[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will he ever top this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Section.80-Cover.jpg (17KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Section.80-Cover.jpg
17KB, 316x316px
will he ever top this?
>>
>>73444606
>itt it's 2011

Time traveler from 2017 here
Yes he will
twice actually
>>
>>73444606
Conceptually and in terms of sound quality and musicality he has.

In terms of the bite of his lyrics and rhyme schemes he probably will never top this. This is basically his Reasonable Doubt.
>>
>>73444606
Have you listened to this album in the last year? It has aged terribly. No Makeup and Tammy's Song are two of the worst songs I've ever heard an artist of Kendrick's caliber make. Just awful awful songs.
>>
>>73446078
Can you explain why? Saying it "aged terribly" isn't good criticism.
>>
>>73446145
The production just sounds kind of cheap because Kendrick wasn't a multimillionaire at the time. And, like I said, there are some embarassingly bad songs on there. Like there are songs from dudes in the soundcloud thread better than the worst tracks on Section.80
>>
>>73446078
No Makeup is trash, but if Tammy's Song is the one where the girl becomes a lesbian at the end its actually still very indicative of the times. Every Lamar album, regardless of acclaim, has its missteps (Real, Compton, For Free, Hood Politics, Complexion, GOD, LOYALTY) and S80 is no different. To begin to pretend that Rigamortus, Ronald Reagan Era, Hol Up, ADHD or Kush and Corinthians have aged horribly is foolish. The worst offense that S80 commits is its sound quality in comparison to its later ilk.
>>
>>73446206
What does indicative of the times even mean? Are you telling me lesbianism is a sign of the times and something spurned women actually grasp on to? That song was stupid in 2011 and it's embarrassing now.
>>
>>73446195
Those tracks have heart. Even if Production are on the weak side. Kendrick always drops as much effect in every album he's in.
>>
>>73446235
You probably don't get out much but trend lesbianism as a reaction born out of scorn for failed relationships has been a hallmark of this generation (at least in the black community). This does not undermine actual lesbianism and while one may take offense to the usage of "dyke" aside from that the song was fine. Why do you think it was so stupid?
>>
He literally did 3 times
>>
>>73446516
>3 times

Let's calm down here, S80 was really good.
>>
>>73446393
What's more likely, that lesbianism is a millennial trend or that now that people are generally more accepting of gay people than they were 50 years ago people are more likely to be openly gay than they used to be since there was a time when people got killed over that shit regularly.
>>
>>73446576
Agreed, this only corroborates the existence of trend lesbianism (as many of these girls revert back to penis eventually)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.