[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i don't see the big hype around this. enjoy singer/songwriter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

i don't see the big hype around this. enjoy singer/songwriter but this just sounds like sex in the city tier to me.
>>
>>73440926
It's massively overrated yeah, this is her real masterpiece imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2rGbFhZrpk
>>
>>73440926
>sex in the city tier to me.
That analogy doesn't make sense. Clarify.
>>
>>73440975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1_PIuEmj8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViBdy1y-Gkk
>>
>>73440926
With Blue (1971), Mitchell takes the lyrical and musical transformation that consecrates the zenith of her most introspective and autobiographical music. Blue is a king of vibrant travelogue following the end of a sentimental experience. Her voice, elegantly and vibrantly stretched, reaches its climax of the possibility of folk-singing, sinking in a continuous neurotic moan. The compositions are complex and convoluted, intentionally rugged and anti-spectacular, sonically skinny, verging on silence. The words are more lyrical and detached, and without false modesty face the problems of the new sexual ethic, like Erica Jong was doing around the same time with her fiction. The harmonies are more rhythmic and melodic when accompanied by a guitar (All I Want, Carey, California, This Flight Tonight) and represent the most serene and lively art of the Californian, with calls to CSNY and country rock. The other pieces, for ivory, rely on difficult balances between vocal inventions and strokes of a piano, and create an environment of “cultured” European art (Blue, My Old Man, River, The Last Time I Saw Richard) that is suffused in the brain. These piano pieces are real chamber sonatas, and represent the highest achievements of the harmonic music of Joni Mitchell. Though there are many digressions of theme on the album, the main conflict is one of a romantically attained wisdom, the conflict between love and freedom: love stifles freedom, and without freedom you cannot have creativity. Loneliness becomes a necessary evil for those who want to realize their own personality. In this abstract thesis, Mitchell sacrifices herself for her music, and is reduced to a mere witness of her own personal drama.
>>
>>73441009
lol

that's a ridiculous stretch
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.