[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New portugal.the man album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ptm.jpg (167KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
ptm.jpg
167KB, 806x806px
Heyyyyy wanna know what /mu thinks of Woodstock, the new album of PTM
>>
Pretty good so far. Easy Tiger is pretty catchy although I really dislike parts of the chorus and the beginning.
>>
Never like PTM
Kinda boring
>>
>>73406470
when the fuck did they became popular? it's on the top publics in vk (imma ruskie)
>>
They completely sold out with this. It's honestly generic pop garbage with only a couple decent songs. They have made plenty of catchy stuff in the past but this is just awful money-grab shit.

I'm sure die-hard fans will still enjoy it. Good for them if they find a lot of success with it, but artistically they should be embarrassed. Probably sounds edgy but I sincerely thought it was pretty much 95% shit. Very disappointed as a fan of most of their music
>>
I remember seeing them open for Primus way back in 09 and digging what I heard but I never really got around to checking them out. Just started the new album, should I stop and listen to something else of their's first?
>>
>>73408582
yes. In the Mountain in the Cloud is a good album
>>
>>73408531
I agree completely, they skyrocketed in popularity after Evil Friends (which was still great) and became total sellouts. You articulated it quite well.
>>
>>73408636
Yeah I loved Evil Friends, like I said plenty of catchy stuff but they didn't just totally devolve into generic pop songs like the new album. I stayed up to hear the new album and was kind of pissed I did after listening
>>
>>73408711
half of it is radio singles they've been releasing for a year, too. Low effort crap
>>
Feel it still is awesome... Noise pollution is good too, but only for the chorus
The other songs are mediocre at best tho
>>
anyone have link?
>>
>>73409997
tpb or rutracker
>>
Ehhhh it's not bad but it's boring. I'm not that into them but they've been able to put out really catchy stuff. In the mountain in the clouds, censored colors, and evil friends are really good albums imo. Considering this is the follow up to evil friends I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Not bad, but just not up to their normal standard
>>
Like, it doesn't seem that bad, then I just put on one of their older records and you just feel immediate disappointment. They can do better than this. I know they pride themselves on always changing, and good for them but it's a shame because they are capable of more.
>>
It pains me to see my favourite band go down this route. I hate going muh major label/muh sell-outs but they've really changed for worse after ITMITC.

>>73408370
When they were signed to Columbia.
>>
Pretty good pop album
>>
What others have said, it's not bad. It's kind boring though and a little too poppy for my tastes.

Number One, Feel It Still, So Young, Tidal Wave and Noise Pollution are the stand out songs. The rest of songs are kind of just there to impede your listening of those.

I hope they don't take another 4 year hiatus for their next album. Would love to see them go back to their new album every year phase again but I don't think that will happen.
>>
>>73406470
All I know is that Live in the Moment might be one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

It's mostly shit. Keep On is a pretty good song tho. Far and away their worst album. They can act like they aren't sellouts all they want but this is commercial pop music.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.