[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlpop thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1200x630bb.jpg (95KB, 630x630px)
1200x630bb.jpg
95KB, 630x630px
Not as good as Ariana Grande's most recent album

Not as good as Selena Gomez's most recent

A little better than Britney's
>>
WOW good thread my friemnd!
>>
Does mu still like Farrah Abraham?
>>
>>73442987
Faggot
>>
>>73443100
She was just a lame novelty. A mercurial, tasteless, social-media-inclined hipster's Shaggs.

>>73443106
Happy Pride!
>>
This is the best top 40 vocal pop album of all time
>>
>>73443189
That's just silly.
>>
>>73443216
I thought so too until I stopped and tried to think of a better one. It's incredibly well written, sung and produced.
>>
>lana's next album will dig her career's grave because she surrounded herself with yes men
Music for this feel?
>>
>>73443160
You're a faggot for thinking any of that is better than this new Lorde album
>>
>>73443338
The criteria is a little weird and questionable since the 'top 40' chart is for singles, not albums. If we limit it to the first 40 of the Billboard 200 albums chart, there are hundreds, probably thousands of better albums, especially if you require that an album in question only touch on the top 40 at /some/ point.

And 'vocal pop'—what you do mean by that? Are 60s pop albums from the Byrds, the Beatles, the Kinks, the Beach Boys, etc., permissible?

It's just kind of a pointless, nebulous claim.
>>
>>73443382
>implying that her last album didn't already have her 6 feet deep

ok famiglia

also Melodrama is GOAT
>>
>>73443531
Her last album was great, though. Better than Born to Die, anyway.
>>
>>73443543
Ultraviolence is her best. Honeymoon was ok, but it had some filler.
>>
>>73443484
The lead single was #19. It's still a nebulous claim, though. I'd say Melodrama is better than every Beatles album.
>>
>>73442987
https://youtu.be/3PLmGPeLsJY
>>
>>73442987
Dua Lipa though.
>>
>>73443779
that's.... quite a claim.

I will, however, say that it is probably my favorite pop album of the decade. Even Pure Heroine didn't come close to how good this is.

WITD, The Louvre, and Hard Feelings/Loveless are such fucking amazing songs I was completely dumbfounded.

>>73443189
>I thought so too until I stopped and tried to think of a better one. It's incredibly well written, sung and produced.

I guess I kind of agree. I can't really think of a Pop album that gets as good as this. Maybe Grimes or Kate Bush, but even those weren't "top 40." So, insofar as Grimes and Kate Bush don't qualify and Lorde can be considered "top 40" I'm inclined to agree.
>>
>>73444117
it would be a bolder claim if I liked the Beatles lol
>>
>>73444155
hahahahaha fair.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.