[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Triggering Comments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: burning oxygen man icon.png (28KB, 548x591px) Image search: [Google]
burning oxygen man icon.png
28KB, 548x591px
So my friend hates Radiohead. He's gone as far to say that it's the worst music he's ever heard in his life. But today he unironically said that "I hear a Death Cab For Cutie song today and it sounded like a better version of Radiohead." and that triggered me good. He wasn't just saying it to get me going either. So, general thread about things people have said about music you like that gets you fuming.
>>
one day in school i was listening to crystal castles, and this chick comes up and asks if im listening to sandstorm. like wtf
>>
I showed a friend Radiohead and he had the GALL to call Thom a "whiny singer".
>>
Someone I knew used to say that all hip-hop made her want to vomit. She was one of those "everything but rap and country" fuckbois.
>>
was playing raw power in my room chilling with my friend, and he said something along the lines of 'man this guy can't play guitar, this fucking sucks'. the song playing at the moment was search and destroy. pissed me off real good

>>73418935
this is true t b h
>>
>>73418876
How the hell do you confuse Crystal Castles with Sandstorm??
>>
I have a friend that considers music with no vocals to not count as "real music" or a "real song"
????
>>
"Why listen to Godspeed or any other sort of post-rock when Explosions in the Sky just do it better?"

Nonironic text from a coworker.
>>
>>73419001
idk it was baptism, and that's probably the closest song they have to it?
>>
File: Mummy and Daddy.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mummy and Daddy.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
You don't know how many times I've had arguments about why I listen to Whitehouse, and why I consider it music.

>"It's just static anon."
>"I'll just turn the tv on."
>"Let me go bang on a trash can"
>>
>>73419055
I've had this happen but with God Is an Astronaut instead.
>>
> Me, listening to Genocide Organ.
>Friend at home
> Asked if my record had a problem.
>Had to explain for about an hour that industrial music, power electronics and such were enjoyable for some people.
>Friend said that it was weird.
>Put a Brighter Death Now record.
>Bye friend.
>>
>>73419086
>Let me go bang on a trash can
A friends mom said this while we were watching Lightning Bolt videos. I was mad
>>
>>73419086
I feel you bro
>>
>>73419086
Do you embrace listening to Whitehouse or did they find out themselves
>>
>>73418851
I showed a friend Tom Waits and he said it sounded like worse Nickelback
>>
>>73418851
I showed a friend Tom Waits and he said it sounded like worse Nickelback.
>>
>>73418851
>>
>>73418851
>>
>>
>>73419250
I embrace it. But don't force them to listen to it. They know though.
>>
>>73418851
My friend showed me Tom Waits and I told him it sounded like worse Nickelback.
>>
>>73418851
I showed a friend Nickelback and he said it sounded like a better Tom Waits.
>>
File: IMG_5322.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5322.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>Calling black or death metal screamo
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>73419363
>>73419375
>>73419396
>>73419634
>>73419660
>>73419813
>>73419872
please
>>
I refuse to ever listen to Radiohead, no matter how many people tell me to
>>
>>73419942
Are you afraid you might like it and join the warped conglomerate that is us Radiohead fans?
>>
>>73419086
Ah when discussing noise I find it's really easiest to just make comparisons to like Jackson Pollock or other abstract art of any form they might know of. It helps illustrate that intention is critical so it stops them from being like "oh I could do this" because right off the bat they're shown that they can't
>>
Country bumbkin who likes competition racing rc's and listening to nickelback hears me listening to government plates.
>what the hell are you listening to?
>experimental hip hop
>sounds like a failed experiment
It would have been funny if I didnt hate the fat cunt so much
>>
>>73418851
I showed my close friend Radiohead, played him their most well known stuff and he said "This is a shit band, sounds just like Coldplay"
>>
>>73419000
he was right desu
>>
>>73418959
Ask her what her favourite harsh noise album is
>>
>>73419984
"but anon, that's just random paint splatters! My baby could make that!"
>>
File: 1494673062139.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494673062139.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>73419363
>>73419375
>>73419396
>>73419634
>>73419660
>>73419813
>>73419872
>>
>>73419992
You showed him Fake Plastic Trees, Karma Police, and How To Disappear Completely, didn't you? Because those songs actually do sound like Coldplay.
>>
>>73420117
Nope. Let Down, Creep, Jigsaw Falling into Place, Nude.
>>
>>73420248
Huh, I suppose the In Rainbows songs sound Coldplay-ish, but the other two are far from it. I showed a friend Radiohead recently and the only songs he really liked were Bloom and Glass Eyes. He says he hates anything with a guitar in it, and it turns out vocals can be a turn-off for him as well if he can't relate to the lyrics (so Kid A & Amnesiac weren't for him either). In hindsight I probably should've shown him a different band.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.