[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pink Floyd The Wall: The Movie, and similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (276KB, 830x1197px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 830x1197px
So, what does /mu/ think of the w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ film adaptation of one of Pink Floyd's most famous albums? Feel free to discuss other big musical films.
>>
>>73443793
The Beatles movies were shit. The wall is good.
Tommy is pretty good and so is quadrophoenia.
As far as concert films go the last waltz, the song remains the same, and stop making sense are all amazing
>>
>>73445427
>The Beatles movies were shit
>A Hard Day's Night exists

wtf?
>>
>>73443793
i'm a big fan of the film. gerald scarfe's work is the greatest sequences of animation i have ever seen
>>
>>73443793
Although not really a film showcasing music directly, whiplash is pretty good
>>
>>73445448
Eh you right, help was terrible though
>>
>>73443793
It works really well as a cliffs notes to the album, while being decent film on its own.
>>
>>73443793
I don't like The Wall that much by itself, but watching the movie with it made the experience much more enjoyable. Maybe some people will think this is queer but i would pay money for a totally animated movie for OK Computer. Possibly Amnesiac and/or Kid A. Perhaps just a Radiohead movie. Though I think if done in the art styles of OK Computer or Amnesiac it could be an animated masterpiece.
>>
>>73446015
I'd definitely watch an animated OKC, Kid A, or Amnesiac movie
>>
I think it functions better as a film, t b h. If I want to consume a story, I prefer to do so as a novel or a film. A radioplay/audiobook still works, but I don't like them. something about trying to continue a story through each song on an album gets in the way of the listening experience, to me. plus, I only really liked the Wall's music when it was my entry to Pink Floyd's music. I don't exactly hate it but I'd rather listen to Meddle or Darkside
>>
I would love The Downward Spiral being made into a movie samilliar to The Wall, I think it would work amazingy. Fuck it'd be great.-

I liked the movie The Wall, but I prefer the album itself, I am not fan of certain imagery, I like imaginating things my own way and concept albums are great for interpretations.
>>
>>73446015
Kid Amnesiac era has great art and both albums have always been connected in some way, that could totally work and I would sure as hell pay for it.

I feel like OKC and HTTT could make a fun live action musical, the music on those 2 have this theatrical feel that would be better suited in that format.
>>
The animated sequences were incredible, my only problem is that Geldoff's singing sounds a little weird
>>
Tommy is great
>>
>>73445820
the beatles admitted they were high off their asses during Help and pretty much only did it so they could go to other countries they felt like going to
>>
this movie is very dank
>>
I can't watch The Wall anymore. Around the time that I first saw it, I was madly in love with a redheaded girl and she sort of looks like the actress from the film, Pink's wife. When he loses her, I just fucking lost it. I can never watch that movie again.
>>
>>73445427
the yellow submarine is great what are you talking about?
>>
>>73447133
I'm allowed to have an opinion. Personally I hate the song yellow submarine
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.