[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drum General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5179.jpg (73KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5179.jpg
73KB, 650x487px
can we try to keep this alive?
>>
what do you wanna talk about, what sticks you use? on the guitar general it's just dumb shitposters and talking about gear. an instrument general might be interesting tho
>>
>>73396021
what do you mean instrument general? like a catch all for every instrument?
>>
>>73396021
This

What do you want to discuss?
>>
>>73395562
>can we try to keep this alive?
>doesn't try to keep this alive
faggot
>>
>>73396803
this>>73396252
was me
>>
>>73395562
That setup is shit. What are you playing, fucking Kiss covers?
>>
>>73396021
why cant we talk about gear?
what about our kits, stuff we are working on, favorite drummers, ect
>>
>>73397334
Moved to the city so I had to out my kit in storage but I have a cherry red DW performance kit. Man, it sounded great
>>
Thoughts on Chad Smith of RHCP?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459019246484-COLLAGE.jpg (345KB, 1138x1138px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459019246484-COLLAGE.jpg
345KB, 1138x1138px
My current sets. Bit of a Premier man as you might be able to tell, but those little Natal's I couldn't resist at the price they were.
>>
>>73397473
Way better at jamming than writing. He's solid though.
>>
>>73397673
Jazz head? What cymbals are you using?
>>
>>73397717
Idk man. I feel like he's one of the reasons RHCP have remained successful. Not saying they make great music, but Chad is one of the best rock drummers of all time
>>
>>73397815
I bounce back and forth between Stagg VBs (sound like K Customs but at half the price) and a mixture of 5 Star Super Zyns, Zankis and an unbranded Zildjian prototype ride I won on eBay for pennies a while back. That's a great cymbal, really tight and clean but give it a good whack and it gets super washy.
>>
>>73397842
you think?
>>
>>73398190
Unmatched groove and tasteful licks. He's always buried deep in the pocket, driving the band forward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuibdktNlWQ
>>
>>73397673
Those are actually some of the tastiest sets i have seen on here. Usually people post their garbage sets from the garage. What cymbals are those?
>>
Is drumming the hardest instrument to get into price/availability wise?
>>
>>73399052
>price
Not sure if THE most expensive, but definitely one of them. Unlike other instruments (Guitar, Bass), for drumming, no matter how good you are, bad drums/cymbals always sound bad - you can't make a $40 cymbal sound like a $400 cymbal. Yes you can tune cheap drums to perfection, but there are limits. That said, you can get great used stuff for cheap all over the place

>availability
Drums are pretty much as available as any other instrument. Right behind guitar, next to bass and piano

However,
Drums are by far the hardest instrument to get into in terms of location. Drums are LOUD and take up a lot of space, so if you're in a city you can basically forget playing anywhere other than practice studios, which are expensive and inconvenient. If you're not in a city, you still need room for the kit and to make sure your neighbors won't call the cops on you. Still totally worth it though
>>
>>73399298
I have a cheap electric ($200-$300 I think) that I play when my downstairs neighbor leaves for work but god damn I wish I could afford a real kit and a nice place to use it
>>
>>73395562
>can we try to keep this alive?
my parents about their marriage
>>
>>73399410
I can't play e-kits cause I end up trying to play them like they're acoustic and then I get depressed. Drumming life is a struggle
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.