[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bands or Albums like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: rhcpthegetaway.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
rhcpthegetaway.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Hey people, this is my first post/thread here in /mu/ I've been listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers a lot, specially The Getaway album, and I'd like to know some other music of the same kind, thanks a lot, much luv
>>
>>73401834
the second album in Stadium Arcadium and solo Frusciante.
RHCP suffers from memehate so no bands try to do what they do.
>>
>>73401907
Gonna look up Frusciante's work, thanks a lot :)
>>
>>73401834
Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled
The Doors - Self Titled and/or L.A. Woman
Talking Heads - Talking Heads 77 and/or Remain in Light
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
>>
>>73402222

>>73401834
I used to have your exact scope. If you are looking to expand this place is a bit pretentious, but you will find a lot of new stuff if you have a VPN, torrent program, and a Badcamp account.
>>
>>73402257
>>73401834
You will find a lot of new stuff if you stick around
>>
Mr Bungle are the obvious ones.
>>
>OP here.

>>73402328
Dude wtf?

>>73402222
Gon' look it up, thanks.

>>73402257
What you mean bro? I mean, I use torrent to download my shit an all but that's about as far as it goes
>>
>>73401834
maybe check out other stuff that danger mouse produced
>>
>>73402894
>Dude wtf?
Have you heard of Mike Patton? Mr. Bungle and Faith No More both have similarities to Chili Peppers, you should check it out.
>>
I'm surprised people aren't giving you more shit for this. The Peppers are easily the most popular band to hate, which I never fully understood. They're great songwriters, better musicians, and have been going for decades.

Anyway there aren't too many bands that sound exactly like them. The Peppers really have their own sound.
>>73402959
This is a good suggestion. I don't think I've ever heard a Danger Mouse project I didn't like. He has a tremendous ear for tight pop songwriting. My favorites of his are
Black Keys - Brothers
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
Danger Mouse & Danielle Luppi - Rome
Bear in mind none of that sounds anything like the Peppers. I'm really trying to think of a similar band for you but I can't think of any. Just listen to the Peppers' discography, and hang out on /mu/ some more. You'll just absorb stuff and most of it is good.
>>
>>73403053
Looked into MrBungle, couldn't stand it to be honest.

>>73403108
I'm actually listening to The Black Keys as we talk, pretty good I have to say, gon' look up the rest.
>>
>>73403152
Black Keys are another band that is very fashionable to hate on here. I love them though, they were huge when I was in high school. One of the last times I can remember hearing real rock on pop radio. El Camino is a very similar album and also produced by Danger Mouse so if you like Brothers go there next.
>>
>>73403108
>which I never fully understood
Well, they're mainstream and very popular, they're going to get a lot of shit thrown their way. That's just the way music in general works.
>>73403152
>couldn't stand it to be honest
That's too bad. I think Patton is fairly polarizing and Mr. Bungle can be a little hard to get into.
>>
>>73403197
I don't really know how to explain it, but most of the musicians mentioned above just have the same "feeling" as to what I'm looking into right now, I don't know if any of what I said makes sense, but that was an amazing help, and I actually remember hearing a thing or two about Black Keys in the past, altough they weren't so popular in my area.

>>73403268
From my point of view Mr.Bungle is too "polluted", it's kinda messy for my ears to appreciate it, nothing against it :)
>>
>>73403268
>Well, they're mainstream and very popular, they're going to get a lot of shit thrown their way. That's just the way music in general works.
I appreciate that, but I still don't understand it. Music is sounds, sounds go into your ear, sounds make your ear happy or not. It really isn't any more complicated than that. I could care less how many sales a record had or how "obnoxious" a fanbase is. A lot of people here wear their music taste as a fashion accessory which is pointless. It only limits the amount of music you're able to enjoy. I remember when Innerspeaker came out, Tame Impala was the darling on /mu/. Then Lonerism came out, which is easily the better record, but they became very popular and got some songs in car commercials. Suddenly they're disowned by /mu/. It's such infantile behaviour. "It's not cool to like this anymore." Pfft. Sorry for the rant, I've just been here so long and it's refreshing for someone new and untainted like OP to just say what he likes.
>>73403308
No problem. Again, try to hang out on /mu/ more. The amount of music I didn't know existed until I came here is staggering.
>>
>>73403343
Thanks a lot again for the help
>>
Check out White Reaper
>>
Primus does funk metal a million times better than RHCP
>>
>>73402222
>not including Fear of Music
>>
>>73403599
Never ever the RHCP have done funk metal. I like both bands but they have nothing in common.
>>
I'm impressed that this thread is going as well as it is. Not an RHCP fan, but >>73403599 is a solid recommendation as well as Funkadelic's Maggot Brain.

You might like Queens of the Stone Age. I'm not sure why they come to mind since they don't sound much like RHCP, but there's definitely a shared strain of the same California rock deep in both bands' DNA.
>>
>>73401834
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any negative obnoxious comments about the album or the band yet, I'm kinda happy with /mu/ right now.

I re-listened to this album last week and it wasn't as bad as I remembered, you should check out some of the B-Sides from the I'm With You album, some of them are better than the album tracks.
>>
File: ShadowsCollideWithPeople (1).jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ShadowsCollideWithPeople (1).jpg
33KB, 300x300px
Time to unpleb yourself
>>
>>73403958
>>73403934
Yeah i was gonna shitpost
but i thought "fuck it, it's just summer again"
nice thread
>>
>>73403968
I think the Frusciante stuff is too early for somebody that just listened to The Gateway huh. You'd better get a groove with Blood Sugar Sex Magik first.
>>
File: 1473290832618.jpg (4KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1473290832618.jpg
4KB, 223x226px
>>73401834
>Hey people, this is my first post/thread here in /mu/
>>
incubus, audioslave, white stripes, jane's addiction, our lady peace, smashing pumpkins, placebo, a perfect circle

just throwin shit to the wall to see what sticks, all good stuff imo coming roughly from the same time.
>>
By The Way and Stadium Arcadium are the fucking BEST RHCP period

>inb4 muh Blood Sugar
>>
>>73402894
These 3 are all me. I am basically saying that if you want to keep up with /mu/ you are going to be torrenting a lot so you might want a vpn.

>>73402273
>>73402257
>>73402222
>>
File: I'm With You.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
I'm With You.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
Favorite Pepper album?

For me it's actually this. It came out when I was in Grade 12 and it was kind my soundtrack for that year so it makes me very nostalgiac. The songs have a poignant quality to them like Brendan's Death Song, Did I Let You Know, Police Station, and even Dance Dance Dance. That song always makes me sad. Actually one of my favorite albums ever thinking about it. Too many memories associated with it.
>>
Frusciante is the best guitarist of my generation I don't care what anyone has to say about it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.