[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Ween's god-tier album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 61OwGj1G-SL.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61OwGj1G-SL.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
Best songs are:

Alcan Road, The Argus, Tried & True, Transdermal Celeberation and Among His tribe, literally all god-tier above The Mollusk, C&C or The Pod
>>
yes agree
also Captain is fantastic and their most underrated track by far
>>
>>73427433

Up there too.

My favorite cover too and more serious sound. Love it. Mollusk is good but a little "weird/trippy" and C&C is good but not as good. The Pod is up there but not as cohesive. Same with GWS.
>>
Just listened to this for the first time Thought it was fantastic, especially the closer. Where should I go next in their discography?
>>
>>73427844

The Mollusk, then White Pepper, then for a bit weirder but still great Chocolate and Cheese, then Pure Guava for even weirder and The Pod & God Ween Satan for their craziest shit.
>>
>>73427981
Thanks
>>
If your answer for best Ween album isn't The Pod or Pure Guava, you're just wrong.
>>
>>73428970
this.
C&C, The Mollusk, and Quebec all sacrifice originality for easy accessibility.
>>
>not The Pod
>>
>>73429079
Those albums are all fantastic too. Ween doesn't have a bad album. Every single one is great. But none match the atmosphere or originality of The Pod and Pure Guava.
>>
>>73427546
>The Pod
>incohesive
Mang what are you talking about.
>>
>>73427546
the pod is a concept album
>>
On my first full listen just passed "I Don't Want It."

Thanks guys.
>>
Why isn't it on Spotify?
>>
>Listens to Abby Road once
>>
>>73429630
Is this album really all that similar to Abbey Road?
>>
Def the best album to start with Ween. But all real fans know The Pod is their masterpiece.
>>
>>73429079

If you think Chocolate & Cheese or quebec is accessible you're retarded.

The Pod is overrated af on here.

>>73429177

Half the songs are good, some are pure filler sludge.

>>73429427

So are their others besides La Cucaracha.

>>73429630

imbecile

>>73430513

This Pod meme on here is so dumb. before /mu/ nobody ever said it was their masterpiece.

It's commonly known as The Mollusk or Quebec if you have better taste.

Maybe Chocolate & Cheese or God Ween Satan at best.

Pure Guava & The Pod are too all over the place and too Le Experimental avant garde for most.
>>
>>73430907
listened to ween way before hearing anyones opinion on it. Laura and can you taste the waste should set the mood for the album, and after that you can just let it do its work
one of the few albums i can call 10/10 no filler
>>
I will do a short review of each Ween album and rank from best to worst. Not gonna make it too long cause I'm tired and a little high. Been a fan for years, here's my opinions.

1. Quebec - Yes, I put Quebec first. I debated for years whether The Mollusk or Chocolate & Cheese were better but ultimately I find the highs to be much higher on Quebec than either other album. The Pod is up there too but in a different way. Quebec has a nice serious, dark, somewhat depressing sound but still some classic Ween wit & goofiness to it. The songs Among His Tribe, Zoloft, The Argus, Tried & True, Transdermal Celebration and Alcan Road especially are amazing and 10/10. This album is like a 9.5 overall. Nearly perfect, I actually enjoy The Fucked Jam but I do find it can throw the mood of the album a bit off.

2. The Mollusk, Some will disagree but I think this deserves the second spot. it's certainly a close call but I love the nautical concept, overall trippy sea sound along with many many classic songs and some of their best work. Not as mature as Quebec but still very fun and easy to listen to but with some classic odd Ween- browness to it. Highlights - Mutilated Lips, The Mollusk, Polka Dot Tail, Buckingham Green, The Mollusk, I'll Be Your Johnny On The Spot, The Golden Eel, Cold Blows The Wind, Ocean Man, She Wanted to Leave Overall, amazing. The album cover is also fucking great & possibly better than Quebec. Debatable. 9/10

3. Chocolate & Cheese - This album is great because it has that professional, crazy good psychedelic sound like the previous two but also has a lot of experimental odd moments like spinal meningitis, can't put my finger on it, and Voodoo Lady. It's a classic. Great fun sound, lots of variety. Highlights: Take Me Away, Spinal Meningitis, Freedom of 76, Roses Are Free, Baby Bitch, Mister Would You Please Help my Pony, Drifter In The Dark, Joppa Road, What Deaner Was Talkin About, Don't Shit Where You Eat 8/10

1/2
>>
>>73431175

4. GodWeenSatan (Fingers are getting tired from typing, gonna finish this up a bit quick) - Great fun album, goofy and wild at times and chill and somber sometimes too. Very extreme, very ween. Love it. A few tracks I'm not big on towards the middle. (The loud parts, that would scare someone during an acid trip) but mostly it's amazing. Highlights: I'm In The Mood To Move, I Gots A Weasel, Don't Laugh (I Love You), Up On The Hill, El Camino, LMLYP, Papa Zit, Birthday Boy, Squelch The Weasel, Marble Tulip Juicy Tree, Puffy Cloud Overall a 7.8/10

5. White Pepper - Some will be mad this is above The Pod, but man it's such a solid ass album. Not a bad track. I see some say it's "too beatles/safe" for Ween but that's why I love it. They nailed it. and with some tracks like Bananas and Blow and Back to Basom it's a real classic. Maybe some would say it's worse than The Pod but I disagree overall. Flawless. Stay Forever...what a track. Great demos too. 7/10

6. The Pod - Overall, it's a bit odd at times and dark...definitely their weirdest. On ketamine I might love it. I do love Captain Fantasy and Pork Roll Egg and Cheese a lot. Frank is good. Dr Rock too. Some are bit eh... Funny for sure. Very different. 6/10

7. 12 Golden Country Greats, it's actually a very good album and some might have it above a few others or in the their top 5, which is fair. I'm not into country personally so I rarely listen to it. But it has some classic funny ween songs like Piss Up A Rope and Help Me Scrape The Mucus off My Brain is so chill. 5/10 for me but it's probably more like a 7.

8. La Cucaracha - The least interesting or replayable album. I love Blue Balloon..the intro is fun...uh Friends is great too. That's about it. Kind of a dud. Worst cover too. Kind of a lazy finishing album but not the worst thing ever. 4.6/10
>>
>>73430907
>If you think Chocolate & Cheese or quebec is accessible you're retarded.
Compared to The Pod and Pure Guava they are incredibly accessible.
>The Pod is overrated af on here.
If you think C&C and Quebec aren't easily accessible but are quick to bash The Pod then you clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about
>>
Quebec really is an amazing record but I still slightly prefer The Mollusk.
>>
File: weener.png (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
weener.png
386KB, 1920x1080px
Pure Guava is my fav
I even made my own background for it
>>
>>73431963
Looks great
>>
>>73431983
thanks! I also tried making a music video for 'I play it off legit' but couldn't get round to finishing it
>>
>>73431963
I like it, might use as alt artwork
>>
>>73431235
>>73431175
>Pure Guava not even listed

Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>73432064

I forgot it fuck, but its above White Pepper
>>73431963

Top 5 fo sho
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.