Mirror if I'm in the right mood.
>>
I hated mbv and I'm a huge My Bloody Valentine fan

was full of hype when downloading the mega link on the day of the release, but after listening once felt it was worse than even 'isn't anything', while /mu/ wouldn't stop sucking Kevin Shields' dick for a full week
>>
Wonderwall by Oasis is actually a masterpiece and it only gets shit on because of white college playing it on acoustic guitar too much
>>
Get Your Heart On! Is like my 2nd favorite album
>>
Slowdive>Weather Diaries>>>>>>>>>mbv

mbv lacks consistency or dreamy textures to make you lost inside them
they are just as plain as any post GBA-Tarantula Ride song for the most part except the first three tracks, which feel like Loveless b sides,relying on nostalgia
In Another Way is sick but the last two tracks sound really out of place and make me quit the album everytime I get there
>>
File: sung tongs.jpg (1MB, 1417x1414px) Image search: [Google]
sung tongs.jpg
1MB, 1417x1414px
Visiting Friends is indulgent trash
>>
File: 1353575355126.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1353575355126.png
5KB, 645x773px
I'm more attracted to anime than real girls
>>
Painting With is an 8/10 for me.
>>
I've always wanted to know is vaporwave died when it became mainstream or if it's still popular
>>
I've been listening to the beatles constantly for the past 3 months and I dont get the praise loveless gets, it just bores me
>>
>>73465831
holy shit
>>
>>73455905
Every good policy in Europe and the western world is going to get voted away by Africans, Arabs, and Hispanics; and then every nice advancement in the western world will slow to a halt and then reverse once governments have too much African, Arabic, and Hispanic influence in them, and therefore have to much influence in every important institution.

This is bad but is peanuts compared to the existential horror of the people who create Mexico, Honduras, Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Syria, Jordan, Afghanistan, and Somalia taking the US nuclear stockpile from the phenotype of people who created Britain, Ireland, Germany, Norway, Russia, and Austria as they will come to vote their races into the DC government in the next half century.
>>
>>73457837
good song right there
>>
File: Q8RBRzz.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Q8RBRzz.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
im probably addicted to alcohol and cocaine and this is my (probably fav album)
>>
I like obscure music but I think the surface level bands of most genres are surface level because they are the best.
>>
Johnny Cash isn't the best songwriter, vocalist, guitarist, performer or anything else of country music.
>>
>>73462929
same
>>
I hate pink floyd but all my friends like
So I pretend to like
>>
Its been almost a year, and I still haven't gotten over her. Also, I don't like Nine Inch Nails, or anything Bob Dylan made after Bringing It All Back Home.
>>
okay fellas
my best (female) friend has feelings for me and i don't know if i feel the same way
i spend like all of my time with her and i really don't know what to do, i just don't want to hurt her more than i already have
plus i think i'm pulling myself back into a slightly toxic relationship with my on-and-off ex so we'll see how that ends up
currently listening to itaots, weeping, worrying about how i can get out of this without hurting everyone involved
>>73459188
eh it took me a while for blonde on blonde to click
>>73466593
yeah i prefer a lot more marty robbins/buck owens songs to his
>>
>>73456757
fucking same here
>>
>>73455905
i can't listen to music that i like because it reminds me of 2 girs that now hate me. i also miss them a bunch.

i fucking hate myself and i wish i was dead
>>
>>73466574
agree
>>
>>73455905
Kanye West really fucking sucks. I honestly don't know why so many people on this board lose their minds over his mediocre works.
>>
Hamilton was fucking awful
>>
Sometimes I like to listen to early 2010s top 40 hits
>>
i still listen to ska in 2017
>>
OK Computer is really, really good and it's honestly a good choice for "best album" as chosen by a lot of aggregator sites, even though it isn't my personal favorite and was basically force-memed by the press and music industry as being a masterpiece.
>>
>>73467423
I think everyone here agrees with that
>>73467455
like what?
>>
>>73467492
ska sucks
>>
>>73464791
Confession: /mu/-core is actually a great collection of albums and they are so ubiquitous because they are, for the most part, the best popular releases that people have been able to find.

Many people whose top 40 albums don't have any /mu/-core are only that way because they tried very hard to not have any /mu/-core in their top 40.
>>
>>73467524

i didnt say i was proud of it
>>
I have an unhealthy obsession with a dead Jewish girl, bordering on sexual attraction.
>>
I love Screaming Females' cover of shake it off by Taylor Swift and regularly watch that video from AV club. It honestly got me into them.
>>
Dopesmoker is the greatest piece of music ever recorded by man, but stoner rock is a massively bloated genre, with only a few gems amongst mountains of generic garbage.
>>
I love indie folk music
>>
File: ththvirus.gif-c200.gif-c200.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ththvirus.gif-c200.gif-c200.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>73455905
I think Moby spawned this EDM/Trance shitstorm that is the modern music culture, yet I have a hard time hating him...
Also; I often masturbate to songs by The Beatles.
>>
>>73455905
I'm not popular so there's no point me performing music
>>
I hate 21 pilots but secretly love them when my coworkers play their shit out loud
>>
>>73468148

Do share these gems. I'm trying to get into stoner but there is so much shit to trudge through.
>>
>>73469258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UW_3Ed6BZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS5F9YLGvvs

you're welcome
>>
>>73455905
i really just wish people would stop saying music production is easy
it's not
it really isn't
>>
>>73469258
Sleep's Holy Mountain
Blood Lust by Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats
Horseback Battle Hammer by Conan
Black Arts, Riff Worship and Weed Cult by Dopelord
Pilgrimage by OM

Some of my favorites, though a lot of them are a bit more doom than stoner. Also Bongzilla and Weedeater are fun though I rarely find myself wanting to listen to a full album of them at a time. A little bit generic, but they scratch the itch sometimes. I guess add Gateway by Bongzilla to the list.

But seriously, Dopesmoker is the absolute pinnacle of the genre.
>>
I can't really explain what constitutes good music for me. I just listen to something and think "I like this extra much"
>>
>>73467398
Agree
>>
File: 1437880273269.jpg (45KB, 638x466px) Image search: [Google]
1437880273269.jpg
45KB, 638x466px
>>73455905
the memerap posting on here made me fucking vitriolic against rap. I hate trap and most of the shit that gets posted here now because it sounds like generic garbage and nowhere near the level of the shit you'd find in more underground hip hop circles. Poptimism is killing music and people on here should really stop worshiping whatever generic rapper pitchfork or melon head throws at them because this shit makes me want to throw my computer in the fucking trash. I don't know how we reached a point where lil yatchy and young thug is more relevant than Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, and other /mu/core but it makes me filled with fucking anger. It also upsets me because these memerap artists are backed by some top industry professionals and being pushed real hard in the mainstream and the musicians who are actually doing interesting new shit are still stuck self-releasing on bandcamp because they are not "marketable". You are being sold, /mu/, by industry heads by supporting this fucking cancer. The reviewers you use because you can't formulate your own fucking opinion are in bed with the money and using you to supply industry trends right to the hipster front lines and making fucking BANK.
>>
>>73469333

I've listened to Dopesmoker before because a friend shared it as "epic meme long bong song" but it actually is quite fantastic. I also like Advaitic Songs by Om but I heard it's considered lacking. I'll try out Pilgrimage then, I guess. Thanks.
>>
>>73458320
I agree with this
>>
>>73469333
Fu Man Chu
Noothgrush
Wo Fat
CoC
Cathedral (but I never really rated them)
>>
really, we need to go through the entire Peaceville catalogue one day
>>
and find out who this man was
>>
>>73455905
i fucking hate modest mouse
>>
I am really sad for what people are doing to earth and each other
>>
>>73460651
start a thread?
>>
>I like new lorde album
>Toxic by Britney Spears is pretty good
>>
>>73457628
I was outwardly keking at this thread and then this came and my smile instantly ceased. Hope everything goes alright

>>73459571
Reminds me of Elliot Smith's Everything Means Nothing to Me

>>73459873
Just do it. If yer a guy like me meditation helps. Expect to suck, but no practice can be that damaging, you'll only improve. I know you can learn bad techniques but it's better than nothing
>>
I hate metallica so god damned much. I get so angry when it comes on the radio. Holy shit.
>>
File: 0004943759_10.jpg (197KB, 960x627px) Image search: [Google]
0004943759_10.jpg
197KB, 960x627px
>>73455905
i get these weird pop phases every now and then
i just listen to pop for a whole night a act as faggy as i can
charli xcx, paramore, taylor swift, ariana grande, sky ferreira, lorde, selena gomez
>>
MBDTF is only okay.
>>73457816
Trap is in general pretty fucking trash sub-genre. It needs to either chill down or have someone be able to use to good effect because if it doesn't it's just going to get much worse before it gets better.
>>73457924
Not liking IAOTS as much as the perceived God status it has gotten is just natural.
>>
>>73469645
I agree
>>
>>73472539
Lorde is actually good tho
>>
File: 1464801676898.png (123KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1464801676898.png
123KB, 356x256px
>people listing shit such as still listening to System of a Down, NOFX, and still liking ska
>I do all of these without feeling like it's something to admit
I don't know how to feel about this.

>>73470107
>Wo Fat
My dude.
>>
>>73463619
I didn't hate it, but I thought it was sub par and remain confused about the seeming universal adoration
>>
>>73455905
The second half of mbdtf is actually perfect
>>
>>73463683
Literally who
>>
>>73467536
Im with you buddy.
>>
>Really enjoy melonheads content
>Rarely listen to currently released albums
>Listen to older albums all the time and talk about them as if they released last week
>Feel alienated from my friends because I can't talk about the music I like
>The Minecraft OST is fantastic
>Rumours is honestly 10/10
>I love Journey
>Only just learnt 80s new wave and 80s pop is supposed to be cheesy and a joke after a life of loving it
>As weird as they are it's great Juggalos are a community like family
>A lot of /mu/-core is great and turned me onto stuff I never would've thought I liked, like the Microphones
>Liking Nirvana is one of the most basic things you can do and I hate their fans
>I fucking love the Shooting Stars song
>I sing to myself when I listen to music and I think people can hear me
>>
>>73466397
Feels so good to be a honduran living in the US with assblasted faggots like you
>>
I unironically like this song ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTDv_szmL0
>>
>>73458556
The Used is just a bargain bin MCR.
>>
File: playboicarti.jpg (10KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
playboicarti.jpg
10KB, 224x225px
I like this
>>
>>73455905
I unironocally like Linkin Park
>>
>>73474660
i enjoy magnolia and wokeuplikethis
i cant bother to listen to the whole album
what are some other good tracks?
>>
>>73474811
I like other shit, flex and kelly k
>>
>>73469645
Preach
>>
>>73469645
>using the term memerap

it's almost as if you're contributing to the problem. just shut the fuck up and ignore it
>>
>>73463075
Same but also with/b/ shit.
>>
>>73458044
there's literally nothing wrong with liking Deftones
>>
THE BIBLE 2 WAS A GOOD ALBUM
>>
I unironically love you all faggots
>>
>>73469645
dude, rap is over. there is literally nothing more boring than a guy talking about the hood. hip hop is into avant garde territory now. danny brown and young thug and kanye etc are simply on another artistic level than rap purists.

this debate has been happening since outkast, and they're cemented as legendary to the development of the genre. get over it.
>>
I open doritos from the bottom.
>>
I love most radiohead albums especially Kid A but OK Computer does nothing for me at all, except for maybe paranoid android
>>
File: 20170620_131356-1-1-1.jpg (919KB, 677x1310px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_131356-1-1-1.jpg
919KB, 677x1310px
I've listened to When the kite string pops more times than I probably should have
>>
>>73455905
i've never met a white man with good taste in music.
>>
>>73463114
this.
always makes me smile reading an over the top /pol/ post with zero replies
>>
I cannot fucking stand Weezer
>>
I enjoy collecting music more than listening to it. Listening to music is a chore.

I also tend to be optimistic about butt rock/butt metal, and I don't know why.
>>
>>73477367
you would like weezer if they were called the feelies and it was 1987
>>
>>73477413

buying a turntable and starting a vinyl collection was the worst meme i ever feel for

at least it looks cool sitting in the corner of my room.
>>
>>73477414
weird thing is crazy rhythms is my favourite album
>>
>>73455936
I don't like his music but I think he's really hot in a psychopath way (especially his eyes). So yeah I would probably like to be kidnapped by him and closed in his basement kek.
>>
If I get heart broken once more I don't think I'll survive

I lie about my music collection size often, it's about 1/5 the size I say it is
>>
File: i have autism.png (183KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
i have autism.png
183KB, 375x375px
>>73477687
>Women.
>>
>>73457390
i know that feel anon
at least their live shows are still great
>>
>>73477779
fags*
>>
>>73469645
Correct.
>>
>>73469645
I don't like trap too but I always thought that Death Grips are actually memerap and Young Thug is /reddit/core?
>>
File: 1469489201041.jpg (74KB, 707x682px) Image search: [Google]
1469489201041.jpg
74KB, 707x682px
I'm convinced a lot of people here force themselves to enjoy the music they listen to. A large percentage of users are likely clueless about music and pretend to enjoy something because of the image it gives off to people online. Many are more afraid of being called a pleb than being honest about what they like.
>>
I've been browsing this board since like 2011 and I still haven't finished the /mu/core stuff.
I miss all the hipsters that used to post here because they helped me to discover a lot of new music. Posters today just discuss whatever's popular for the month.
>>
>>73477990
I think people are too afraid to display their real taste in charts.

I doubt people actually sit around and listen to 20-30 albums a week.
>>
>>73475677
I'm pretty sure that Danny Brown is a rap purist. Don't let the weird beats fool you.
>>
File: 1497326365882.jpg (18KB, 430x553px) Image search: [Google]
1497326365882.jpg
18KB, 430x553px
>>73475670
this
>>
>>73477990
i like to scrobble patrician albums with the volume down in itunes while listening to weezer on youtube
>>
>>73478045
I mean someone who's new to /mu/ will probably listen only to the essentials and probably just once and pretend to like it when normal people are looking for good music not only on /mu/ or some shitty Pitchfork. It's funny how many "try-hard" people are on /mu/ who listen only to /mu/core.
>>
I fucking hate the new Gorillaz album

I adore the new Harry Styles album
>>
>>73455905
Oasis are massively overrated, and teens constantly singing it pisses me off
>>
>>73478156
Gorillaz new record is shit but Harry Styles is even worse.
>>
>>73457299
>>73457348
I miss the Lex Luger era. Today's shit is too soft.
>>
>>73478180
Their first 2 records and the last one are ok. The rest is sometimes very bad or at least pretty average.
>>
>>73459571
I'm kinda like you. I'd rather go blind than go deaf. I just can't imagine living without music.
>>
>>73455905
Modern Rock is dead, just fodder for anime Openings.
>>
File: ye.gif (403KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
ye.gif
403KB, 360x240px
>>73477777
shame how no one notices the GET of the month
>>
>>73462008
I agree. Maybe it's because she looks like those pornstars that do all sorts of freaky shit.
>>
I think Krautrock is the most boring, pretentious and overrated genre of all time. Thankfully some artists managed to take it, cut down the bullshit and use it to influence some great albums. But pure Krautrock is wankery on a scale never before or after seen.
>>
File: fuck outta here.png (483KB, 468x521px) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here.png
483KB, 468x521px
>>73458272
>fat tumblr girls with dyed hair go crazy about.
>>
>>73458272
I hate them even more than you because I think it's just pathetic how they were making money of their dead fans after Bataclan. It's just really gross.
>>
I feel really bad about not enjoying lots of classical
>>
>>73480015
Same here, can only remember a handful times I've actually LOVED a classical piece.
Then I love the new Lorde for several repeat listens so I feel like a basic bitch which I probably am, who am I kidding?
>>
>>73455905
I really dislike music
>>
I want to find more new music but I seriously have no idea where. All my "friends" are total normies and I dont know other music related websites aside from /mu/ and p4 and their taste is almost the same

I feel bad about liking some metal

I don't enjoy human interaction
>>
>>73455905
I think that Kpop is just American pop but without the English
>>
>>73480231
You aren't wrong anon, if you switched out the uzbekistani lyrics, they would all sound like generic top 40 garbage
>>
>>73458378
hows being 18 treating you? planning on going into the STEM field I bet, being on your own for the first time away from mommy and daddy. Big scary world out there.
>>
>>73455905
>>73480198
My music taste has been largely shaped by youtube recommendations over the past couple years, and I think I have good taste.
Put good in, get good out.
>>
>>73458556
>The Used is great
I agree with everything else especially the nu-metal thing but no, the used are just fucking awful
>>
>>73458378
being critical of music and being bother by what people listen to are two mutually exclusive things. there is nothing wrong with critiquing art at any age. but you're right, a person's taste in music doesn't bother me like it used to, even though it never really should have bothered me.
>>
>>73457465
That's fine man, I've never listened to Ok Computer
>>
I have a strong desire to make love to Lauren Mayberry. Am I a bad person?
>>
File: rehsatn.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
rehsatn.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>73459571
i'm the same. The idea of hearing something new I might love everyday is the only thing that brings me hope. And the idea of having a huge vinyl collection of things I love one day when I escape an awful living situation, is the only desire I have to keep going.
>>
>>73462929
I have grown into this opinion
>>
>>73478299
I'd rather be blind than deaf also.
>>73459571
Keep the volume down.
>>
>>73463009
Enigma, VAST, and dead can dance are fucking amazing as well as the the tea party. literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>73467536
that's just not true at all. Fucking wow these are the kids I " discuss" music with
>>
>>73469503
lel literally how i've reviewed music for years and years and find stuff I like. I keep notebooks with albums ive heard and draw a big smile next to it if i REALLY liked it
>>
>>73480198
go on discogs, look up bands you like, look at their label, and try other stuff from the label. Also watch stuff from the vinyl community and get recs there. Here ill give you a max comfy vinyl channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfas6jXwO4M
>>
OUTLAW COUNTRY
>>
>>73455905
I really like Silverchair (their 90s output).
>>
Temporary Secretary is legit an amazing song
>>
>>73455905
I force myself to listen to classical so I can feel intelligent but I don't actually like it very much and really enjoy listening to anime soundtracks.
I'm like a /mu/ parody.
>>
Can someone pls tell me what they think of this?
https://clyp.it/4ddxfkaa?token=9c3f7f2a1804ea65a09352ae8382b6c5
>>
>>73455905

sometimes I rate and give opinions on albums and artists I've never ever heard.
>>
I'm madly in love with this boy and a week ago on our first real date, he gave me a goodbye hug. I don't think he likes me back and it hurts so bad.
>>
>>73475681
I don't know why this pisses me off so much u fucking rat
>>
>>73481847
Try being me and falling in love with a taken woman for over a decade until you start talking to your female self in your head because you've no one else.
>>
>>73481877
>over a decade
fucking, do you see her a lot or something? Cus if you do you need to stop
>>
>>73481315

Frogstomp is a decent album of classic grunge. Way better than all the post-grunge crap that came out after that.
Freakshow and Neon Ballroom had a few good moments too.
>>
>>73481926
Me and the guy are like best friends and have been for even longer than I know her, really. Our friends circle meets like every month at least so I see her often.
>>
>>73481945
That's real pickle stuff, godspeed
>>
>>73481927
<3
>>
File: 21stcentury.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
21stcentury.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
I unironically like this album
>>
>>73482094

I revisited it recently and it felt like a very nebulous expression of anger, like there's all these buzzwords but none of it meant anything. It was like listening to early Linkin Park. Still, just like American Idiot it functions just fine as well crafted pop punk so fuck it.
>>
pet sounds is overrated
>>
>>73459571
>me at this point
why is music the only thing to drown out your misery and loneliness
>>
File: St-Louis-MO-USA-cover.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
St-Louis-MO-USA-cover.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
This is a solid album
>>
>>73455905
....SĆ©amus Ennis

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r69j-jm9YW4&itct=CBIQpDAYACITCOuTyYzVzdQCFdMVHAodTVcLWTIHcmVsYXRlZEiG7sr4-7CkmNsB

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6mgPvYscUCk&itct=CAoQpDAYCCITCNGkk_XVzdQCFZcdHAodzc8DHDIHcmVsYXRlZEiQjLi0wd2noAs%3D
>>
I am unable to articulate why I enjoy the music that I do. I cannot describe any features or qualities of what I listen to that I specifically appreciate, and thus am unable to have a nuanced discussion about music with anyone. Sadly, what I listen to is not quite normie enough for me to get away with saying "ah yeah, I like that artist too!" and having that be the end of things. It always goes into "uh, so I guess I listen to a lot of japanese stuff and, uh... math rock? uh, yeah" and then I'm left to give the Wikipedia definition of math rock. Fuck.
>>
>>73462887
>>
>>73475631
So was Christmas Island
>>
>>73480298
Well I'm glad we agree on everything else, anon.
>>
>the wall is my favorite pink floyd album
>i love yeezus
>ok computer is meh at best
>i don't get anco
>>
I'm about to turn 21 in two months and besides one dude from /soc/, which doesn't really count, I'm still a virgin.
>>
>>73478376
This. People here criticize prog rock for being wankery but then praise Can. Which is literally the same thing just in german.
>>
>>73458044
mfw one of the few people who agrees with me about MBV is a paranoid racist
>>
>>73470183
:( and knowing theres not a damn thing you can do about it.
>>
>>73474811
lookin and location( it has some beautiful guitar work)
>>
Sometimes I open pictures from the K-pop thread because the girl looks cute.
>>
>>73477687
>>73455936

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-AYTghBYw

this is kino
>>
As a young latino in america i feel really out of place.I feel that we're not represented or not able to feel proud because usually the spotlight is always on black or white america. we're not allowed to be empowered because thats a black thing only. We're just devalued to cleaning houses, having funny accents, cutting the grass, and pushing a fucking broom or paint brush. It sucks because although i love and grew up on rock and rap. lately i've noticed that i can't relate to them anymore and this sucks. I can't really look up to any latin musicians at all. because there are none that are huge or influential in america.
>>
>>73464155
You're not expected to know everything. The point of the board is anyone can ask for opinions on ridiculously obscure music on the off-chance someone knows it and has something to say.

If you feel uncomfortable not knowing things, do what I did a while back and start sampling every album you see mentioned and downloading it if it seems remotely interesting.
>>
>>73485595
Whoa.
>>
I had my first xxxtentacion dream
>>
>>73480267
Thanks for validating his/her point.
>>
>>73457837
Big respect for this Codiene reference right here
>>
>>73485595
>black or white america.
I feel this also yet I'm white and born in the UK, I noticed it the other day when we were listing our top 10 bands. I think it's why rock espaƱol is so wonderful to hear.
>>
It's almost impossible to relate to most of the people who post here. Most of you seem to be obsessed with turning your self-loathing out onto other people, and are almost surreally out of touch with yourselves.
>>
>>73486285
yeah, like obviously there are some great white and black artists, but i would like to also have latin artists that i'd be able to relate to fully.
I can relate to trap/ hip-hop and rock/indie, but it kind of sucks because they're both full of black and white artists. Sometimes they say things i can't relate too.
(also not only just singing in spanish but any latin artists)
>>
>>73478299
>>73480414
Listen to Soundtracks for the Blind
>>
>>73486342
I like you a lot anon

I almost never come here anymore just because the hilarious elitism over the same basic "slightly weird" bands and the intense loathing is weird and pathetic
>>
>>73484149
read a book and learn how sentences work
>>
>>73486366
It's a very narrow cultural world out there it's unbelievable
>>
Guess this is kind of an unpopular opinion thread? I got some for you guys

>The Bends is a mediocre album
>The Glow Part 2 sucks and Phil Elvrum is an insanely boring artist
>The Beastie Boys are terrible and their albums aged like shit
>Los Angeles > Cosmogramma
>Drukqs is Richard's magnum opus and one of the best electronic albums ever made
>Death Grips are unironically the best band of the 2010s and are musical geniuses in their own right
>Most ambient music is boring and I don't think it takes a lot of talent to make
>Indie rock and indie folk is terrible
>It's 100x more respectable to be a pretentious hipster/contrarian rather than some millennial normie who only listens to hip hop, pop, or dad rock
>The majority of highly regarded /mu/core albums or certified classics are mediocre or underwhelming, but their status may have to do with this

Bonus:
>Anthony Fantano actually has pretty good taste for the most part and has more listening experience and music knowledge than 99% of this board
>>
>>73486601
these are all pretty much correct although some ambient music is made by very skilled people who know exactly what they're doing instead of Alex on his Microbrute holding a chord for 10 minutes

also the Beastie Boys are pretty solid
>>
>>73486601
>thinking The Bends is bad
how can someone be this retarded this has to be fa-
>likes nigger music
oh thats why
>>
>>73486655
Oh no, I have heard good ambient projects and I don't doubt it's artistic integrity. Most of it is just kinda bad IMO

Beastie Boys will always be insanely overrated to me

>>73486676
>Mediorce = bad
>Liking Death Grips means I like nigger music
>>
>>73486453
>>73486342

I've been thinking a lot about this. Honestly I think it boils down to the ingrained culture of the board. /mu/, like many boards such as /sci/ and /lit/ are full of the 1% of people in their category.

If you showed the typical /mu/core chart to an average music fan on the street, they'll MAYBE know 20% of the albums and artists. It's a pretentious culture and the memes associated with said culture are what keep the board alive. Of course there is still some good content on here, but most people are just dick stroking, reclusive, pretentious music snobs who have such bloated and warped ideas of taste that they, in reality, have no taste at all.
>>
>>73455905
illinois by sufjan stevens is the greatest album ever made
>>
>>73455905
I've listened to a lot of progressive electronic stuff, IDM, Glitch, etc. but rarely any standard EDM.
I'm almost guaranteed to like anything labeled Bubblegum or Power Pop.
I'm cool with most emo and pop punk (70's stuff is still the best) through the late 2000's. However I pretty much loathe anything that came out this decade, I can't stand that half-assed emo revival or "defend pop punk" bands. Also I fucking hate folk punk.
>>
>>73486739
oh absolutely. It's hilarious how predictable they always are. If they know anything outside of the establish paradigm it's because they found it in a sharethread and its some hyper obscure bullshit no one knows

i love this board trying to talk jazz. It's hilarious
>>
>>73457465
I've never listened to a radiohead album
>>
Hip-hop as a genre sucks now, sucked in the aughts, sucked in the 90's, sucked in the 80's and it will suck forever.
It's not "liked" as much as it is "tolerated" for social reasons.
>>
>>73486930
>It's not "liked" as much as it is "tolerated" for social reasons.
That's just incorrect. People who grew up with hip-hop legitimately love it. I'm 20, and pretty much everyone my age or younger unironically likes it.
>>
>>73480267
too close to home?
>>
>>73486601
I agree with your fantano point but that's probably because he's ~10 years older than your average /mu/tant.
>>
>>73458556
>>The Used is great. Pretty much everything they made.
I'd say their s/t is better than any MCR record, but everything after that is just a poppier version of the preceding record (ie, In Love and Death is a dumbed-down s/t, Lies for the Liars is diet ILaD, etc.). Also what the fuck was up with the brostep album? I guess "Take It Away" has a little bit of a breakbeat in the middle, but still
>>
>>73460651
Well, shit, it beats overinflating your own appreciation of Kendrick to talk with backpackers at work, or even dumbing down your interest in same to talk to Puerto Ricans. All two (2) of my actual friends aren't into music enough to have discussion (or, technically, one is into the Circa Survive brand of post-hardcore and other fringe-mallcore of the era, and I can discuss some stuff, but I can't get remotely near to even /mu/core before he stops relating to me (though he does know NMH from a fucking John Green novel))
>>
>>73464791
>Aesthetica
Unironically feel good that album is in there. Shit is some quality noise rock imo. Not really black metal like they claim though
>>
>>73465393
Shit, man, I feel like a contrarian for unironically liking mbv more than Loveless. To me, it builds on the sound of Loveless by adding more variety in the basic song structures, instead of just being proto-Beach House songs under an orgy of vacuum cleaners
>>
>>73466574
This, kind of. I like obscurer music (in the sense that I'd frequent /noise/ if its existence was a little more consistent), but my favorite bands are shit like GY!BE, Radiohead, King Crimson, Swans, and LCD Soundsystem, with David Bowie and Kanye up there as far as individual performers go. I always feel like a fag if someone asks what music I listen to, because I feel like a fraudulent /mu/ summerfag for my top artists, but they are my favorites because I've been listening to them for 10 years
>>
>>73470172
I love the actual rock albums, but I am very iffy on Good News and haven't heard their later material. I've upheld for years that I had never heard Float On, before last year when I finally heard that album, but I was always ashamed of telling people that because a) I come off as incredibly pretentious and b) everyone says I can't have not heard it when it first came out
>>
>>73472539
>act as faggy as i can
I bought the Art Angels CD from Target a while ago, having never heard the album before, and spent several drives singing along in a flaming-homo-type vocal impression to Kill v Maim
>>
Traditional music is the best. You music snobs do not know real music when you hear it, you cunts are so picky and always try to get a one uper on each other to see who has the most edgiest, so much so you end up listening to degenerate kike pushed\influenced garbage.

It is like fashion snobs, end up wearing dog meat dress.
The music that come from real people, that has the soul of the people is more meaningful. Fuck producers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCsqPbHiU5g
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.