[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bitterly hated this album upon first hearing it at 23 >love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: aja1.jpg (131KB, 1408x1401px) Image search: [Google]
aja1.jpg
131KB, 1408x1401px
>bitterly hated this album upon first hearing it at 23
>love it at 30

whappen?
>>
>>73410059
Steely Dan was made for lame old fucks. Great album though. Have you heard The Darcys' shoegaze cover album of it?
>>
>>73410253
blowing my mind as we speak
>>
File: 1496945260411.jpg (34KB, 407x408px) Image search: [Google]
1496945260411.jpg
34KB, 407x408px
>>73410059
>hating on Peg
>ever
>>
>>73410059
you were probably a ridiculously unlikable person at 23
>>
same for me with this album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U
>>
>>73410059
You took the dadpill
>>
The closer you get to middle age the more you enjoy soft rock with faux jazz elements
>>
I hated The Grateful Dead when I was a teenager but got into them when I turned 23.

Whappen?

How much Steely Dan did you listen to prior to Aja?
>>
>>73412462
/thread
>>
>>73410253
Thanks for mentioning this, I've never heard it. It's nice to hear someone (especially a shoegaze group) covering a dan album in full
>>
>>73412462
>faux jazz elements
Come on mate, give them some credit have you ever tried to play some of those changes? (Especially on Royal Scam /Aja/Gaucho)
>>
>>73410253
I wonder what Fagen and Becker think of this cover
>>
>>73412462
>faux jazz elements
>faux
Come the fuck on
>>
>>73410279
Same. Deacon Blues is probably my favorite so far. I love that little guitar riff that plays in the right ear over and over again
>>
>>73413309
That's exactly his complaint. Extremely talented musicians settled for inoffensive, mild pop rock and jazz pop.
>>
>>73413573
I see your point. I can't help but wonder what they would have made without having to succumb to the pressure of the record label and stuff like that. Still, I wouldn't be able to imagine life without records like Countdown to Ecstacy and Katy Lied. If you've ever heard any of Fagen/Becker's stuff from their college days it sounds a lot like their sound anyway. I guess I'm saying that the music they made was pretty much what they wanted to make.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.