[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you grow out of punk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: ian.jpg (101KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
ian.jpg
101KB, 600x705px
Do you grow out of punk?
>>
I'm sorry. For something that I didn't do.
>>
>tfw nearly thirty and getting back into Bad Religion and Nomeansno

I feel so fucking old
>>
File: 1981PoplarHawkIK.jpg (90KB, 760x576px) Image search: [Google]
1981PoplarHawkIK.jpg
90KB, 760x576px
The normie pleb punk, yes.

Hardcore punk and the like, not yet.
I'm 28
>>
>>73434353
>growing out of Nomeansno
Wew lad
>>
>>73434357
Implying hardcore punk isn't the normie pleb kind

>oh look it's the same break down
>again and again and again
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pKkOOQR7_o
>>
If anything I'm about to grow into it.
>>
>>73434329
You don't grow out of punk. Punk grows out of you
>>
>>73434381
Not all hardcore is breakdowns over and over, friend.
>>
>>73434329
who would grow out of punk, anyway? it's just a minor threat...
>>
Your tastes develop and mature with any art for you put brain power into. When I was 11 I liked pop punk bands like blink-182, Green Day, and Sum 41. By the time I was 16, that had developed into a fascination with the bohemian 70s punk bands like Richard Hell & The Voidoids, The Stooges, Patti Smith, DNA, X-Ray Spex, Suicide, and so on. By college that had led to the more stripped down DIY punk bands like Fugazi and Hüsker Dü, which led to emo/post-hardcore bands like i hate myself, Knapsack, Quicksand, and Jawbreaker, and that led to a fascination with the whole anarcho thing of The Ex, Flux of Pink Indians, Amebix, Rudimentary Peni, and so on. Punk was my avenue to learning about everything from song structure to texture to how to be effectively emotive, which laid the framework for understanding everything from bebop to death metal. So yes and no. There are lots of super basic punk bands, but there are others that are ambitious and creative, it's a hugely diverse genre.
>>
all the best music is touched by punk
>>
File: Remo Drive - Greatest Hits.png (108KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Remo Drive - Greatest Hits.png
108KB, 300x300px
>tfw 23 and growing more and more into pop punk
If this isn't involution I don't know what it is

Pic related: my AOTY
>>
I was growing out of it a bit (not as in too mature, just bored with it) but then went to an actual show. band was kind of shit but the energy was really nice. wish i could hang out with punks more or even have a band but I have 0 constant friends
>>
>>73435580
Keep going to shows. You'll keep seeing the same people, and chances are you'll make some acquaintances
>>
>>73434329
I met these two old punks (like late 50's early 60's) at a show once, they were really sweet, and they got me into The Aquabats.
>>
> tfw can't relate to grad school peers because they're bland normies who don't care about music or literature

> tfw local punks aren't useful contacts because they're ambitionless, depressed alcoholics
>>
>>73435614
I think I will. im kind of embarrassed though. I'm not a friendless guy but my main friends dont do anything I like.
>>
>>73435694
Nobody will care. Socially popular people listen to social music like EDM, country, and pop rap. Every punk (and exteme metal, bebop, blues, etc.) fan has experienced alienation and loneliness.
>>
>>73435773
you're right. thanks
>>
>>73435773
depends on how you define fan, there are tons of people who are metalheads on the low
>>
>>73435773
like this if ur part of the 1& that stil listens to real music
>>
>>73434329
yes but i still love the misfits and some dead kennedys
>>
>>73436340
You have really bad taste in music, if Dead Kennedys are the punk bans you'd keep.
>>
>>73435935
That's not what he said, come on now.
Less popular music styles are going to attract less popular people.
>>
>>73436377
you clearly haven't heard frankenchrist, silly
>>
>>73436550
I actually have. It's decent. It isn't nearly as good as tons and tons of stuff.
>>
>>73436589
such as...
>>
>>73434329
Yes punk is basically rap but shitter because it doesn't even try to sound good.
>muh meaningful lyrics
Kill yourself.
>>
>>73434329
only if you're a cunt
>>
>>73436612
The Replacements - Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash
Amebix - Monolith
Bad Brains - s/t
The Gun Club - Fire of Love
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.