[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deltron 3030

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Deltron.jpg (24KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
Deltron.jpg
24KB, 341x341px
Explain how this shit isnt more popular
>>
anyone know a album with the same type of setup and atmosphere?
>>
That album is a classic within the genre and very highly rated among critics and music consumers. What are you talking about exactly? Lack of commercial success? The album had no intention of being commercially successful.
>>
it's extremely popular probably the most well known rap concept album anon
>>
not catchy enough
>>
>>73447504
>>73447514

Are concept albums generally unsuccessful commercially? Do you guys know any other concept albums with the futuristic style?
>>
>>73447492

Well there's the sequel, event 2, to start with, but two others that I know have a sci-fi setting

Splendor and Misery by Clipping

The life and death of scenery by l'orange and mr.lif(haven't heard this one myself, but it's supposed to be about some type of dystopia)
>>
>>73447692

Huh, wasn't aware that it had a sequel. I'll give those albums a listen, thanks much!
>>
>>73447557
Black Elvis/Lost in Space

The Cold Vein

come to mind
>>
>>73447527
It's insanely catchy though.
>>
>>73447465
https://twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes
>>
>>73447465
>i don't like that thug stuff, now THIS i can get into
>>
>>73448066

Nah, I started listening to hip-hop through Wu-Tang and Biggie but I started to lose the appeal and I just moved on to more obscure shit.
>>
>>73447899
>>73448037

Thanks, I'll put those in my list
>>
Buying the LP tomorrow. Never heard this before
>>
File: FP1270_El-P_Cover.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
FP1270_El-P_Cover.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
>>73447557

>Do you guys know any other concept albums with the futuristic style?

I thought the futuristic nyc rap stuff went out of style around the early 2000s but then I heard pic related. It's basically the early 2000s futurism style but with even sharper and harder hitting production. If you know EL-p you know what to expect. I highly recommend it, just awesome pulverizing dystopian beats and bars.
>>
>>73448118
right, then you know this albums reputation, it's very popular, whats the problem.
>>
>>73447557
non-phixion, the future is now.
>>
>no trendy sounds
>no trap beats
>no feat. other shitty rapper
>it's actually good

That's why it isn't popular

like if u were born in the wrong generation
>>
I remember going on a 5 minute rant about how good this album was while on mdma in front of a bunch of strangers and they just stared at me like I was a madman the whole time
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.