[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: vaporwave allignment chart.png (370KB, 766x884px) Image search: [Google]
vaporwave allignment chart.png
370KB, 766x884px
Is this accurate?
>>
>>73436290
No
Blank Banshee and vaportrap in general are aesthetically impure; they're an awkward mishmash of the ethereal retrofuturistic tone of vaporwave, and the brittle, crisp and grounded tone of modern hip-hop
>>
>>73436352
What do you think should replace it?
>>
>>73436290
What the fuck
Why is 21 Pilots there?
>>
>>73436457
dunno, but this chart is fucked either way because one of the squares is a self-contradiction (vaporwave is just an aesthetic but has no set aesthetic, therefore everything is vaporwave)
>>
>>73436538
see
>>73436582
>>
>>73436582
Yeah that's why I put twenty one pilots there

its a punchline
>>
>>73436607
replace blurryface with tyranny and it'll be better
>>
>>73436607
consider another method then

also, the first two vertical lines should be merged, because the "classic style" IS centered around decades past. Vaporwave is traditionally focused on the sound and aesthetics of the 80s and 90s
>>
>>73436290
Is Floral Shoppe good? I cannot tell because whenever I talk to other people about it they just meme.
>>
>>73436652
I don't find it good

it's kind of gaudy and clumsily arranged
>>
>>73436643
The classic style is pastel colors and japanese characters. AKA everything popularized by the cover art of floral shoppe
>>
>>73436652
i like it. the first 3 and last 2 tracks especially.
>>
>>73436687
that's the wrong way to look at it. The visual aesthetics of vaporwave aren't simply a combination of heterogenous gimmicks, and Floral Shoppe isn't more visually "pure" than Dream Sequins, for example.

Floral Shoppe's cover art is meant to look like a crude early digital rendition of new wave aesthetics, because that's fundamentally what vaporwave is about. The fact that it uses japanese characters and pastel colors doesn't make it "more pure" than an album that uses darker tones and roman letters to convey the same thing.
>>
2 8 1 4 isn't really focused on decades past, it's much more futuristic, honestly
>>
>>73436862
You sound like an aesthetic moderate
>>
>>73437142
I'm not. I'm very strict about that approach of vaporwave's aesthetics and I consider that stuff like far side virtual doesn't fit it
>>
>>73436290
2 8 1 4 is not vaporwave, it never was. Its fucking fucking ambient music.
>>
>>73437301
You sound like a method purist/moderate
>>
>>73437405
You sound like a faggot that just got into the scene..
>>
>making an infographic just to viral you're shitty bandcamp album

Fuck off eric
>>
>>73437301
i agree, but it belongs on the chart
>>
>>73436652
took me ages to get into it but its great
>>
>>73436582
>therefore everything is vaporwave

You've become enlightened.
>>
>>73436652
I enjoy it, even if it isn't as complex as other albums. 数学 Is my personal favorite track.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.