[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Oasis.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 104210_fullsize.jpg (377KB, 1020x768px) Image search: [Google]
104210_fullsize.jpg
377KB, 1020x768px
Redpill me on Oasis.
>>
Beatles tribute band. They were huge in the UK and the continent to a lesser extent. British media always tried to antagonise them with Blur, a slightly better and more creative band.
>>
What do you mean? They're a band (Noel) that understands musical structure very well, in a poppy sort of way. He's one of the best imo at writing a catchy hook.

Just go in sequential order dude. Also don't ignore the B-Sides, they're well known for having B-Sides nearly as good as their singles.
>>
>>73395523
this
>>
>>73395445
If you like the Beatles doesn't necessarily mean you'll like Oasis or vise versa. Not to say the former didn't have a massive influence on the latter but the fact remains.

Personally, the light of Oasis is as much about context as the music. The band's infamously abrasive personalities, their massive popularity during a particularity divided political climate in the UK at the time, there public image as a product of the working class, and, yes, their rivalry with Blur, all contributed to their current legacy.

Overall, I enjoy their music and I think both Noel and Liam are hilarious. I'd take their catalog chronologically. Stop when you're done.
>>
music for bald people that support liverpool or ex metalcore kiddiez that wanna be indeh
>>
>>73395927
I dont get it
>>
>>73395523
Pretty much in a nutshell
>>
last truly relevant rock band
>>
Liam's new single is good, his voice sounds much better than it did years ago
>>
Beatles tribute band, but with two funnier leads
>>
>>73395445
Best comedy act of the nineties by far
>>
They are very hit and miss. They have some amazing songs that I can always listen to and enjoy and then there is just pure garbage. Essentially they were good at making one kind of song and their adventures outside of that sound were pretty bad.
>>
>>73395523
I don't understand why anyone really compares them to Blur to be honest. They're completely different bands.
>>
I tend to listen to Definitely Maybe and the b-sides the most. They had the ability to write incredibly optimistic and uplifting songs that weren't cheesy. I find that somewhat rare.
>>
>>73396165
Media wanted some kind of Beatles vs Stones rivalry that would help boost their popularity
>>
>>73396290
Oh! I guess that makes a lot of sense although it kind of tarnishes the legacy of both bands.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.