[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's their best work??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0252.jpg (52KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0252.jpg
52KB, 300x317px
What's their best work??
>>
Misty Mountain Hop
>>
>>73390382
III
>>
Kashmir
>>
Whichever one's the shortest.
>>
>>73390382
Unironically Untitled, if only for the great nostalgia/feels/comfiness I associate with it. For pure musicality, The Song Remains the Same or their last live album, Celebration Day.
>>
IV
>>
Houses of the Holy
>>
Their first five albums are all equally good, and they're really, really good.
>>
Achilles Last Stand
>>
First album best album
>>
D'yer Mak'er is the only good song they ever recorded
>>
No Quarter is unironically thier most impressive piece, but the entirety of Zepp 1 is thier peak album.
>>
I agree no quarter is their most impressive song. I just love the them and the story it tells, even though I believe it's primarily an ode to the Viking era, it somehow still feels like something that's currently happening.
>>
>>73390631
I'm guessing you think this because they sound just like sublime in that song. You must be really into sublime. Crawl back to the crackhead hole from witch you rose this morning.
>>
>>73390552
I'm fairly new to Zeppelin but I've pretty much had all of their albums on reply for the last 2-3 months lol. But this song I'm unfamiliar with.. do you know what's it's about and what album was it on? I love finding the true meaning of some lz songs because it's never what you expect. The songs change meaning with each listen depending on the individual. Amazing how that music was created and how it works on the mind compared to today's mainstream garbage, like young rappers making unrecognizable noises over a not so complex beat.
>>
black sabbath
>>
Physical Graffiti is their best album and the best double LP of all time.
>>
>>73390382
Physical Graffiti > Houses of the Holy > Zeppelin 3
>>
>>73391211
"Yes."
>>
LIVE IS BEST
LIVE IS BEST
LIVE IS BEST

except when they were strung out and plant's kid died and they were tired
>>
>>73390382
Even though they have so many excellent songs and they better known for high energy rockers, I'd say the two ballads from Houses of the Holy, No Quarter and Rain Song.
>>73390552
Another great one

honorable mention:
That's the Way
Song Remains the Same
Ten Years Gone
White Summer/Black Mountainside (even though the latter is basically a Bert Jansch ripoff)
Since I've Been Loving You
Battle of Evermore
Thank You
Friends
When the Levee Breaks
Good Times Bad Times
The Rover
>>73391902
I'm OK with this
>>
>Led Zepplin
>Best work

LOL!
>>
There first and second album are there best 4 was good to but had some boring songs on that and so did 3, kashmir is great to.
>>
File: 1035x795-458901526.jpg (89KB, 1035x795px) Image search: [Google]
1035x795-458901526.jpg
89KB, 1035x795px
Now by popular demand! A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."
>>
>>73391902
I'm a 3 guy and I still probably prefer their numbered albums but I can respect this
>>
>>73391118
retard alert
>>
>>73391175
This is bait, right? As for the song literally just Google it, dude.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.