[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is going to be a p4k 10 when it gets reissued in 6 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ceres and calypso.jpg (569KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ceres and calypso.jpg
569KB, 1200x1200px
This is going to be a p4k 10 when it gets reissued in 6 years
>>
how come?
>>
>>73398935
They originally gave it a low ball score because they didn't think it was memeable enough to get page views, but now that it's a genre classic they will have to give the reissue a 10 to save face
>>
File: cover.jpg (83KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
83KB, 599x600px
>>73398265
whoever appreciated that album needs to listen to pic related
>>
>>73399141
is it really good enough to call it a genre classic? Only reason i still listen to it is cause every other dream pop record sounds like a rip off of earlier stuff. But putting that aside, is the tropical fusion stuff enough to call it a classic?
>>
No it won't. The mastering makes it too flawed to be a 10 for anyone.
>>
>>73399182
They used mastering as an extension of the creative process and a complement to the art itself, but keep shoving that mainstream sound paradigm down your throat
>>
No.
It will get a 4 because it was made by white people and didn't had nignog of the month as a feature or producer.
>>
>>73399256
the mastering is awful dude, extension of the creative process or not
>>
come on dude. if it weren't for the artwork no one would care about this album. that's exactly why no one cares about their sound of ceres work which sounds exactly the same.
>>
gonna have to agree with the general sentiment in this thread. it's a good album, definitely worth a listen and even got a couple replays. but it's not a 10 or a genre classic. the mastering does bring it down and there are a couple snoozers. overall 8.6
>>
>>73399256
The problem is that the mastering doesn't compliment and instead hurts it.
Mastering it to be loud is one thing but being able to actually hear the fucking compressor breathe during the "quiet" sections is distracting and sucks out all the dynamics. It's a shame considering the effort put into the arrangements on this album.
>>
>>73399345
Sound of Ceres sounds nothing like this album. C and C was the logical conclusion of 3 albums of artistic development, now they're starting over with different concepts on SoC. Mark my words next SoC album will be a 10.
>>
>>73398265
Probably, but needs to be more consistent.

Every Candy Claws fan knows that In the Dream of Sea Life is much better anyway.
>>
>>73399595
this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.