[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: R-373250-1369686173-7047.jpeg.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-373250-1369686173-7047.jpeg.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
I'll start Pic related is the best smiths album
>>
File: morrissey-riot-fest.png (783KB, 1000x829px) Image search: [Google]
morrissey-riot-fest.png
783KB, 1000x829px
>>73406583
I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. If you said Meat is Murder was their best, then there might be some dissent.
>>
The most important part in hip hop is the production, the rapper themselves aren't very important since they're almost all the same. I love all this new wave of "mumble rap" because it has some of the most interesting production hip hop has had.

>>73406624
Weird, I consider Meat is Murder their best album. Only bad song is the self-titled, and even then it's not too bad.
>>
>>73406583
>TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME TYPICAL ME

No but in all honesty I agree- there are zero bad songs on it, and it feels much more like a cohesive whole than their other 3 albums, though I suppose the closing track is a bit underwhelming. I can't see why people dislike Unhappy Birthday and Paint a Vulgar Picture for the life of me.
>>
Morrisey is gay and not a good songwriter at all, he has a decent voice though
>>
File: SIP-the-smiths-01.jpg (285KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
SIP-the-smiths-01.jpg
285KB, 1200x800px
>>73406676
>Paint a Vulgar Picture
It has Morrissey's worst lyrics. To paraphrase the man himself, the lyrics to that song say nothing to me about my life. Who wants to hear him sings about his problems with how The Smiths was marketed to the public?
>>
File: mark_kozelek.jpg (287KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
mark_kozelek.jpg
287KB, 620x412px
mark is the most important songwriter of the last 25 years.
>>
>>73406583
My second favorite. All songs have their own rhythm and style, but some are more forgettable than others. I Won't Share You is one of their best.
My favorite is s/t because the songs stand on their own so well, the depression is a bit more subtle, and the result is a more special whole to me
>>
>>73406754
there's a demo recording with some extra verses, which makes the song mostly about the musical icons of morrissey's youth and how he's become that for some of his fans. Having been a teenager obsessed with the Smiths it's pretty relatable. I've no idea why they cut it down for the album version
>>
Death Grips was a project to make betas face their innermost insecurities. The song "Eh" puts it nicely in the video where it shows a blinding sun in Ride's chest.
>>
>>73406973
Cool, I'll look it up.
>>
>>73406769
i'll agree with that
>>
File: parable.jpg (471KB, 1210x1208px) Image search: [Google]
parable.jpg
471KB, 1210x1208px
this album and Twin Infinitives both do what TMR was trying to do but a million times better
>>
I hate Pharoah Sanders and Karma is a disgusting excuse for a jazz album that is a complete and utter ripoff of A Love Supreme (I will be honest I didnt finish it because of how disgusted I was at it when I first heard it, tried it again and just couldnt get through it, stopped even earlier)
>>
Bowie was not a genius, well not in the musician/songwriter sense. He was a mediocre sax, piano, keyboard and guitar player.

His particular genius lay in arranging, inspiring and delegating other excellent musicians in studio jams that eventually produced masterpieces of collage and collaboration.
>>
File: marsvolta.jpg (59KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
marsvolta.jpg
59KB, 500x349px
The Mars Volta were the best prog-rock band since King Crimson.

Well, the first two albums at least.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.