[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lorde - Melodrama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: melodrama.jpg (95KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
melodrama.jpg
95KB, 630x630px
What do you guys think of this album?
Personally, I loved it. Probably pop album of the year for me.

Favorite tracks are The Louvre and Hard Feelings
>>
Its a masterpiece of an album Lorde is really a one of a kind artist.
>>
>>73394142
She is to ugly to be a good female artist. I will stick with my t swift
>>
File: IMG_4858.jpg (223KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4858.jpg
223KB, 750x1334px
>>73394783
Please delete this post
>>
AOTY for me so far.
Pure Heroine hit me hard as fuck when it came out, for personal reasons, and this seems to continue the streak.

The only time I cried during a gig was hers.
>>
Are these replies generated by bots or something?
>>
>>73395019
she's kind of cute
>>
I thought it was mediocre.

I can't even fathom how pitchfork gave it an 8.8
>>
>>73395874
What makes you ask that?
>>
>>73395949
Some people can't fathom others liking music they don't like.

Haven't heard the new album yet but her first album was great. I have high expectations for this one.
>>
>>73395874
the album kind of just came out right now. see how that's topical?
>>
>>73395967
I really dug it. Even sober, which I felt was the weakest track of the previously released ones is growing on me.
The production is not as minimalist as the first album, but it's also not overblown like that song from Hunger Games or the Disclosure song.
>>
>>73396002
Yellow Flicker Beat and Magnets were fantastic tracks. I even downloaded that Disclosure album because I was so impressed by Magnets. Check out the Kanye West remix for Yellow Flicker Beat if you haven't heard it.
>>
Just passively listened through the album while at work (sadly off my phone speakers, which at the least face outward with the screen so not as bad as rear or side facing speakers) and I'm busy making calls and talking on the phone, but from what I could hear so far, I'm fairly impressed. Can't wait to put it on in the car ride home after I'm off shift.
>>
>>73394142
really good album can't wait to listen to it thirty thousand more times
>>
I wish Loveless was a little more developed, it has potential. But overall I think the album is a smart direction for her to go
>>
Just listened to it for the 5th time today. Good af
>>
This album is great but I don't think it's as good as Pure Heroine right now. I have to give this album some more time before I have a solid opinion on it. Best tracks for me are Hard Feelings/Loveless, Sober and The Louvre
>>
>>73395934
What did Fantano give it?
>>
>>73398098
10/10
>>
I didn't like it at all, but I'm glad she's not recycling shit. The only one I'd save for a Greatest Hits album is Sober.
>>
>I'VE WAITED FOR IT, THE GREEN LIGHT, I WANT IT

>/mu/ thinks this is good music

Wow, it's no wonder nobody talks about this board in other boards.
>>
I'm glad to see Lorde progressing as an artist
as much as I loved the darkness of PH, it's cool to see her doing something upbeat, and doing it well

the electro-dance pop tracks are the best:
fun, slick production (but not in the cheap sterilized way), not too generic, some beats on the heavier side too
and Lorde really shines as a songwriter

the slower tracks on here are kinda meh...maybe they need to grow on me

I can't decide on a favourite track since I've only listened to it once, but these stuck with me
>Homemade Dynamite
>The Louvre
>Supercut
>Sober II (Melodrama)
>Green Light
>>
Well since pitchfork gave it a 8.8, I expect it to be a top 5 at the end of the year
>>
>>73398098
who
the fuck
cares
>>
GOAT Lorde:

The Louvre

Best: Green Light/ Sober II
Runner up: Homemade Dynamite
Worst: Hard Feelings / Loveless
>>
Lorde is gay Tumblr shit and anyone who unironically likes this no talent hack should neck themselves.

/thread
>>
>>73398819

>Worst: Hard Feelings / Loveless

no taste hmph
>>
>>73398825
kys
>>
Liability, Hard Feelings / Loveless, and Supercut are my favorite so far. There's a lot of great depictions of young love on this album, it makes me nostalgic
>>
I really miss the aggressive lyrics from songs like Glory and Gore & White Teeth Teens. It was so original and different to hear shit like "Give the bruises out like gifts" and "impress the empress take a shot now"
>>
>>73395934
see
>>73399576
>>
I liked Pure Heroine better
>>
cut the album so it's just the louvre, liability, hard feelings/loveless, supercut, and liability (reprise) on an ep
>>
File: 1497362083707.jpg (65KB, 696x687px) Image search: [Google]
1497362083707.jpg
65KB, 696x687px
>>73398495
>it gos it gos it gos GUILOTINEEEE YUH!!!!

Wow, it's no wonder nobody talks about this board in other boards.
>>
>>73399608
This. It sounds good, and i need to listen to it more, but the lyricism on Pure Heroine was much more affecting for me. Pure Heroine's GOAT, Melodrama's quite good.
>>
anyone have a link to download it? mega?
>>
I love the metal like sounds on Hard Feelings
>>
first listen but I cant say I enjoy this even half as much as Pure Heroine. Not sure it will grow on me
>>
>>73402670
spotify
>>
>>73404342
sorry I'm not a spotify cocksucker
>>
>>73402727
yeha that was really interesting
>>
>>73394142
are lyrics good?
>>
>>73394142
oops didn't see this thread
anyway my thoughts >>73404935
it's meh but cool that people are liking it
>>
>>73394765
fpbp
>>
>>73394142
2nd AOTY for me behind Brockhampton's Saturation.

Definitely the best Pop album to come out since E.MO.TION and an improvement from Pure Heroine in terms of variety, production, lyrics, and even vocal range.

Favorite tracks are Sober, Writer In The Dark, Perfect Places, Hard Feelings/Loveless, and Sober 2 (Melodrama).
>>
>>73396002
>the previously released ones

Wow they should come up with a word for this type of song. Seems like such a hassle to type all that out.
>>
>>73397840
I wish she didn't spell the fucking word a thousand times
>>
File: 1470709444874.jpg (59KB, 669x796px) Image search: [Google]
1470709444874.jpg
59KB, 669x796px
Remember when lady Gaga tried to project herself as Bowies successor but he shat on her and called Lorde "the future of music" instead?

He was right
>>
>>73401617
>lyricism
This word is not the plural of "lyric". Did niggers make you think that? They're wrong.
>>
>>73394783
kys, she a thot
>>
File: loooorde.jpg (82KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
loooorde.jpg
82KB, 400x533px
>>73394783
faggot ^
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.