[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the meme that he was a shit drummer originate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2438.jpg (218KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2438.jpg
218KB, 1200x1200px
Where did the meme that he was a shit drummer originate?
>>
>>73432872
when people first listened to the beatles
>>
>>73432872
>he's not even the best drummer in The Beatles
True
>>
>>73432872
From John and Paul just poking fun at him and people taking it seriously
>>
>>73432872
when he wasn't good enough to play on love me do
>>
Rain, Tomorrow Never Knows, A Day in the Life, Here Comes the Sun all have mesmerising drumming.
>>
>>73432899
pretty much this
>>
>>73432872
when people were really impressed with his drumming on dear prudence but quickly learned it was actually paul playing
>>
did you know he beat his drums
>>
>>73433011
Truly /ourguy/
>>
>>73432872
Dumb people just don't understand his genius because
>hur durr his singingz baddd
>>
His drumming on Abbey Road is top tier
>>
>>73432872
By all the contrarian shit posting plebs on /mu/
>>
He's actually the single most tasteful drummer to ever exist in pop music. He was also incredibly skilled, wish is why the drums in Beatles songs always sound so amazing- he knew when to hold back, and when not to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jncto_lSYQg

Some highlights in there include:
>The fills in She Said, She Said.
>The double bass drumming in Good Morning, Good Morning.
>The very dynamic triplet fill in Oh! Darling.
>The ghost notes in Long Tall Sally
>The ride cymbal bell in the bossa nova rhythm of I Feel Fine.
>>
>>73432972
Pretty sure Ringo overdubbed the really nice fills that come in halfway.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.