[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on born to run, what's so great about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: cover_precrop.jpg (362KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
cover_precrop.jpg
362KB, 1200x800px
redpill me on born to run, what's so great about it?
>>
Albums like this are pretty simple. If you don't get it, you're not playing it loud enough.
>>
>>73408146
sounds like an average american rock album to me, am I missing something?
>>
>>73408209
listen to the title track again. you'll feel it eventually.
>>
Jungleland embodies American culture. Also classic cropping out the black man who made the album so special.
>>
The drum fill during the sax solo is spectacular
>>
Thunder Road is.....perfect.

"you ain't a beauty but hey you're alright..."
>>
>>73408120
1. The lyrics are spectacular. Bruce uses great visual descriptions, and, unlike Bob Dylan, he doesn't romance or sentimentalize being poor or depressed. Compare the lyrics from "Born to Run" or "Thunder Road" to "Tangled Up In Blue."

2. Musically, he is very good at incorporating a lot of different elements. For example, "Born To Run" has proto-new wave elements like the staccato guitar line, and he combines them with this large Phil Spector-type production, like the use of the Sax and Xylophone in the chorus.
>>
Fuck new jersey
>>
>>73408617
this. but the album is still great
>>
>>73408617
spoken like the boss himself
>>
>>73408617
I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, every other place is like easy mode: it's boring.
>>
>>73408785
i >>73408644 live here too. shit state, but not the worst. it makes going to pennsylvania with my friends feel like i'm entering a gated community. most places seem even better by comparison.
>>
>>73408120
It's an album about being jaded with your environment and dreaming of racing off into the sunset for greener pastures. It just resonates with anybody who ever wanted to just get out and feel alive.
>>
>>73408120
Glenn Branca - The Ascension
>>
>>73408617
>>73408644
>>73408767
>>73408785
>>73408840
South Jersey is okay. It's really not that different from PA, Maryland or Delaware. Really the "lol new jersey xD" thing is a meme.
>>
>>73408120
Born in the USA is unironically better than this and Nebraska is better than Born in the USA. But I think Born in the USA is a better starter album
>>
>>73411145
negro born in the usa isn't even better than darkness on the edge of town, let alone born to run
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.