[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Production Tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 635a.jpg (16KB, 370x354px) Image search: [Google]
635a.jpg
16KB, 370x354px
Hey /mu/ I won't lie, this is my first time posting as my domain/stomping ground is gearslutz, but I thought I'd get an idea of who hangs around here by asking a simple question: Got any music production tips? Preferably no novice stuff. Been doing this for many years (recording a blue grass band tomorrow god help us all). But just some nice tips would be nice. :)
>>
If you've been doing this for years you probably know more than anyone on /mu/
>>
>>73448604
fuck.
>>
>>73448576
Turn bass the fuck up. Double vocals during the chorus. Snare sounds hi pitched but actually uses a ton of low end frequency too. Put a notch in your bass frequency where kick can sit and vice versa- see them as one instrument- Think 'Penny Lane'. High end and low end get louder the higher you turn your volume so setting them lower can actually give a comfier max volume level to the listener.
>>
Music is 90% about the recording quality and 10% how it's mixed. Messing with phase cancellation can lead to some awesome tones. Bass can be direct inputed to good effect if you have a low budget studio. Put on a high pass filter up to about 100hz for everything unless you're making dance/edm shit.
>>
>>73448742
I hope you mean quality of the recording take and not the actual equipment, as a lot can be done with meager set ups. Though I will agree the more gear the better, though at the same time, its best not to over complicate things if you don't have to.
>>
>>73448766
I basicall mean that if you record a shitty take or in a room, there's no way to mix it to sound good. Whereas if you record a great take in a good room, it practically mixes itself
>>
>>73448832
ok then I 100% agree
>>
>>73448766
You almost can't fuck up the mixing as long as you recorded in a good room
t.Pixies
>>
>>73448742
EEEEhhhahhehhhhhhehhhh
SSSS

AHHHHHHHHJHHHH

i don't know about that
I think mixing is pretty important
>>
>>73449322
well that was dramatic
>>
>>73448576
There's usually a production general thread called /prod/ but it's not up right now. Most of the people there are electronic music producers and talk about that most of the time, but other topics like audio engineering are also welcome. Come back and check the catalog some time tomorrow and there will probably be a /prod/ thread
>>
>>73449704
sounds good m8
>>
>>73448604
This.
>>73448576
Also, I recommend you the daily /prod/ threads on here, you might find more producers in that thread
>>
High trebles can lead to overall loud sound without the need to compress.
>>
>>73448576
Tip one: use Sony vegas
Tip two: use Sony vegas
>>
>>73448576
volume panning eq compressionreverb and delay are the most important thingsfor a mix, the res is just fancy plug ins n shit
>>
>>73448576
still here op?
>>
>>73448576
mix everything down in mono first
>>
how do you lot go about writing lyrics?
So far my method has been coming up with a melody to go along with the guitar rhythm
then using words that fit into that melody.
It's getting me nohere
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.