[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get into Deerhunter, where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1496380959168.jpg (64KB, 583x573px) Image search: [Google]
1496380959168.jpg
64KB, 583x573px
Looking to get into Deerhunter, where do I start?
>>
>>73449323
by fucking yourself
>>
>>73449361
you must be fun at parties
>>
>>73449323
Halcyon Digest

Helicopter
>>
>>73449323
Microcastle
>>
>>73449461
This, very accessible
>>
File: 3.png (62KB, 300x433px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 300x433px
>>73449323
Chronological order, for a quick summary;
>Cryptograms is essentially shoegaze, built largely on reverb with more emphasis on ambiance and chord progressions than the usual shoegaze act.
>Microcastle is far different though still remains within the shoegaze sub-genre, however there is more of a loud/quiet dynamic to this album taken to an extreme where some tracks are near silent whilst others explode with energy and guitar tabs.
>Weird Era was released around the same time as Microcastle and is slightly more ambient with more use of sound-effects and electronics in general. I wouldn't say its as good though it does have some fun tracks of its own.
>Halycon Digest is their most commercially successful and critically acclaimed album, in my opinion its a tad overrated though I can see where its popularity comes from. Here the shoegaze walls-of-sound are gone, with more of an indie pop aesthetic and nostalgia-driven lyrics that are arguably Cox's best throughout Deerhunter.
>Monomania I'd say is a tad underappreciated, being a distinct change in sound towards a more garage rock edge with clear inspiration from the Strokes, still there are some more tender tracks like T.H.M. which make the album feel slightly more personal than the others. Unfortunately the first 4 tracks aren't anything to write home about, I'd say it gets good once Dream Captain starts though others may disagree.
>Fading Frontier is their most recent and shortest album. Their sound shifts again to a more dream pop approach in a similar vain to Halcyon Digest.
>>
Halcyon Digest easy.

https://youtu.be/uFU_sAUuInw
>>
>>73449498
What would you say is their most "psychedelic" album?
>>
>>73451032
Cryptograms by far, though I wouldn't describe their discography as "psychadelic" in the slightest.
>>
Does anyone have a link to their fallon peformance? Can't find it anywhere.
>>
Deerhunter is so fucking sophisticated I'd really rather listen to easy shit like Mac Demarco and tame impala
>>
their best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7DpLne1abo
>>
They actually played in my town not too long ago. I talked to the guy that worked sound for them and apparently the band was pretty nice but the lead singer/guitarist was kind of pretentious and insisted on having himself turned up way louder than everyone else iirc.
>>
Don't listen to Turn It Up, Faggot. There's a reason they're trying so hard to bury that album. It's not good.

Listen to everything until Monomania and beyond. Monomania and Fading Frontiers are easily their worst albums since TIUF, with the exception of the title track of Monomania and Sleepwalking.
Everything else they have is great.
>>
>>73451707
I've been looking for it for years. I remember watching it on TV and being hypnotized by it.
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 639x128px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 639x128px
>>73451707
>>73452689
Sounds interesting.
>>
>>73452749
>mishap with a finger
Bradford Cox made it look like he lost a couple fingers using fake blood and bandages. There was also blood in his teeth and blood on the drums. It was p. cool.

Apparently, the lost fingers was an homage to his father, who lost a few fingers doing some woodwork.
>>
microcastle>halcycon digest>cryptograms>weird era cont.

the rest is a bonus
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.