[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly do you hate about this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1444.jpg (169KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1444.jpg
169KB, 600x600px
What exactly do you hate about this album?
>>
The fans

The music itself isn't actually bad, just completely stale and forgettable
>>
>>73444967
that no one knows about the bonus bonus track (not Led Zeppelin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJFNs7xSTs
>>
Its terrible watered down version of previous greats like bjm etc
>>
I don't. It's very good when you are first getting into psych music. It's entry level. Once you have heard other stuff, it isn't as good.
>>
>>73444967
i listened to it like 3 times and I dont really remember anything about it.
>>
DUDE LSD IMAGERY BRO TRIPPY BRO REVERB AND DELAY BRO

TURN YOUR MXR CARBON COPY TO 10 AND ANY RETARD CAN MAKE THIS SHIT
>>
>>73445001
this is what currents should have been
>>
>>73444967
/mu/ told me reddit likes it
>>
nothing. it's one of my fav psych albums, instantly got me into psychedelic music when i first heard it 3-4 years ago

>>73445083
honestly! lol currents was kinda meh
>>
stop focusing on hating 'art'

try to appreciate it for what it is
>>
Nothing. It's perfect.
t bh i havent listened to it desu i just like being contrarian hehehe
>>
>>73444992
thats kinda how i feel. i dont hate the fans or anything i just think they're overrated. i think innerspeaker was their best album and it was only meh
>>
>>73444967
Not thier most solid album.

But gladly listen to it any day of the week. Tame Impala isn't quite up to par with Animal collective but great music.
>>
>>73444967
You used to love this shit before Currents though
>>
>>73445425
It's shit.
>>
>>73444967
I don't hate it it's just boring
>>
Entry lvl psy, no memorable moments.

I used to listen to it a lot, now it bores me before the 4th song and i hear it with low volume cause it kinda embarrises me
>>
>>73445401
>>73445489
Imagine being these guys lmao
>>
Tame Impala does not actually understand why the Beatles were good; they just take superficial elements that would be immediately apparent to uninteresting modern dullards, thrown together in a lazy, slipshod way that can only be symptomatic of larger societal ennui
>>
>>73444967
Redddit the album
>>
>>73447162
literally just buzzwords

Until I can hear a valid argument, I think it's safe to call it the rock masterpiece of the 2010s
>>
>>73447608
>actual arguments
>NUH UH IS JUST BUZZWORDS
>>
>>73446848
>no memorable moment
dude... when the keys come in on Keep On Lying
the lyrics on Elephant
the ending of apocalypse dreams
MIND MISCHEIF
so many good parts yo
>>
>>73444992
>>73445472
I'm guessing by these fans you mean the influx of people who came in after Currents.
>>
>>73444967
Anyone who hates Tame Impala are only looking at the most superficial parts of the music like the "psychedelic" aesthetic and hating it just based on that... but they don't realize that there are other things that make the record good... like the amazing basslines and chord sequences
>>
>>73444967
If you have a rudimentary understanding of music theory, you should be able to understand why this album is decent
>>
>>73448104
>>73448104
although you are probably samefagging I agree
>>
>>73448084
>>73448104
>>73448138
I fucked that up
>>
If Tame Impala were still relatively unknown the majority of /mu/ would praise this album as a modern masterpiece
>>
>>73448171
!!!!! exactly
>>
It's good, but Tama Impala just revives sounds from the 60s and 70s. It's not original, but it's good. No better than most QOTSA albums, and just as original.

Basically, it's over rated. Probably a 7.5
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.