[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this supposef to be kinda creepy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

Is this supposef to be kinda creepy?
>>
>>73418977
the cover or the music?
>>
>>73418996
Music. I get a weird goofy/creepy vibe out of it, especially by the end. It's almost like it's partly a satire or something.
>>
File: famous_pedophile.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
famous_pedophile.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
THE
>>
It's just worse than White Album and Revolver
>>
being on LSD is a creepy experience, anon
>>
>>73419106
Pls fuck off. I'm just getting into The Beatles no need to shit my thread with terrible critics.
>>
It was either intentional, or they were too high to notice. But yes it's definitely there. That vibe is even stronger on the next few albums, especially The White Album. Even without Revolution 9, that album is fucked up.
>>
>>73419119
It depends and I didn't meant it asin LSD-creepy. Or maybe you're right what do I know.
>>
>>73419067
Yes, I don't know if thats what they intended but it absolutely creeps me out in some weird ways I can't put my finger on. I am with you OP
>>
MAN
>>
>>73419067
I can kinda see the creepyness in the last 3 tracks. Good Morning Good Morning is too joyful to be sung with the monotonous vocals that John uses there, and the guitar solo is kinda dirtier than the rest of the record, the reprise is perhaps too cheery and A Day In The Life is just plain haunting. That song got me a bit scared when I was a kid and thought the Beatles only had happy songs.
>>
>>73419123
>I'm just getting into The Beatles
how's high school
>>
File: IMG_4453.png (354KB, 1017x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4453.png
354KB, 1017x765px
>>73419106
It's funny how in certain parts of the review he straight up admits how good the Beatles were later in their career

It's pretty obvious he's doing it for the controversy points
>>
>>73419155
I love the album though, it is one of my most listened to Beatles. For the Benefit of Mr. Kite, the crescendos in A Day in the Life, idk something about the overall vibe of the album is just kind of creepy.. I totally get that as well
>>
>>73418977
Also Magical mYstery Tour does just the same thing to me, maybe LSD -post India- Beatles just tapped into some carnal vibe that resonates the creepy bone
>>
File: IMG_4188.jpg (117KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4188.jpg
117KB, 500x500px
>>73419067
Listen to this
>>
>>73418977
i'm going to assume so considering how creepy a lot of MMT is
>>
John was fucking creepy on that album. Lucy In The Sky is a bit weird but all his other songs there are strange af. Even Strawberry Fields Forever is kinda creepy.
>>
>>73419204
I despise Zappa, Not OP, just putting my opinion out there
>>
>>73419201
The end of Penny Lane was like a fucking jumpscare when I listened to it recently
>>
Have you guys watched the BBC documentary about this album? It talks a lot about the way the songs were made and the types of notes and feeling they used.
>>
>>73419067
>it's partly a satire

Do you even know the meaning of that word or did you just pull that out of your ass to look smart
>>
>>73418977
Huh?
>>
>>73419171
I'm 28 man. Tried several times actually but always started from their earlies material.
>>
It's very creepy in a carnivalesque way.
>>
>>73419184
Of course it's really really good. I just stated that there's this stereotype of Beatles being joyful band but for me Sgt. Pepper contradicts or subverts that.
>>
>>73419170
Good Morning Good Morning sounds too joyful at times but also it's probably the dirtiest track on the album. Also the whole thing of aimlessness with the lyrics and the vocals is kind of... odd.

Honestly the entire album is like that, Lovely Rita has a very odd sound especially during its crescendo, even more so given it's a love song. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite is fairly haunting given it's circus music and that's generally creepy...

The entire album is just so trippy yet also kinda grounded in reality so it feels very odd and off-putting.
>>
>>73419280
I know the meaning of that word and considering the fact that one of the songs was inspired by the fucking cereal commercial it might've been a satire.

In A Day in the Life the lyrics seem like their really detached from the everyday reality, in a psychiactric sense.
>>
>>73419119
It really is.
I love it.
>>
>>73418977
>Is this supposef to be kinda creepy?
lmao what?
>>
Is there any creepy stories about this album? Would love to hear them
>>
>>73419479
Which song? Also, I'm totally on board with The ADITL thing though
>>
>>73420897
I'd fucking love that
>>
>>73420930
Good Morning Good Morning
>>
>>73421026
Oh, cool
>>
Fixing a hole has a weird reverby, spacey thing going on, day in the life sounds really unnerving with how faux the "happy bits" seem to be, she's leaving home has a really unnatural feel to it, all the parts sound edited together, strangely the three most normal sounding songs are the ones that try to be weird, LITSWD, BFTBOMK, and WYWY. Everything else sounds sarcastic or way too happy
>>
>>73421137
Don't forget the lyrics by John in Getting Better, makes it kinda surreal
>>
>>73421137
The ones that feel more normal to me are LSD, Lovely Rita and When I'm 64. She's Leaving Home just sounds like a Beach Boys knockoff too unless it's the speeded up version.
>>
It's meant to have a childhood kinda vibe
>>
>>73421187
>John sarcastically chiming in on Paul's ''It's Getting Better'' refrain with ''It can't get much worse''

Johns sarcastic dry wit kills me

I wonder if he and Paul really argued as much as people make out
>>
File: TP222Doppelganger[1].jpg (103KB, 1029x761px) Image search: [Google]
TP222Doppelganger[1].jpg
103KB, 1029x761px
>Well I just had to laugh
>I saw the photograph.
>He blew his mind out in a car

Nah, you're projecting. It's just innocent fun.
>>
>>73419222
Can't stand that fucker, very overrated.

Inb4 he a pioneer, u don't unnerstan
>>
>>73419204
zappa is for girls and fags
>>
Well
>>
>>73419459
Lovely Rita's freak out ending simulates an orgasm, is a theory I heard.
>>
>>73421429
Yeah I doubt that. From what you can tell in the documentaries and shit the biggest rift in the band toward the end was between Paul and George. John was by all accounts busy with Yoko and drugs (even heroin during this time) while Ringo, well, mostly tagged along.

George's distrust and despise for Paul really took off during MMT. The Beatles were a great gig for Paul whereas George felt the band was a curse.

I think ATMP was better than anything the other Beatles did in their solo careers but it's crazy to think that so much of the album could've been on Beatles records if McCartney had given George more songs per album.
>>
>>73424408
Paul and Ringo were on the outs too during The White Album sessions, the drums on Dear Pruduce (?) were recorded by Paul after Ringo walked out for a couple days.
>>
>>73424408
Part of me sympathizes for Paul, after John lost interest and Brian Epstein died, the band became rudderless and neither George nor Ringo were going to step up to steer the ship. But on the other hand, it does seem like he was controlling as hell and tough to work with.
>>
>>73424465
They would tell you so in interviews to seem cool with the breakup but all the other band members were worried that Ringo wouldn't make it after they split and Abbey Road only happened because of Paul, who evidently still had the drive to produce another album as a group after the disaster that was Let it Be (at least from Paul's perspective).
>>
>>73424481
Paul could've easily replaced John with George. I think the money and fame was what hindered it as Paul sure as hell was bent on milking the Beatles name to the last penny.

I'm sure George was too bitter to accept such a proposal at the time though.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.