[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Struggle Rappers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Who would you consider cringy struggle rappers?
>>
all of them
>>
>>73428292

>all of them
>>
>>73428279
Childish Gambino
Jermaine Cole
Vic Mensa
Kodak Black
Drake
Big Sean
Danny Brown pre-XXX
most rappers to ever ride on the late 1990s second wave jazz rap trend
>>
>>73428373

In what way is Danny Brown a struggle rapper?
>>
>>73428414
early Danny Brown is one of the worst rappers on wax. the literal definition of cringe-y punchline rap

Detroit State of Mind 4 is pretty good though. And like I said since XXX he's been great. Hot Soup and The Hybrid are fucking awful though

You would probably never admit this because you likely got into him through Atrocity Exhibition but he has been heavily carried by production throughout his entire career
>>
There is this rapper I always see retweeted on Twitter that raps about incredibly vague and basic situations that make someone sad. He basically makes the same song over and over again.
>>
>>73428901
What's his name?
>>
>>73429024
Ottomatic, let me know what you think
>>
>>73429024

Here actually, apparently it's hard to find him

https://twitter.com/OttoMatticBaby
>>
>>73429034

Yeah, this is the shit like the guy in the image post. Thing with OttomMattic is nobody will know his name worldwide. You just got one sad man with 0 hits. He pulls up to do a show, it might do best at a funeral but not a venue. There's nothing an audience can do. Otto really puts the music marketing theory to the tests and sometimes, in his instance, I think fake it til you make it ain't a bad rope to climb as a Hip-Hop artist. Get a man spitting party hype bars for a long time and then bring a tsunami of emotions after; that'll stir up fans right and keep them seeded for more. Mike Posner did all that college party shit and came back a hippie. Old fans, new fans, he got a good thing going. Struggle bars are best kept in those coil notebooks in the closet. A decent beat with lazy bars might get the ball rolling. These guys got the studios, I'm sure. I don't understand what they're trying to achieve by crying to a microphone. They put it online so I assume they want some sort of attention, but for what? Social praise for like fifteen fucking seconds. "So heartfelt." "True rapper" It's a fucking sob fest.

Man, got me fucked up.
>>
>>73428466
the hybrid is good lyrically though
or maybe i'm only remembering the first track
>>
>>73429217

I'm a rapper myself and sometimes think of doing exactly that. Making some bullshit ass hype bars songs to help me climb, and actually I did a "Look at Me" remix for that reason. I just find this Ottomatic guy so fucking corny man. His twitter makes me want to vomit.
>>
>>73429217
I'm okay with it if it's real to the person, now if people are just crying for shock value fuck that, but I think hip hop is supposed to be you know you, I mean you can make a club song with sad overtones.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.