[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Verdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: fleet-foxes-crack-up.jpg (148KB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
fleet-foxes-crack-up.jpg
148KB, 545x545px
I'm saying AOTYSF. Is the rest of /mu/ waiting on melon's review to formulate an opinion?
>>
>>73437348
I listened to it and didn't think it was that great, was rather sleep deprived at the time, might be worth a relisten.
>>
It's pretty good. It's not groundbreaking to that different from what they were actually doing though. Still, solid record and I'm happy this came out for the summer.
>>
it's cool. way better than their previous releases, but not even in my top five singer/songwriter / folk releases of the year so far.
>>
Crack-Up is an album that begs for deep deconstruction without ever being encouraging enough to its listener to warrant it.
>>
Protip: the album makes a lot more sense when you listen to it with the lyric book. It's set up like a script, describing scenes and transitions in the lyrics.
>>
The production is worse than the previous albums. Loudness war much?
>>
>>73437921
*around the lyrics
>>
I'm really disappointed tbqh. I hope they don't go this route for the next album.

>>73437921
for anyone who wants the booklet: https://mega.nz/#!h7RQCKLS!9qCbtKOHe6AC3osESJO8BOIpjJ6YpXz5eFraeD13C9E
>>
bad
>>
mumford and sons for hipsters
>>
>>73439369
mumford in sons but not total shit
>>
(repost) this album is NEATO

i want to see them become more and more experimental, more progressive. the next radiohead, etc. they have the talent
>>
>>73439404
its the exact same thing
>>
File: dexter.png (45KB, 369x408px) Image search: [Google]
dexter.png
45KB, 369x408px
All the threads before Crack-Up officially came out were constantly praising it, you'd see like 1 or 2 posts shitting on it between 50 praising it. Why did /mu/ 180 on it?
>>
>>73437348
never listened to fleet foxes
should i start with that one or a different one
>>
>>73439549
>All the threads before Crack-Up officially came out were constantly praising it
except that's not true
>>
I don't get what people want from this album.

It was incredibly well thought out and a ton of hard work was put into crafting it and it shows. The melodies and changes are fantastic and the lyrics have more depth than anything they've made before. Phenomenal album, just let yourselves enjoy something.
>>
>>73437595
this sums up my feelings on it too
>>
>>73439575
I mean I would start with their debut and chronologically go through their discography. Each album is sort of based around different themes and they get more intricate as you work your way up to Crack-Up.
>>
>>73437348
very much AOTYSF
>>
>>73439895
>I like something so anyone who has a different opinion is just not letting themselves enjoy it
could you have made a more egregious post?
>>
Didn't like it. feels like im forcing myself to finish each relisten
>>
>>73439575
start with the EP
>>
>>73437934
I think it's just really dense so sometimes it's hard to unravel. I would hesitate to call it a victim of the loudness war
>>
>>73441122
It's too dense that I can't really make out what's going on a lot of the time.
>>
>>73437595
I'm on my third listen and still feel this way.
>>
never heard a fleet foxes album before but really like this one after the first listen. feels like it's gonna grow on me a lot
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.