[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Synesthesia and music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (123KB, 1916x812px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123KB, 1916x812px
After some experiments with psychedelics in my youth I'm permanently stuck with some synesthesia. I can see the abstract visuals painted by music, get body high from it. If I concentrate I canalso hear the music coming out of paintings and pictures.

Anybody on /mu/ has synesthesia? How does it work for you? Do you make music?

Pic unrelated
>>
how does mr bungle look like
>>
I actually had all of this before I started experimenting with psychedelics. my theory is everyone does, but they just get older and lose touch with it.

good job OP you managed to recover a bit of your soul. you are not already pursuing music you should definitely consider it.

otherwise realize these sonic/visions are like an actual muscle you need to exercise, force yourself to listen to things just to see what you can see. life is super fucking long and boring if you don't have abilities like this. I have watched several of my high school bandmates grow up lose touch with it quit music become junkies
>>
im synesthetic too, the kind where numbers and letters have colors. it's not as pronounced as it used to be, when i was young it was almost a curse, like a title of a book could ruin the book for me if the colors were no good. i never think of it now unless i'm titling something myself. yes i make music. none of it is on bandcamp or soundcloud anywhere and none of it is good, yet
>>
>>73441217
Brown and blue lasers in a fog (Pink cigarette). It's hard to explain, as it's rarely that I get some pictures.
Sometimes I can see architecture or creatures/people but I got to be tired.
>>
what does my poop sound like nigga
>>
>>73441265
>if you are not already pursuing music

cont'd

also get ready for people to treat you like you are fucking retarded, it is widespread epidemic that grownups don't actually like music on anything other than a nostalgic level. it might be best to have a pile of music recommendations that you don't share with anyone and then several layers of music reccs that you don't take very seriously until you run into a like minded person
>>
>>73441150
Are they looking at each other or straight ahead?
>>
>>73441333
Vin is a big guy for you
>>
i've seen music in colors my whole life.

Some notable examples:
White Wedding by Billy Idol is blood red
Blister In the Sun by Violent Femmes is a very pail pink (one of my favorites just for the color it triggers desu)
Roses Are Free by Ween is pink and triggers a sweet taste in my mouth that I can't quite describe

When I saw the Chili Peppers recently it bugged me that the light show for the song Go Robot was red and white when the song is very strongly hot pink

These are just off the top of my head though
>>
I mostly listen to hip hop, and I am always able to visualize the beat in my head, but I can never easily describe it. I can see certain types of beats better than others. For example, whenever I listen to trap or g funk, I get a clear and vivid abstract picture in my head. However, when I listen to boom bap or lofi hip hop, it's sometimes hard to make out what I'm seeing in my head. Also, I associate colors with artists, so if I hear a Young Thug song, I get a blue image in my head. If I hear a Kendrick Lamar song, it defaults to green. When I find out what album it's from and see the cover, however, if I hear the song again, I instead see the colors of the album cover. When I first heard Power by Kanye West, the color yellow appeared in my head. Then, after I saw the cover for MBDTF, I get the color red in my head when I hear Power.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.