[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opeth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: opeth-6-smr.jpg (751KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
opeth-6-smr.jpg
751KB, 2048x1536px
What does /mu/ think of Opeth? Surprising that they are almost never mentioned here despite their popularity and acclaim.
>>
/mu/ doesn't like Progressive Rock and they're too pleb to be talked about in the meal general.
>>
Lost it after Ghost of Perdition.
Their best was My Arms, Your Hearse
>>
>>73412504
kys
>>
Used to be alright if a little too clean. Their 70s prog-buttrock style nowadays is despicable.
>>
>>73412504
nu-male proge
>>
Early work was p damn good. New stuff is backpacker-prog that isn't really worth it. Damnation wasn't bad though.
>>
>>73412504
Great band, for the most part. Damnation and Black Water Park are my favourite albums of theirs.
>>
They went for absolutely mediocre prog-death and okay ballads to becoming 70's buttprog copycats. For some reason teenage metalheads love them.
>>
They're alright I suppose. Can't think of any actually bad albums from them but they've certainly gotten more inconsistent post-Ghost Reveries. Checking in on them now almost feels like something one does out of habit rather than any sincere passion for their craft.
>>
>>73412504
Most of their fans simply can't fathom the idea of the band not wanting to play "metal" any longer. No growls, no fans apparently. Listen to their albums regardless of ratings and scores and decide for yourself if you like their new direction or not.
>>
>>73412897

I do think this current prog era of theirs is at least getting ever so slightly better with each album. None of them are great but Sorceress is better than Pale Communion which is better than Heritage.
>>
>>73412504
>>73412897
Used to be my favourite band when I was a teenager.
It's fine that Akerfeldt has gone full buttprog if he wants to, but he should have put Opeth to rest and done so with a new project.

Candlelight records era is the only stuff that holds up for me nowadays
>>
I really really really like Heritage
Sue me
>>
>>73412897
Ackerman was ruining his vocal chords screaming because he wasn't doing it right and couldn't be bothered to learn. Honestly he could uave shifted away from that and kept the heaviness in the music and I wouldn't have a problem with that. He didn't need to take the teeth out of the whole group, they could uave worked around it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.